|64| An 800 Word Essay

(Your POV)

Your eyes were round as they vacantly stared down at your shoes. Break time had ended some time ago so it was just you in the main campus' courtyard. Walking slowly, you eventually reached the bottom of the mountain. You had to get to class...

"Huh? (Y/N)?" You suddenly heard Karma's voice.

You froze and slowly lifted your head, your eyes locking with his mercury ones.

"Did something happen?" He approached you.

You didn't say anything and only stared at him in silence.

"Maiya took the picture," you finally whispered. "Aoi and Nika sent it to the magazine."

Without saying anything else, you resumed your pace, Karma following behind, brow furrowed in concern.

The two of you soon reached the classroom and Karma slid the door open. Almost instantly, your classmates' heads were turned towards the door, as well as Koro-sensei's, who stopped writing on the board.

"(Y/N) and Karma, break time ended fifteen minutes ago." He scolded.

"It did?" Karma smiled amusingly as he tilted his head to the side. "Oops, sorry. Guess I lost track of time."

"(Y/N)?" Koro-sensei now focused his attention on you.

"Sorry," you simply mumbled.

Your teacher remained silent, his small white eyes locked on your face.

"Take a seat," he finally said. "But don't think you'll be leaving unpunished." He was quick to add as Karma groaned. "You'll be staying after class writing an essay to make up for the time you lost."

You didn't even try to complain and only sat down at your desk, Karma, surprisingly, doing the same thing. The class continued like usual but you couldn't concentrate. The only thing you could do was stare at your notebook as your mind replayed over and over the way you had treated Maiya.

You were so caught up in your own thoughts that you didn't even notice Karma was having the same difficulties concentrating, too busy stealing glances at you to see if you were okay.

The day finally came to an end. You had already texted the chauffeur you wouldn't be leaving school for another hour and had already waved off your friends with a smile. After a few minutes, the classroom emptied until the only ones left were Koro-sensei, Karma and you.

"Now (Y/N)-chan, Karma-kun," your teacher placed a blank sheet of paper in front of you, "you will be writing an 800 word essay of the book we read last semester." Karma immediately rolled his eyes. "Your question: What motivates the protagonist to act?" He grinned. "Nurufufu, good luck!"

And with that, he was gone at the speed of mach 20.

"I'm sorry Karma," you whispered, your voice making him perk up. "It's my fault we came in late and the worst part is, you wasted your whole break waiting for me."

"Nah, don't sweat it." He easily dismissed it. "And I didn't waste my break." He chuckled. "I actually had fun."

"Really?" You mumbled.

"Yeah. It's pretty entertaining poking fun at the Student Council. You should try it sometime." He began balancing himself on his chair.

"You were with... Asano?" You blinked a few times.

"He wanted to see you." He shrugged nonchalantly.

The two of you soon turned your attention back to your paper. You first started jotting down your ideas to create a mindmap. At least that way you would have some sort of plan.