Jin's News

Jungkook sits in his edit room, looking at some of the old footage of them, from the location, from the real dorm. He was so pleased with how the shoot went, and with everything Binna managed to get, to find, to recreate this experience for him, for all of them. It was like being a teenager again and being right back there. He smiles as he looks at the image of himself with a chubby baby face, dark eyeliner and long bangs. That little dreamer never really knew what was in store, what his life would be like. He had hopes and goals, but he couldn't know all that would happen. He's had so many blessings in his life, so many wonderful experiences and he's met incredible people who made his life better. This new path he's on, the one leading him to direct the music video, feels like the right path, just like meeting Namjoon and signing with a struggling company with no name recognition felt right to him. He trusts himself when it comes to work.

With girls, it's entirely different. He tends to act on impulse most of the time. He has the impulse to win them over, and then, very quickly, he has to impulse to get away as fast as he can. They are a distraction, and his work always takes priority. What happened with Binna, maybe wasn't wise considering they still have to work together, but he really felt the connection last night, and he needed her; an impulse. Something about her, despite her protests, makes him think she needed him too. She isn't like anyone else he's met. She's just as focused on her career as he is, and she's not about to give that up, even for him, so he doesn't have to figure out how to get away. But if he didn't get away, if they were together, he thinks she is the type of woman who would push him harder, to be better, to do better, instead of just bend to his every whim and wish. He's not used to that. There is something really interesting about that.

He stops the footage from playing as the camera scans past his old dorm bed, the real one. He smiles to himself. She definitely knows how to get what she wants and she demands it. He remembers looking up at her, naked, straddling him and he bites his lip thinking of how much he wanted to make her scream his name, to force her to give in to him in a way she hadn't before. He shakes off the images in his mind before he can feel too carried away by them and he looks back at the old footage just as the phone next to him rings. He reaches for the phone, hoping it might be Taehyung reaching out finally, or Binna, maybe she's had a change of heart. He sees their manager's name on the screen and he answers, confused.

"Sejin, What's going on?"

"Jangmi is in hospital, she's going to have the baby. Can you get here? Everyone is coming," he asks quickly. Jungkook is already standing before he finishes his sentence.

"Yes, I'm on my way!" he tells him as he rushes out of the edit room.

***

When Jungkook gets to the hospital, Sejin's assistant is waiting to usher him upstairs to the room where the others have gathered. Everyone is already there apart from Yoongi and Taehyung. Jungkook rushes into the room and looks around at the others.

"Am I late? Did I miss anything?" he asks quickly. Namjoon shakes his head.

"No, not yet. Yoongi left to give Moon a ride home but he'll be back."

"Where's Tae?"

"I haven't called him yet. I will when it gets closer to the time. We could be here for hours yet."

"Can I see Jin?" Just as he asks the question, the door opens and Jin steps through it, greeting the others he hadn't yet seen. Jungkook rushes to give him a big hug. He holds him tightly and he pulls back to look at him. Jin's face seems to be drained of all it's natural glow and he has worry in his eyes. Jungkook holds his shoulders, looking into his eyes.

"Are you ok hyung?" Jin nods.

"I'm ok. Jangmi is doing well. She's scared. I'm scared. We're both scared, but it's happening," he answers almost as if in a trance. Jungkook listens to him and wonders about the last time he was scared of anything. He isn't scared of performing, of meeting fans, or company executives. He is never scared about trying new things, going to new places. Maybe he's only ever been scared of the idea of not being in BTS, of them not being together. He doesn't really know what Jin is going through right now. In their group, only Namjoon is a father, only Joon knows what this fear would be like. He sees Namjoon hug Jin and whisper something into his ear that makes him smile. "I could sure use a big glass of wine right now, but Jangmi made me promise not to drink, not to eat food with garlic, and not to post anything online," he teases, laughing. He sits down next to Hoseok. "Where is Yoongi, he was here, he's not back yet?" he asks.