Mistake

Binna wakes, still in darkness, confused. She looks around her, trying to identify where she is, feeling the softness of the covers on her body and she remembers that she is in Jungkook's spare bed. After he left her alone to get changed, she had tossed and turned trying to shut off her mind and rest. Her mind was clouded with alcohol, with embarrassment at being too tipsy to see herself home, and clouded with feelings she wasn't ready to confront; a little tickle of interest in him, in Jungkook. She spent the day watching him grow up, as an artist, as a performer, as a man. He enjoyed watching himself, watching all of them through the old footage, but what he saw was memories, what she saw was him, the real him, and it was nice.

She finally fell asleep, feeling dizzy and unsure, and had woken several times, each time confused and groggy, and then remembering where she is and feeling oddly comforted. She felt foolish for drinking so much and had chastised herself for getting tipsy at the home of an artist who is essentially her boss now. Her boss. How awkward to think of how her boss's eyes sparkle in the right light, and the warmth of his smile. Probably millions of people around the world have every inch of his face memorized, but do they know how shiny his hair is up close? 

She lays still, staring at the blue gray of the ceiling paint, thinking of the music video. Focusing on work is what she needs. She looks at her phone, it's only 3am. She groans. She's now sober, fully awake, and has hours and hours to lay here trying not to think. She sits upright, quickly. There is only one way to stop her mind from wandering with thoughts she has no right to think, and that's to fill it with work. She throws the covers off and gets up. She walks quietly to the door, opening it, softly closing it behind her as she steps into the hallway. Her bare feet on the stone tile make a noise and she walks carefully on tip toe down the long hallway toward the edit suite.

As she walks past the row of closed doors, she is surprised to see one open. She stops and looks through the doorway, realizing too late that it's his bedroom, and he's laying in bed, under the fluff of the duvet. She gasps a little at the realization and silences herself by putting her hand over her mouth. She creeps away from his door, even quieter than she had been walking, and moving even slower towards the edit room at the end of the hallway. She closes herself inside the room, exhaling the breath she had been holding since she realized that she was staring at his sleeping form in his bed. She bites her lip and stifles a laugh at herself, feeling relieved to be in the safety and familiarity of the edit room. She sits down at the monitor and switches it on, attaching the next drive of footage, and begins to scan through to look for another file to watch.

She looks through the file names, mostly they are dates, not names, and she's learned from watching footage all day to open the ones with letters after the date, because his filing system often labels each members footage with their initial. She scans down the list, and sees a date, 131123' labeled with a 'J' and she smiles, opening it. It's a short file, and she sees the face of a very young Jungkook in the darkened room where they record Vlogs. She listens to him, sounding so inexperienced, so innocent even as he talks about trying to build up his body, and the delicious meal they ate with Bang PD. She smiles, thinking about what he must have felt back then, to be so young, younger than the others, and to have this experience.

She listens closely as he admits that he is working hard on his voice, and hopes to be as good as Justin Bieber one day. She chuckles, thinking how incredible his voice is and how much she prefers it to Justin Bieber's, but she recognizes that he must have been an idol he looked up to for many years.

"Ah, my face looks so puffy!" She is startled by the voice behind her and she stands up quickly, turning around to face Jungkook who must have come in while she was lost in thought watching him in the video. Her mouth drops open as he smiles, stepping further into the room wearing only a pair of sweatpants. He looks over at her, and then immediately looks down, at her bare legs, under the oversized t-shirt. She stares back at him, surprised, and embarrassed. He tilts his head as his eyes travel over her body, slowly, and he steps just a little closer. "I've certainly grown up since then," he says softly, almost in a whisper. She swallows hard as she barely manages to nod in agreement as she tries not to look at the muscles of his stomach and his chest, or the sleeve of tattoos down his arms. She thinks she should say something, she should apologize for waking him, she should explain why she's sat working at 3am, she could tell him she enjoys looking at the footage, and seeing how he's grown...

His eyes narrow as he meets hers, still moving closer to her, slowly. He stops directly in front of her, looking down over her t-shirt. His body is very close to hers and she leans back to look up at him, wondering at him. He notices a strand of hair across her cheek and he reaches up slowly, and slips it behind her ear, letting his fingers linger long enough to trace a line down her neck, raising goosebumps on her chilled skin. He looks down into her dark eyes, staring at her with such intensity. She holds her breath awaiting his next move. His look is serious and determined, and he lets his hand slide around the back of her neck, pulling her closer to him as he brings his lips down to meet hers. Her eyes flutter closed as their lips touch, and she feels the warmth of his skin, and heat of his breath against her.

He feels her give in to his kiss, tilting her head to the side as his kiss grows deeper, stronger, and his tongue slips between her lips, exploring her, encouraged. His other hand drops down to rest on her hip, over the fabric of the over sized t-shirt, and his hand slides down until his thumb brushes against the bare skin of her leg. His mind begins to flood with images of her, and the feel of her kiss, the scent of her perfumed skin, is awakening something powerful inside him. His fingers slip under the fabric of the shirt, and slide up her leg until they reach her hip, and the silky fabric of her panties. He lets his fingers trace the line of the hem, slowly, threatening to slip under it as he pulls his lips from hers. He smiles down at her.

"I thought you might have joined me when you stopped at my door," he whispers, as his fingers finally slide under the waistband of her panties to touch the smooth skin of her hip. His soft voice swirls around in her head making her swoon. She hears the words repeat again and again, until they become clear and she opens her eyes to see him, eyes closed and smiling, his hand moving slowly and purposefully, tracing a line down her hip. She pulls her head away.

"I- I'm sorry. This- This is a mistake," she says, pulling her body away from his and she turns quickly and rushes out of the room, leaving the monitor on with the footage still playing, as he stands with his arms outstretched wondering what the hell just happened.