|30| Thinking Things Through

A/N: Hey guys! I'm finally back!!! :D

I'm really sorry for not updating but I've been really busy this month and barely had any time to write :(

(Your POV)

You absentmindedly played the piano as you thought about yesterday night's events. You dreamily sighed yet again, something you had been found yourself doing for quite some time now. You could still feel the tingling sensation of his lips on yours and just thinking about it had you blushing like a madman.

Even though he hadn't been your first kiss, he had been the first person you had kissed willingly and the first person to have made you feel such emotions. You remembered your lips crashing, catching you completely off guard. You remembered your heart stopped beating, your brain unable to think properly as millions of butterflies invaded your stomach. It had been one of the greatest sensations you had ever experienced.

You had finally kissed and confessed your feelings but, what were you exactly? Were you dating? Could you even do that if you were supposed to fake dating Kaori?

The uncertainty of what your relationship was could be easily felt that morning at school. You had kept stealing glances at his direction as you tried to think of a solution to your problem. You had also caught Karma staring at you more than once. Of course when you locked eyes, he had been a bit surprised that you had caught him staring but he had quickly recovered from his shock and diverted the attention to you, teasing you for constantly stealing glances at him which caused you to get distracted from the lesson and be scolded by Koro-sensei, your face red in embarrassment.

You continued playing the piano as you thought about those things. You couldn't just break things up with Kaori or your mother would take you back to the main campus, plus she would be suspicious of your sudden change in behaviour. But you also couldn't continue on faking it...

'Ugh. Why is everything so complicated?!' You thought as you stopped playing and slammed your hands against the keys in frustration.

"The piano hasn't done anything to you (Y/N)," you heard your brother say as he casually walked past you and sat down on the couch and began reading a book.

You sighed, he was right, it wasn't the piano's fault. You shouldn't have lost your nerves just like that, especially at home. If your parents had been home you would have certainly gotten a scolding.

Staring at your brother in silence, you pondered about what to do now. You were so lost and knowing yourself, you would try to work all out on your own. But after that honest conversation with Karma, you knew you had to stop trying to do everything on your own. You inhaled deeply, you really needed someone's advice...

"Have you... have you ever liked someone?" You suddenly asked your brother as you sat up straight. "As in... romantically..." You grimaced at the awkwardness.

Your brother froze in his place upon hearing your sudden question. He took his eyes from the book he was reading and stared at the turned off TV in front of him, lost in thought.

"Why do you ask?" He said after a brief period of silence.

"Can you-Can you first answer the question?" You bit your bottom lip.

Akiro closed his book and placed it on his lap as he thought about it. You watched his expressions very carefully as you awaited his answer.

"I don't know," he finally said, shrugging his shoulders in an unbothered manner as he returned back to his task.

You stared at him in silence as he read his book. In a way, you were expecting this answer but you had hoped he would have said another thing, you would have hoped he could have helped you in some way.