The Plot Thickens

Binna sits beside Jungkook in the passenger's seat of his German luxury SUV. The rain is particularly heavy, and although it's awkward to be sat next to him, she's glad she isn't trying to find a cab in this downpour. He looks over at her, wondering if she will turn to him. Almost as though she can feel his eyes on her, she turns to see what he's looking at, and he smiles shyly.

"I really appreciate all the hard work you did to make that location exactly the way I remembered it." He smiles, still watching her. She looks ahead, hoping he will turn away and watch the road instead.

"I told you, it's what I do," she downplays her talent and her dedication. He shakes his head.

"You will make millions of ARMY around the world very happy with this concept, and Bang PD is going to flip when he walks into that space." He finally turns back to the road for the first time in ages it seems. She smiles at the idea.

"Well, I hope so, it's good to impress the boss," she teases.

"Technically Binna..." He seems to encourage her to look over, waiting for him to finish the thought. "I'm your boss." He smiles. "And you definitely impressed me." She turns away from him quickly, trying to hide the flush of pink on her cheeks as she suspects he is not speaking only of her role as producer. He chuckles a little and turns into the HYBE underground garage, the gate opening automatically for the transmitter in his car.

They get out and walk beside each other toward the elevator.

"Are you going with me?" she asks, surprised.

"It's my footage too right? We can drop the copy to the edit desk and I'll go with you to see PD nim. I really want to tell him how good the first day went," he says as they step onto the elevator. "All because of you." He lifts his hand and traces a lock of hair from her cheek, placing it behind her ear as he smiles at her. "You really are incredible," he says again and it makes her swallow hard to be this close to him, and to remember what happened after he said that to her last night. She tries to find her composure and she steps back a little. Jungkook is just giddy from the great first day, he's feeling the exuberance of everything going well, she should try to remember that and not take this to mean he is interested in her, or that she is interested in him.

"Jungkook, please remember not to tell him about the location, it's still a secret for everyone, even him." He nods understanding how much better this will be as a surprise. He smiles at her, letting his hand drop from her hair.

"It's our secret," he says  softly, almost seductively and she stares up into his eyes, getting lost for a moment in his gaze. She bites her lip and tries to stifle the feelings rising up inside her as she hears the elevator doors open on the edit floor.

***

After dropping the hard drive off with the edit suite staff, they sit waiting outside Bang PDs office. It's late, but Bang PD is usually working late. His pretty assistant is forced to work 12 hour days most days of the week as well because he's never not working. Now, she stares over at Jungkook watching as he sits too close to Binna, and leans in to show her something on his phone. She watches Binna clutch her canvas bag, holding the media tightly in her hands, waiting to hand it off  to the boss for safe keeping. Binna looks over at his phone, at the still images of Jin that he took earlier, and she pulls out her phone to share her own image, careful to scan past the video she copied of Jungkook walking through the space.

The assistant continues to type out a document on her computer, but she watches them closely, noting that Jungkook's knee is touching Binna's and it makes her narrow her gaze and scowl a little at their sudden familiarity. He laughs as he shows her one more image and they share a moment together, giggling at the images from the day's shoot as though she is not even in the room with them. The assistant  stops typing and stares hard at them, wondering why Jungkook hasn't paid the least bit of attention to her since he walked through the door. He didn't even greet her, he let Binna do it and he sat right down on the couch to wait. It made her want to stall messaging Bang PD nim just a little longer, to see if he would eventually acknowledge her as he always had done in the past. Something is different about him tonight...He is with her. She glares at them from behind her desk as they sit unaware.