|46| A Place To Call Home

A/N: I've just updated the second chapter of "Empty Promises"

(Your POV)

A few days had gone by since you visited Kayano at the hospital.

Ever since the start of winter break, you hadn't had any contact with any of your classmates. They were all eerily quiet and you began to wonder if Koro-sensei's backstory had something to do with it.

After all, you had also found yourself thinking about it more than once. Now that you knew what he had gone through before coming to teach your class, you were starting to have some doubts on the assassination.

After everything he had done for you and after spending the year with him, you would be lying if you said you weren't attached to him. So killing him was an idea you were starting to dislike.

You tried not to think too much about it. You didn't want to make yourself sad. Unfortunately, your train of thought then took you to your brother.

You still hadn't talked to him ever since he left. As the days had gone by, your anger had died down but that didn't mean you weren't still mad at him. You were still hurt by his words...

You had thought of reaching out to him but were quick to dismiss that idea. In all honesty, you were hesitant to contact him. From what you had seen, he was ignoring your father's calls so it was quite likely that he would ignore yours too.

Speaking of your father... Your home life had become quite... interesting.

It was difficult to describe. To start with, the change you had been seeing in your mother had stopped abruptly. Though she was less controlling than before, she was back to being cold.

On the contrary, your father had begun paying more and more attention to you. It was weird having him interested in what you did. He would ask you how you were doing in class and in your other activities.

Honestly, though a bit uncomfortable at times, you were content. All your life you had only wished for your father to acknowledge you and now, he was doing even more than that.

"(Y/N)," your mother's voice interrupted your internal monologue. "Have you seen Kaori lately?"

You paused what you were doing as you slowly turned around. With all that had been going on, you had completely forgotten to text him.

"Not really," you spoke very slowly. "But if you want, I can try and call him?"

"No," your mother shook her head. "I'll call him again."

You bit your bottom lip as you watched her dial his number once again. However, when she saw you were still there, her forehead creased in annoyance and shooed you away.

You were quick to go back to your room where you grabbed your phone and searched for Kaori's contact.

You: I know we haven't talked much

You: But my mother's been calling you and if you don't answer she might get suspicious

Not too long went by and you were called down to dinner. Your father was already seated, his jaw clenched, his eyebrows drawing together. But, as soon as he saw you, his whole face shifted and he was back to his usual unemotional expression though this time, it was a bit less cold than usual.

You soon began eating, an uncomfortable silence enveloping the atmosphere. The only sound that could be heard was that of the pendulum of the grandfather clock, swinging from side to side.

"Hanami," your father broke the silence as he called your mother's name. "Do you know who I saw the other day at the hospital?"

"Mhm who?"