MONSTER AU

A/N: Hey!!! Sorry for not having updated but I've been really busy and still have to plan exactly how I want the fic to end and it's a bit of a slow process :(

As I said before, there are only like 5 chapters left and although there aren't many, it's the end of the fic so I really wanna make it all tie together and that requires more planning on my part, which I unfortunately haven't been able to do :(

So, since it's been so long and it's Halloween, I've decided to publish this Monster AU I wrote a few months ago to get out of writer's block.

It's not exactly a one shot like my last AUs since it's not that elaborate and was just a fun way for me to play around with the characters in this different environment.

Lore

- The world in which they live in is 90% humans, 10% monsters.

- Monsters can't keep up with the new technologies and are easier to constrain than in the past so humans now have the upper hand.

- Monsters are hunted for their abilities (witches for their potions, devils for their deals...) but also for the properties they have. For example, vampire teeth are indestructible and cut through anything, making very lethal and discreet weapons. A werewolf's fur makes for the best coat and is immune to freezing temperatures, etc.

- Monsters try to blend in and go unnoticed.

- In the monster society, there's a hierarchy which determines how accepted they are by humans. Those at the top are given certain privileges and the monster race at the very top of the pyramid is made illegal to hunt and basically gets a free pass. In exchange, they must give something in return (potions, deals, community work lol, etc.)

- In this AU, vampires aren't immortal. However, they have the longest lifespan out of all.

- Vampires live for 300-400 years. Vampire children age as humans would but when they reach 21 they age very, veeeeeery slowly.

- Vampires also don't immediately die from sun exposure. They get first degree to third degree burns, depending on how sunny it is and the time they stay in the sun. The sun also makes them more thirsty so if they don't get in the shade, they will die of starvation and overheating.

The (L/N) family (The Parent's Story)

- I'm gonna pamper myself so in this AU, Rui and Hanami get along and their relationship is similar to the one they had as teenagers in "Empty Promises" (if only... 😪).

- Rui belongs to a clan of very traditional noble vampires. They drink human blood, sleep in coffins, live in grand (and haunting looking) manors, etc.

- Hanami is also a vampire but she belongs to the 'vegetarian' coven. They drink animal blood, and are more of the live-in-the-moment type. They're also the more rebellious and risk-taking kind of vampires.

- Hanami and Rui were forced to marry each other to bring peace and unite the two clans. It was important for the vampires to join forces so they could regain their status, and impose their influence and power over the other monsters.

- They got engaged at 16 and married at 18. As expected, Hanami and Rui didn't get along and they were always arguing over their ideals and basically everything. After all, Rui saw her as a stubborn and impulsive girl and Hanami saw him as nothing but an uptight robot.

- Since they despised each other so much, they tried to spend as little time as possible together. They rarely saw each other and they spent zero time at home.