First Lunch

Jungkook sits in the outer office waiting for Bang PD to be available to meet with him. He left for HYBE early, really early, and found no one in their studio. He listened to some of the tracks he recorder earlier with Pdogg but he couldn't focus his mind on the work at hand so he went to work out and had already spent more than an hour at the gym despite the fact that it's not yet lunchtime.

As he worked out, he tried not to think about his apartment, his edit suite, the music video, or Binna. It worked for a while, he could distract himself with counting reps, and pushing himself harder. He frowns as he thinks about the situation now. He was nearly certain she wanted to kiss him, and she enjoyed kissing him, but the way she pulled back, calling it a 'mistake', that was completely awkward. He's not even sure why he kissed her. She's very pretty, and sexy, but so are a lot of girls. What is it about her?

The pretty assistant keeps looking over at him, smiling each time his eyes meet hers and he smirks, knowing that every time he visits Bang PD she seems to find some way to detain him a little longer, maybe keeping him waiting a few minutes more than necessary just to get more time with him. He smiles up at her, studying the curve of her cheek and her bright eyes. She blushes under his gaze.

"Can I do anything for you Oppa?" she asks informally, surprising him. He can think of a lot of things she could do for him and he chuckles to himself as images run through his mind. She stares hard back at him as if she understands the thoughts in his head and the heavy weight of her focused stare is almost palpable.

They are interrupted by the door opening and Bang PD comes out of the office surprising them both. They each stand to greet him. Bang PD takes Jungkook's hand and shakes it quickly.

"Jungkook, just in time for lunch," he says walking across the outer office. Jungkook turns toward him as he passes by.

"Is it?" He looks back at the assistant who shrugs.

"I'm on a new diet. I eat five times a day instead of three. Please join me for first lunch." He walks out of the office door and Jungkook rushes to keep up with him, turning quickly to wave goodbye to the assistant who stands watching them from the open doorway.

They step onto the elevator to ride down to the 3rd floor cafe. Bang PD looks over at him; studying him, narrowing his gaze, and he smiles, almost as though he's worked something out. Jungkook looks up at him unsure what his look means and he looks away, nervously.

"So you came to talk to me about Jee BinNa?" he asks, knowing the answer already. Jungkook looks back at him in shock wondering how he could have guessed that. He flushes pink with embarrassment and it makes Bang PD chuckle. He nods slowly in response. "You are wondering if you can really work together," he says matter of factly as he steps off the elevator at the cafe. Jungkook follows after him toward the stalls.

"Well, yes, I am not sure we want the same things," he begins to explain, thinking about how almost perfectly that describes their situation. He struggles chasing after Bang PD as he grabs a tray and moves through the stalls with focus and determination. Jungkook looks down, and grabs a wrapped sandwich from a neat pile nearby as Bang PD makes a careful selection. He follows him to the drinks, grabbing a banana milk and placing it into his arms, as he gets a piece of fruit. Bang PD chooses his drink and walks toward the check out line. They stand in silence for a few moments before Bang PD leans back to speak softly,

"Jee Binna has very good ideas for projects, and her work is very skilled. I considered her first to direct your music video," he tells him. He scans his card as he indicates both their meals to the cashier. Jungkook's face grimaces as he follows him to a table. He takes his seat across from him as he looks around the cafe, wondering if any of the other group members are here today.

"I know that she is talented, but maybe she's a little too opinionated?" he suggests, watching his reaction. Bang PD begins to eat his meal and he looks up at Jungkook, watching him. Jungkook waits for him to speak but when he doesn't, he unwraps his sandwich and begins to eat.

"Have you watched the 'To Do' episodes this season?" Jungkook shakes his head as he opens his milk. He told Binna he had seen them, but he hasn't really watched recently. Bang PD continues, "I thought perhaps if you worked together, you might learn something from her. She graduated top of her class at KAFA and her work has continued to get her noticed. She has a big future ahead of her. That's why she's at HYBE." Jungkook nods as his brow furrows.

"I know that she wouldn't be here if she wasn't at the top of her game but I think we have different ideas about what we want," he repeats his only angle. Bang PD wipes his mouth and leans in.

"Jungkook, you are talented and you work hard. You work very hard." He smiles at the compliment, feeling warmed. "But people always say 'yes' to you. You would do well to have someone say 'no' for a change."

Jungkook looks down at his plate, to avoid revealing the disappointment on his face. He blushes at the irony of Bang PD telling him he needs someone to say 'no' to him when that's exactly what she did. She may be the first person in years who said 'no' to him. But Bang PD doesn't understand exactly what she's said 'no' to and if he knew, they would probably both be in trouble.

Jungkook finishes his meal in near silence, occasionally nodding and smiling as Bang PD talks about the tour plans and the comeback. He's aware they have to be in the studio soon, and he's considered some of the music he thought would be on his mixtape might be better for the Comeback. Bang PD finishes his meal and stands up, gulping down the last of his drink. He stands above Jungkook, looking down.

"Are you heading back in to the studio now?" he asks. Jungkook considers and then shakes his head.

"No, I think I'll head to the gym." He already worked out today, but a fast run is just what he needs to clear his thoughts. "But we will get in the studio soon, together," he promises.

"And the video?" Jungkook nods slowly.

"Yes, we will continue working together to complete it." Bang PD nods to him, smiling a knowing smile. He leaves to head back upstairs and Jungkook looks down at the mound of plates left on the table for him to clean up, for a moment he remembers the dishes at his house, their dinner, and Binna. He purses his lips and sighs, resigned to his fate. He stands to begin to clean up after his boss. The young girl in uniform appears at his side immediately. She begins reaching for the plates.

"Here Oppa, let me get these," she says taking the plates from his hands. He recognizes her from the last time when he was sat with Jimin. He smiles at her and gives her a wink as a 'thank you'. She blushes and giggles as she collects all of the rubbish from the table. He walks away from her, leaving her to sort the table as he heads back up to the gym to work out his frustration on a treadmill.