|53| Stay?

A/N: Hehe sorry for taking long to update 😬

But wth guys?? +7k votes?!?! Thank you so much!!! <3

(Your POV)

You ran upstairs, your breathing agitated as you stumbled through the corridor. Finally, you made it to your room and you were quick to swing it open.

"Of course you wouldn't want to go against them... After all, what could I have expected from such a coward like you?" You heard Akiro's voice whispering in your ear.

"You're just so naive!" It shouted.

Your parent's argument and Akiro's words ran inside your head, haunting your every thought.

It was official now. The little hope you had had was now gone. No. Your parents weren't changing.

Knees giving in, you fell on the cold floor, silent tears running down your cheeks. Burying your head in between your legs, you shut your eyes and rocked yourself back and forth.

Why?

You inhaled and exhaled quickly as those thoughts plagued your mind. You felt like you were suffocating as you gasped for air, your nails digging into the hardwood floor.

Just why did everything have to fall apart?!

You slowly stood up, knees wobbling as your whole body shook. Stumbling over to your window, you were able to open it though not without some difficulties. Placing your hands on the windowsill, you gathered up the few strength you had left and pulled yourself upwards.

Your breathing hitched upon looking down at the ground, your vision going blurry. Had it always been this high?

You gulped and reached for the tree branch. First, you placed one foot and then the other, your grip on the tree so tight your knuckles were turning white. You took a deep breath and began climbing down.

You smiled weakly as you got closer to the ground but the tears welling up in your eyes were making it difficult for you to see properly. You even tried to blink them away but it didn't make much difference and your foot slipped.

It all happened so quickly, you barely had any time to react as you lost your hold on the tree branch and came tumbling down. The fall knocked the wind out of you as you let out a loud groan.

Eyes closed, hands sinking into the soil, you cursed such profanities you were sure it would've shocked anyone who knew you.

Rolling on your side, you managed to stand up, your whole body trembling. You had to lean on the wall to catch your breath and waited for your vision to stop spinning. You were sure you must have gotten a concussion.

It was then you heard the front door open. You were completely still, praying whoever had opened the door wouldn't go to the back of your house since you were sure you had no more energy left to hide. Luckily, whoever it was soon got back inside and you let out a loud sigh of relief.

After a few minutes, you finally managed to stand up straight on your own and, without even thinking about it, you found yourself running, allowing your feet to take the lead.

You soon found yourself in front of a house you knew too well. You frantically rang the doorbell.

"Please, please, please," you mumbled over and over, tears welling up in your eyes as the seconds ticked by.

Your mind was haunted by thoughts. Everything that had been piling up these past weeks now suffocated you. Akiro's outburst, Kaori going off-the-grid, your mother's mood swings, your father's control... It was all too much.