Comeback

Jimin and Jungkook sit across from each other at the cafe at HYBE after their work out. Jungkook is ravenously eating from his plate but Jimin seems to be sat staring at him as he sips an iced fruit tea. Jungkook meets his eyes mid bite of his noodles and awkwardly slurps them into his mouth.

"How is your mixtape going?" Jimin asks, looking down over some food on his plate, and scrunching his face up, deciding against it. Jungkook pauses as he swallows his food.

"Good. I worked on it yesterday with Joon. He had some really great ideas for one of the tracks Pdogg and I had struggled with. It's great to be in the studio with him again." He takes another bite of his food and Jimin finishes his drink.

"Is it going to come out before our Comeback?" Jungkook shakes his head.

"No, I'm not that far along. I have a few songs but some of them might be better choices for the comeback. We have to start work on it soon or we won't make the schedule for the tour." Jimin's eyes get wide thinking about the pending album.

"I don't have a song chosen yet. I've listened to so many but none of them really speak to me. I sort of want something that makes me feel the thrill, like when I met Dasom, and had that rush of intensity. You know?" He looks up at his younger friend. Jungkook nods. He remembers how Jimin reacted when he saw Dasom on stage. He remembers how nervous he was to meet her backstage and how he talked about her all the way home that night.

"It will come. You will know it when you hear it," he offers, taking his last bite. He looks over at Jimin's plate which is still full of the food he chose. "You aren't hungry?" Jimin looks down, noticing his meal and he picks up a dumpling and eyes it before placing it back into the plate.

"Nah, I had a late lunch," he explains. Jungkook is reminded of his lunch the previous day with Taehyung.

"Oh, Yoongi hyung and I had lunch with Taehyung yesterday at Kwansooksoo," he begins. Jimin nods.

"I like that place."

"Taehyung was at my apartment and he saw a news report about a teacher at a preschool and he told me that was the girl he was going to marry." He sits back, waiting for Jimin's reaction. Jimin looks up from his plate, his eyes pop and his mouth drops open. He stares back at Jungkook.

"Who?" He probably didn't hear that right he figures.

"The teacher. The report was on the school because they need money for repairs or something but they interviewed the teacher and Taehyung saw her and said that she was the one." He smiles as he shakes his head, still marveling at the absurdity of it a full day later.

"Has he met her?" Jimin isn't sure what to make of this story. Jungkook shakes his head.

"No! He knows nothing about her apart from what she looks like and where she works. She might even already be married for all he knows." He frowns. Jimin ponders this development. It is not unusual for Taehyung to develop feelings quickly, often too quickly, and then just as quickly lose the feelings, but he has never talked about marrying someone, specifically, just the idea of marriage and a family. He knows he wants that. He knows he's talked about being a dad and settling down, very recently, but he's never used those words about an actual person. He wonders if this can be real. Jungkook certainly seems to be dismissing the idea, but he isn't so quick to dismiss it. He had been so sure when he met Dasom, maybe it is possible to see someone and decide you will love them, even though you haven't met.

"What's he planning?" Jimin knows there must be more to the story.

"I'm not sure. When we left him yesterday afternoon he was going shopping. I hope he didn't go ring shopping!" He is only half teasing because he thinks anything could be possible. Jimin remembers picking out the ring he gave Dasom. He smiles to himself as he thinks about how many months he carried the ring around waiting for the right moment to propose. He had even told Taehyung because he supported his decision, and was excited for him. It wouldn't feel right to doubt him now when he's feeling this same flush of love. He does wonder why he didn't reach out to him already about this but if the only people he has discussed it with are Yoongi and Jungkook, well, he can't think of two more discouraging people to profess your true love to. Neither of them are getting married, maybe ever, he thinks. He laughs to himself and looks back up at Jungkook who is staring at him and probably has guessed exactly what he's thinking.

"I take it you both tried to talk him out of this?" Jimin guesses correctly.

"Well, I did. Yoongi hyung seemed to be too amused by it all." He remembers.

"Did he get upset?" Jimin knows he would be very sensitive about this with them.

"No, he could not be dissuaded at all. He's still set on finding her." Jimin nods thinking about it. He makes up his mind right then to help him in any way he can, as soon as he reaches out.
"Of course this could all just distract him from recording the comeback. Apart from our first song, we have done very little work together," Jungkook says, feeling the sting of the truth in his words.

He wishes they could all just get together at the same time in the studio, the way they use to, but there is always a schedule conflict with Namjoon's family or Jin, whose wife is pregnant now. Yoongi works late at night and Hobi seems to have a million other things going on. It's been rough getting together with any of them for any real length of time in the studio.

"But the song will be out soon, after its release, we can focus on the rest of the songs. I think we need a boost from ARMY hearing the first single to find the thread of this album." Jimin tells him. Jungkook nods thinking about the first single which Taehyung wrote with Yoongi, and his part of the song. He really loves his voice in this song. He's been thinking about the music video for it and he has some ideas he is hoping to present, a sort of pitch, to Bang PD. He's been making short films for their content for years and has already made one of their music videos, but that was years ago, and he thinks the time has come to make another. He's certain the group will support him and almost positive Bang PD will as well.

"I've been thinking about asking PD nim if I can direct the music video." He stares over at Jimin to judge his reaction. Jimin looks up surprised, pausing for a moment as if to imagine it. "I have a lot of ideas and I want to make a sort of rough visual storyboard of my ideas to show him." Jimin nods.

"I think that's a great idea Jungkook. I would love to see what you come up with. When are you going to do this?"

"Well, I know it has to be soon, he's probably already in talks with some of the HYBE directors and I want him to see my ideas before he settles on any of them doing it."

"Can you get something together in time for the V live? For our meeting?" Jungkook hadn't considered this before, it's not very much time, but, having a deadline would certainly help him focus on getting it done. He smiles and nods to Jimin.

"That would be a great time to do it, I could show you all at the same time," he says thinking about it. He looks over at Jimin who is folding over his napkin on his still full plate. Jungkook takes this as a cue and he tidies up the trash on his empty plate. Before he can stand to take it to the rubbish bin, a young girl in uniform steps up to the table and reaches to indicate toward the plate.

"Are you finished? Let me take this for you Oppa," she says nervously giggling as she looks back and forth between Jungkook and Jimin. Jungkook smiles at her and nods, bowing a thank you as she gathers everything from the table. As she steps away, she continues to bow at him as she steps backwards toward the bins. Jimin leans in.

"She was hovering around you for quite some time hoping to be the one to clear your plate," he teases. Jungkook smiles at him knowingly. He's very use to this sort of attention from every girl he meets. Well, from nearly every girl.