Back With The Family

Jungkook is pacing nervously around the living room of their dorm. The staff are busy setting up for the V live which he had hinted about again yesterday, and he's aware that the numbers will reflect on him, since it was his task to keep dropping hints to ARMY to be sure the numbers would exceed what they normally get. He's pretty confident there will be large turn out. He's read some of the chatter on social media about something big coming, but none of them know they are getting a new song, live, from the dorm.  He can't sit down, he's already had his make up done and that was already too much sitting down for him, he has to pace to keep from feeling nervous. He isn't nervous about being live or performing, or really even about the numbers. He's nervous about showing his cut of the MV to Bang PD and the other members of the group tonight. Hoseok and Namjoon have both seen it, and he knows they support him, but it's not just the MV he wants, it's the tour documentary. That is what is really making him feel anxious right now. He is used to being good at things, he's used to succeeding, but he also knows that Bang PD wouldn't hire him for this role if he wasn't 100% sure he was the right person for this job, so, the MV pitch has to be good, in order to convince him that he's ready for this opportunity. 

He steps out into the hallway of their dorm, hoping to avoid some of the confusion and chaos of the camera equipment being set up and the lighting being staged. So many people are there, it's a sea of faces, some he recognizes, others he doesn't, and they all have a job to do to support what the group are doing today. He tries to smile and nod at the staff, to show respect and gratitude for their work, but there are too many to greet every one. He sees Namjoon and Jimin in the hallway talking with Jin who has just showed up and he walks to join them. He smiles and hugs Jin as he greets him.

"It's so good to see you. I hope Jangmi is well," he says rubbing his shoulder. Jin beams back at him and nods.

"Yes, good to see you too Kookie, it's been too long." Jungkook knows that once the baby is born, he's likely to see even less of him, at least for a while. That's how it had been with Namjoon, with both children, he disappeared for a number of months each time, but they have a tour scheduled in a few months time, and they still have to record the comeback album. His face gives away the heaviness of his thoughts and Jin regards him curiously. "Don't worry, it will all work out," he says smiling.

"What will?" Jungkook asks, confused.

"Whatever it is you are worrying about," he responds, laughing. Jungkook smiles back at him just as the elevator opens and Hoseok and Yoongi step out into the hallway. Yoongi makes a bee-line for Jin, his old roommate in the dorm, who he hasn't seen in quite some time. As they talk Jungkook steps up to Namjoon.

"Hyung, I'm nervous about tonight," he admits. Namjoon smiles.

"Nervous about the performance?!" he asks, not believing it. Jungkook shakes his head.

"No, not that, about the meeting, with Bang PD nim. I hope he likes the MV." Namjoon nods as Hoseok smiles at them both.

"I know he will like it. It's exactly what the song needs, and it's practically finished already. He will love that!" he teases.

"Do you think he will feel the same way about me doing the tour documentary?" He grins nervously, and Namjoon narrows his eyes as he thinks.

"I don't know. I think whatever decision he makes, will be the best decision for us, and you should be ready to accept that," he says honestly. Jungkook doesn't want to hear it, but he knows it's true. If Bang PD does decide he shouldn't be the one to direct, he will have a very good reason, and he will have to honor that, whether or not he agrees with it.

They are alerted to the bell of the elevator and as the doors open, all eyes turn to see Taehyung, deeply involved in a kiss, completely unaware of all of them,  stood watching.