A Discovery

After Jungkook dropped Binna at her apartment, she felt relieved to have the day over. It was a good day, a great day even, but it was tense, and awkward and it was hard work, and sometimes she was nervous and unsure of herself and she hates feeling that way. Usually on set she is almost robotic in her efficiency and firm in her resolve. But this wasn't her set, she wasn't directing it, and so she had more than the group and fans and Bang PD to please, she also had to please Jungkook. She blushes under the idea of it, after what happened between them. 

Binna stands under the stream of water in her shower, letting the grime from the day of working under hot lights, and the sweat from the previous night wash away. Her muscles were tense until the steam engulfed her and let her aches loosen. She rinses her hair through, as she rehashes the day, and the previous night, in her mind.  Since everything went well, she knows that when they go back to set tomorrow morning  she  will feel much more comfortable in her role just as the producer. Bang PD has the original footage, and Jungkook is happy.

The water pours over her face, and she keeps her eyes sealed tightly.  When they met with PD nim, Jungkook did not manage to reveal the surprise location even though he seemed so eager to hear more details and asked so many questions. He seemed to smile at them both with a sense of pride that she couldn't quite identify, but there were definitely times when she caught him looking back and forth between them, grinning at them, and it made her blush to wonder what he was thinking and hope that he didn't notice anything between them.  They managed to work well together and she hoped it wouldn't be obvious that just a few hours earlier they had been wrapped in each other's arms, no barriers between them. She was as vulnerable as she has ever been, and it was nice. She smiles to herself as she remembers how he felt as her fingers slid over the smooth skin stretched tight over his stomach. He looked like a statue of the perfect man, unlike anyone she had ever been with, he almost didn't seem real, but he was; he was real to her. 

She steps out of her shower and walks to the bedroom, towel drying her hair as she thinks. She puts an oversized t-shirt on and lays down in her bed, hoping for at least six hours of rest before she has to be on set again. The image of him, of his body as he hovered above her, leaves her tingling with sensation. Picturing his long bangs dropping in front of his eyes as watched her react when he moved against her, makes her bite her lip to stem the excitement rising up. She knows she shouldn't have let herself get carried away with him, and she's fully aware that he probably does this with nearly every girl he meets, and he won't consider anything more. Her brain has already identified all of the reasons he wouldn't really be interested in her, but it felt right at the time. Maybe it's just something she needed, to soothe the ache she's been masking for so long. She is sure that it won't happen again, because he won't be interested, and because she can't risk her position, but it was nice, really nice, she thinks, again.

She rolls over in her bed and reaches for her phone.  The screen illuminates her dark room and she scans her gallery to find the video, which will stay hidden, just for her to enjoy in lonely, weak moments when she wants to see his face again, like now. She smiles and presses play, watching him enter the space and the look of actual astonishment; awestruck at what she managed to put together for their shoot. She smiles and settles in to watch him, cuddling the pillow close as she rolls to her side. She is sure some of this footage will be used because his reactions were much more honest and heartfelt.

When he gets to the bedroom, and she swings the camera around to see his expression, she remembers exactly what it felt like to see him tear up. She remembers how desperately she wanted to hold him, but the camera gave her the excuse to deny that part of her. It was great footage, but something inside her hopes it won't be used for the music video because it felt private at the time; something only they shared. She closes her eyes as she listens to his voice softly speaking, and she hears him ask her to put the camera down. She smiles, keeping her eyes closed, her thoughts swirling with memories. She expects to hear silence as the video stops, but she hears something, his voice maybe, and she furrows her brow as she listens, unsure what it is.