Decisions

Jungkook walks through the hallway at HYBE, toward their private studio, still fuming from his interaction with Bang PD. He's now realized that Binna met with PD to basically get him into trouble, and to try to take the role of Director on the music video away from him. He knows now that she only agreed to work on it because PD made her. The frustration and anger inside him grows as he wonders how he can work with her on this video now that he really understands what's going on. He thought she liked him and was acting shy, coquettish, and maybe a little playful with him, when in reality, she was just angling for a better career opportunity. He's not used to being played. He's used to getting what he wants. Bang PD making him work with Binna now, must be a form of punishment for betraying his request to keep the director job to himself. He should never have said anything, he's not even sure why he did, but he obviously chose the exact wrong person to share that news with.

He steps up to the door to their studio. He punches in the code to enter and opens the door, knowing he will find Yoongi hard at work. Yoongi looks back surprised.

"Hyung, how are you? Am I disturbing?" he asks as he comes in and sits on the couch irregardless of the answer. Yoongi frowns a little, disappointed.

"No, I just thought you might be Moon." Jungkook nods as Yoongi turns back to the mix board.

"Did you talk to her about working on the comeback?" Jungkook asks. Yoongi frowns, thinking about why he hasn't.

"Not yet, she's in the studio with draGUN," he offers. Jungkook senses he's not communicating all in this moment and it confuses him. Something is definitely going on, and whatever it is, it's complicating things.

"Are you having second thoughts?" he wonders. Yoongi spins around to face him, to try to identify what he's thinking, and Jungkook looks directly at him, challenging him.

"No, I want her to work on the album. I just, I complicated things a little bit last night," he admits, biting his lip. Jungkook's eyes get wide as if he's suddenly worked out exactly what that means, that last comment, 'last night', he knows what that implies, he's been there a hundred times.

"Hyung," he says shaking his head. "Are you and Moon? I mean, are you-?" he has no idea how to finish this sentence with his Hyung, but it's suddenly occurs to him that he's likely to be the only single member of BTS left. He stares at Yoongi who looks down, nodding.

"I don't know what's going on exactly but I just can't stop thinking about her, and, I don't know if it's good or bad for me, for us. It feels good, it feels really good," he blushes. "But, I don't know what I want from her now. How does she work with us if she's my girlfriend?" Jungkook stares at him shaking his head. He's never heard Yoongi talk like this. Well, he thinks, he has, but that was a long time ago, and it was misguided and not meant to be. This is the first time he's heard him talk about a woman and call her his 'girlfriend'. It wasn't that long ago that all he wanted was a housekeeper.

"Hyung, I'm going to resist the urge to remind you that all you said you wanted was someone to keep food in your fridge and stay out of your way and ask you one important question, would Bang PD even let you work with someone if he knew she was your girlfriend?!"  Yoongis' face grimaces as he thinks about this.

"Probably not," he frowns. Jungkook leans in closer to him. He thinks there may be some other reason Yoongi is all of the sudden feeling connected to this person who is essentially a stranger to them all.

"Are you just caught up in the Taehyung glow?" he asks him honestly. Yoongi looks at him confused, his brow wrinkles. Jungkook explains, "Because Taehyung is in love, is this just making you want to be in a relationship?" Yoongi thinks about what he's asking and shakes his head dismissing it.

"No, not a factor. This thing with Moon is just, I can't explain it. It just feels like it's suppose to happen, she fits in my life somehow."

"But how will she fit if PD finds out?" Jungkook raises his eyebrow at him questioning. Yoongi looks down realizing he doesn't know the answer to this, or, maybe he does and he doesn't like the answer.

"What do you think I should do?" He might never have asked the maknae for advice about relationships, but Jungkook was one of the few people who knew what was going on all those years ago with his brother's girlfriend. He knew that Yoongi could love, and love deeply, but, he also knew that Yoongi had chosen to focus on work, and nothing else, for more than a decade. Jungkook stares at him, studying him for a moment and then he says softly,

"I think you should choose one or the other," he sits back after saying it, letting it sink in. He shouldn't be complicating things now, when they have a comeback to record, and a tour coming. He has to focus on the video, and figure out a way to work with Binna to get the new footage. It's got to be all business. It's time to focus on the work.

"So, she's either my girlfriend or our producer, but not both?" he asks. Jungkook nods and Yoongi frowns and looks away as if to dismiss the idea, but, he stops and thinks about it, and can't help but think he might be right. Jungkook stares back at him quietly, understanding this is perhaps the first time he's been faced with a decision he finds so difficult. He takes a long moment while he considers the options.

Yoongi nods at Jungkook slowly, biting his lip as he thinks over what to do next. Jungkook can tell that he's made the choice to focus on the work, because it is what's best for the group, for all of them, but he senses that Yoongi is feeling a deep loss at having to give up more with Moon. There is anguish on his face he hadn't recognized before and it makes him feel a little guilty for causing this pain. Perhaps if he hadn't been stinging from his run in with Bang PD, or with Binna, he might have given Yoongi more options. There might be more than one way to approach this, but, he is frustrated, and he wants this comeback to happen, now, quickly, before anything else in his life changes. Getting into the studio, focusing on the work, will heal them both. He can focus on the video, Yoongi can focus on the tracks, and they will be fine, just like they always used to be.