Preview

She stares back at him, shocked, but suddenly feeling a little warmer at the sight of his smile. She hasn't seen him for almost a week. She is surprised she never ran into him at the office, in the cafe or the gym. It was almost as though he was avoiding her. Seeing him now suddenly reminds her of why they are in this space.

"Jungkook ssi! You shouldn't be here yet." She rushes up to him, putting her hands on his waist as she attempts to push him backwards toward the door. He takes a few steps back as she tries to move in front of him to block his view. He smiles at her, almost laughing at her attempt to physically move him away, to keep him from seeing what is in the apartment. She can smell the beer on his breath as he laughs.

"It's OK Binna, I want to see what you have done, I couldn't wait and I was out at a restaurant nearby." He stands in the doorway and she pulls the door at an angle so he can't see beyond it. She shakes her head. He notices that her hair is no longer in the double bun as it lays over her shoulders.

"That isn't what we agreed. We decided that every member would have this space revealed to them on camera, so we could have honest reactions, 'authentic emotions' you said," she reminds him. He looks down at her for a long moment.

"I honestly just wanted a preview, without the cameras. I didn't know that you would still be here. I wanted to see it for myself, first." She pushes at him a little more forcefully. She can't physically move him, but, he allows her to keep trying. He takes her hands in his and looks down at her. "I'm going to come in and see it Binna, you can't stop me," he says, with complete conviction. She pulls her hands away and looks up at him, realizing it's true. She knows that all of their reactions will be more meaningful if they are real, and she doesn't want to miss any of them seeing this space.

"Then just wait! You can come in, but, let me record some of it, please. Let me get some shots of you looking through the spaces, just a few. Please Jungkook." She looks up at him with a pleading expression. He looks down at her, considering. Her pout is so adorable he has to stifle a laugh. He nods.

"OK, but hurry, I really want to see it," he says. She holds up one finger to ask him to wait, and she rushes back into the living room to switch on the lighting, making sure it's falling in the right places. She grabs hold of her camera and she powers it up, adjusting the settings.

"Are you ready?" he calls from behind the door, laughing a little at her panic. She lifts the camera up to focus on the door, adjusting a few more settings and she stares at the screen in her hands.

"Yes, I'm ready, there will be audio, not great audio, but just remember that!" she calls to him, standing firm in her spot, waiting for him to appear from behind the door.

His head pops around the door, his eyes slowly taking in the space behind her, before he allows his body to move forward. He steps into the room with his mouth open, with his eyes growing wider as he looks around. She steps backward slowly to allow him to enter the space, coming closer to her. He looks up at the clothing racks in front of the slider. He turns back to the camera, to her, amazed.

"Did you find our actual clothing?" he asks, holding up a leg of a pair of track suit bottoms. She focuses on the camera and keeping the image still and doesn't respond. He steps over to the computer, laughing at the sight of it, and wondering if it's from a museum. The shelves are lined with objects, and he stops in front of them to lift several up and inspect them, amazed. She steps closer to him, bringing the shot closer. He smiles taking it all in, and he holds up a plush chicken to the camera, wiggling it around and laughing privately, shaking his head, before he places it back on the shelf. He looks at Binna, focused on the screen and watching his movements. He steps closer and she takes a step back to maintain the same distance and to keep the same shot size. He moves toward the hallway, and looks into the bathroom. "I can't believe no one refinished this bathroom!" He laughs at the sight of it as he steps out and moves towards the bedroom they shared.

He gasps as he stops in the doorway and Binna tries to move to the side of him to capture some of his reaction from the front. He stays motionless in the doorway as his eyes take in the room, the unmade beds, sheets tossed around, the bunks lined up taking every bit of floor space apart from his single bed. He looks down at it, and recognizes it all. He fights back the flood of memories of laying in bed listening to his hyungs sleeping, of missing his family, of being scared for his future, of trying to work harder than anyone else, to be better every day, to have a future, and hoping he could be worthy of this future. His face grimaces as he fights the tears welling up in his eyes. He struggles. He hasn't cried in years. He hasn't let himself feel so overwhelmed. He glances over and sees that she is still holding the camera and it embarrasses him. He wipes a tear away as he looks at her.

"Please turn the camera off now," he says, his voice is weak and sorrowful. She is surprised by his emotional reaction and she fights her natural instinct to keep shooting to get the best footage. She lowers the camera and looks up at him in wonder. He turns back to the room. "This was my bed." He raises his hand to point. She looks into the room, understanding which bed he means. He steps into the space and sits down on the edge of the mattress, he bounces on it a little, feeling the fabric of the cover under his hands. Binna puts the camera down on the table in the hall and steps into the doorway to watch him. "Jin had this bed first, but the others, they felt sorry for me because I was so young, and they decided I should have this bed." He looks down, fighting another tear. She struggles with the urge to comfort him, and she stands in the doorway, watching, unsure what she should do now.

He looks up at her, amazed by everything he's seen. He smiles as he shakes his head, almost unable to believe all the details she got right. He hadn't expected to feel quite so overwhelmed at the sight of his old dorm. The memories flooding back are too hard to hide and the tears stream over his cheeks. She can't let him sit and cry alone. She cautiously moves towards him, and sits next to him on the bed. She tries to smile over at him, reassuring, hoping she has pleased him and that his tears are for the joy of the memories she helped bring back.

"It's so real. It feels like it's all real. I can't believe you did all of this, you arranged all of this," he says turning to her. She looks at the tear as it runs a path over his cheek and she lifts her hand to it, brushing it away with her thumb gently.

"It's what I do," she offers, quietly. He lets her wipe the tear away and he looks at her, watching her eyes as they follow a second tear. She raises her hand to catch it and he reaches his hand up to take hold of hers. Her eyes flash for a moment as she looks at him, questioning, and his gaze softens as their eyes meet.

"You're incredible," he whispers as his face draws closer to hers. He releases her hand and slides his fingers into her hair as he leans down and kisses her, softly, tenderly, the heat from their lips warming them both.