A Plan

Binna sits across from Jungkook in the large cafeteria in the company headquarters. He's eating a huge bowl of noodles, and sitting with his back to the rest of the room, facing away from the crowd of people. She sits across from him with her notebook, and her small iced coffee, waiting for him to continue his description of the plans for the new footage. He's mentioned many ideas, but none of them seem to flow together or connect to the footage he's already using, the footage of the group from their past. He takes a big bite of his noodles, slurping them into his mouth as she eyes him, waiting for him to finish. He begins talking with his mouth still full of food.

"I always wanted to show members now, together, all together, but we are not together very often. I mean, for official promotional photo shoots or awards shows, we use to be, but, lately, it's too hard to get them all together. We can't even get into the studio at the same time." He seems to groan as he takes a drink to wash down the noodles. She watches him curiously, and wonders if there isn't a little more going on in his mind than just the video. She is aware they need to record the album, before the tour which is planned. It's not unlike the stress of the deadlines for her shoots. The same day every week, a new episode drops, and the episodes have to be planned meticulous from start to finish, and each connect to each other in a flow that makes sense for the season. There can't ever be a bad episode, or a weak episode, each one has to be better than the last, but they film them all in ten hour blocks, so much of the planning takes place before, and you get the best coverage you can and hope your plan comes together in the edit suite.

She doesn't have to please as many people in advance when planning for the content for the docu-series; it's just her and the show writers, and eventually her and the editors. She doesn't have to get with six other people, and a producer, and get approval on all the creative ideas before beginning, matching the direction of your ideas with the others, connecting them, and then work to get it all recorded and mixed for release, as he does. If even one of the members isn't connected to the work in the same way, it will show in the final recording. How do you get seven people feeling the same things at the same point in their lives? It must be really difficult to write and produce for their music. By comparison, the music video production should be easy, if he can settle on a plan for the new footage.

"So, you want to showcase the members independently?" she asks, noticing that he has a small stain of sauce on his otherwise perfect mouth. She drops her eyes to the notepad which is now full of scribbled notes, questions and even a doodle of him she started while he was chatting with a colleague who came over to talk about his mixtape recording schedule. He sits perfectly still, thinking, staring at her notepad, but not really focused on it. The stain of sauce, peeking out from the corner of his lips, tempting her thoughts away from work.

"No, it's the opposite of what I really want, but, I just don't think I will be able to get them all together." She nods, understanding more clearly. She thinks for a moment.

"There is something we can do, to connect them, even if we keep all of their shoots separate, can we use the same location?" He looks up at her, staring at her as he thinks about what she's asking him. She notices the little drop of sauce still at the corner of his mouth and fights back an unusual urge she feels to wipe it away. She begins to blush at even the thought of doing such a thing. She takes a drink from her iced coffee, quickly looking away from him. He smiles, as he considers what she's said.

"Do you mean that we get each member together in one location, at a different time, so it's as though everyone is in the same place?" he asks. She nods.

"Yes, but it should be someplace meaningful to all of you, maybe someplace you could return to." She leans in closer, bursting with an idea. "Is there a location, somewhere from your past, that would bring the new footage in connection to the old footage?" He thinks about what she's asked, and his eyes open wider as something comes to mind. He begins to smile, his eyes filling with a warm light that intrigues her. He begins to nod slowly.