Finding Truth

Jungkook grabs his phone and dials a number furiously. Jimin watches him and turns back to the screen, looking at the paused image of the assistant at her desk after returning the mobile to Binna's bag. He reaches over and grabs Jungkook's arm as he lifts the phone to his ear.

"What are you going to say?! Are you going to tell him about you and Binna?" He whispers loudly. Jungkook moves the phone aside for a moment and shakes his head.

"I don't know what I will have to say to convince him, but he needs to see this footage." Jimin nods but tugs at his arm harder, grabbing the phone away. He ends the call as he shakes his head.

"Kook, you better decide how much you are willing to admit to him, before you show him this." Jungkook's expression grows serious, he frowns.

"I'm going to admit to everything. If I have to. I'll tell him what really happened. It's only right."

The noise of the door opening disturbs them and they turn to see the security officer returning. He looks around at the space carefully before he enters, trying not to disturb them. Jungkook rushes up to him.

"Thank you for helping us, mr-I'm sorry I didn't get your name," he says in a hurry, reaching out his hand. The man looks at him surprised as Jungkook shakes his hand.

"Ha Choon," he says bowing, dropping his gruff security persona at the friendliness of Jungkook's smile. Jungkook nods.

"Ha Choon ssi, I found some evidence perhaps your office missed. I would like you to help me share this with PD." Surprise comes over his face and he begins to shake his head.

"I don't report directly to PD nim, it must go through my boss, and he would not like to hear from me at this hour." He becomes subordinate. Jungkook shakes his head.

"No, no, I will protect you. You don't have to worry. I want you to see this footage. Then you will know. It's proof." He leads the man by the arm toward the monitors. Jimin moves a chair closer to him to sit down in front of the screens. He smiles and bows awkwardly, trying to help the man to understand. Jungkook doesn't give the man a chance to change his mind and almost pushes him down into the chair. He turns and grabs the controller to rewind the footage.

"I- I don't know what you found but surely it can wait until the morning," he stammers. Jungkook frowns and turns to him, his expression more serious.

"This footage will prove her innocence. It will also prove someone else's guilt, and that person works closely with PD nim. You must warn him. Your boss will understand the need to remove someone who is dangerous to the company, dangerous to PD nim." The man swallows hard, realizing that he has no choice but to go forward.

The footage begins to play and Jungkook watches it again, feeling almost sick as he follows the path of the assistant as she framed Binna, and sat back down, happy with herself. He scowls as he watches it. He points to the monitor.

"That is Binna's phone in her hands, the phone that had footage on it from our music video. She had the footage, but she was not the person who leaked it." Ha Choon gasps as he realizes that the footage is exactly what Jungkook said it was. He grabs the controller from his hand and presses some of the buttons quickly. Jungkook watches him as the image freezes on the screen and he zooms in digitally, getting closer to the phone screen. The image is blurry, and pixelated as he gets closer and Jungkook frowns at it, unable to make out any details.

"This isn't very clear, but it is clear that it's a text message being sent," he says as he looks at the screen, tilting his head a little in the same direction of the phone in her hand.

"We can prove it by the time stamp too right? The timecode on this footage will show the time the text was sent, and the reporter at Dispatch already brought the footage to PD. You must have a way to link them," Jimin says, hoping this can be the end of it. Ha Choon smiles.