Run To You

Binna walks the last mile towards her home, cooling down. She stops off at the convenience store she always visits after runs to pick up a bottle of water. She smiles a little longer at the shop keeper, making him look at her oddly, wondering what else she wants. She thought she should have maybe introduced herself at some point after stopping by several times every week. She still didn't really know anyone she lived near. Like Mr. Kim; she'd seen him many times, and knew his name but tonight was the first time she ever said more than a sentence or two to him. She was always too busy working, and maybe she expected that she had more time to get to know the people around her. It won't matter now.

She could have kept running. She could have run all night. She had almost infinite energy to run when she was feeling the most stressed, but tonight, she wanted to stop running, and slow down to enjoy the last moments in the streets she had called home for the last few years. She may never be back in Seoul, she might never even return to Korea. It's difficult to think of not returning, of being forever a foreigner, and a stranger in another land. It's daunting. She had done it before, but the last time, she expected to come back, and this time she has nothing to come back to. She slowly climbs the stairs toward her apartment, each step up making her feel heavier with the realization that it's for the last time. The sweat on her body has dried in the cool night air, and she feels a chill move across her skin in the breeze as the heavy stairwell door shuts behind her. A loud thud punctuating the moment. She sighs heavily, feeling embarrassed to be so nostalgic, now, when it's too late.

She steps up to her apartment door and is met with a note, taped to the center. She looks around at the other doors to see nothing on any of them. She pulls it down, and examines it. The handwriting is unfamiliar to her. She opens it to read,

'I have taken a risk tonight, and left something for you in your apartment. I hope you will take a risk too, Mr. Kim.' 

She turns the paper over to see nothing on the reverse so she rereads it again, curiously. She unlocks the door and steps into her apartment, looking around for the object he might have left her. The apartment is still such a mess that she frowns at the idea of spending the rest of her time here cleaning it up before her flight tomorrow. She sets the note down on top of the boxes, adding it to the clutter to sort in the morning. Unsure where to look for Mr. Kim's object, she walks to her bedroom to get changed out of her workout clothing.

As she walks through the doorway, she gasps at the sight of a large figure, rolled tightly into her fluffy duvet. A panic runs through her at the strange sight, until she recognizes a hand, marked with tattoos and familiar English letters, and a shock of dark hair peaking out from the top of the duvet. Her fear turns to confusion. She blinks hard, unsure of what she's seeing. She slowly walks up to the bed and looks down on him. From this angle she can see his face, sleeping so serenely. It's Jungkook.

There is no explanation she can come up with, but it is Jungkook in all his glory, stretched out on her bed, almost taking over all of it with his long body. He looks happy, relieved maybe, and she wonders at the sight of him. He rolls his body over, startling her and making her dart back away from him, unsure what to do. She stands awkwardly against the wall in her own room staring at his face as he sleeps. It's like a dream; seeing him lying in her bed, a soft smile on his face, his dark lashes resting against pale skin. He's exquisite, like a sleeping prince. She laughs a little at the idea of it and covers her mouth to stifle her giggle, trying not to disturb him. It's incredible that he could be here, as if she had wished for him, and here he is. She wanted more than anything to see him again, but how can he really be here now?

He stirs again and a piece of paper drops from his hand onto the duvet, drawing her attention. She eyes the paper, wondering at it. Wondering if it's another note from Mr. Kim. Carefully, she reaches out to pick it up, unfolding it. She is struck with recognition; her own address, on Bang PD's personalized stationary. Her mind floods with possibilities of what this means. Bang PD nim wrote this. He wrote her address, and gave it to Jungkook. Is it acceptance? What has changed? What has Jungkook done?! Tears begin to fill her eyes as she stares down at him, so beautiful, half wrapped in her duvet and sleeping so blissfully unaware.

She bends down close to his face, to see that his lips are parted and she wishes she could kiss them, just once more. Tears start to fill her eyes as she realizes Jungkook must have told PD nim what happened. The idea that he had to confess what they did makes her blush with embarrassment, but she feels so grateful at the same time. She also feels an overwhelming connection to him that she's tried not to feel for weeks. Why would he risk himself for her? She remembers the words in the note on her door; the 'risk' she should take, and she gasps. 

Jungkook's eyes open in a flash and look up at her, making her freeze in place, before a smile creeps across his face and his eyes close again. She holds perfectly still, wondering if he is awake, wondering if he saw her. She is aching to touch him but unsure what her next move is. His smile grows as he stretches his body, eyes still sealed shut in a half slumber. She stands frozen waiting for him to speak, waiting to understand why he is here, in her bed, asleep. His eyes remain closed, giving her no clues.

Silently, he reaches his arm up to her, raising the blanket up to fall off of him. That quiet move, the invitation to be near him, floods her with emotion. Unable to stop herself, she dives towards him, her body connecting with his. His arm wraps around her and pulls her into his embrace. She buries her face against his chest and is overcome with the soft scent of his skin and the warmth of his body.

"Binna, you didn't leave, it's not too late," he whispers softly. Her body surges with the overwhelming feel of his hands wrapped around her and his breath blowing wispy strands of her hair as he speaks, tickling her. His soft words, spoken half-conscious, feel comforting and private, just for her. The tears fall down her cheeks as he stirs more, coming fully into consciousness. She tries to stifle her sobs. He lifts his head to look down at her with sleepy eyes before he smiles, suddenly awake. "You're here," he says a little louder. She sobs harder as he repositions his body to pull her closer. He reaches up to run his finger over her cheek and feels the wet of her tears. "Hey," he leans his head closer, concerned. He lifts her chin, forcing her to raise her head and look up into his eyes but his look is innocent and worried, and she can't hold his stare. She closes her eyes to hide from him, unable to stem the tide of tears. "Binna, what is it?" he asks quietly. She musters up her courage and she opens her eyes. She looks at him with such a heart broken expression that he pouts as he looks into her eyes. His thoughts fill with fear of what she will say, but desperate to know anyway. "Please Binna, what is it? What's wrong?"

"What are you doing here Jungkook?" she asks between her sobs. He smiles as he strokes her cheek.

"I'm here for you," he says softly, almost proudly, knowing all that he's done to be here. He slides his hand to cup her cheek and pulls her lips to his. He kisses her, at first careful, delicately. She kisses him back even though her tears won't stop. They sting her eyes and drop to his hand as he holds her close to him.

"Why are you crying Binna?" He leaves butterfly kisses along her cheek as she sniffles.

"You came for me," she says, her voice fragile and weak. He kisses the tears from her cheek as his hands slide into her hair. His kiss grows stronger and he grips her tightly to keep her close. She begins to sink into his kiss, feeling her body roll onto her back as he rises above her, pushing her body over. His mouth pressed against hers, keeping her locked in his kiss. The duvet falls to the side as he lays his body between her legs.

The last hot tears roll down the side of her cheeks, beginning to dry with her building desire. His hand slides down her body, over her breasts in the tight fabric of her top, and rests on her hip, his fingers toying with the waistband, slipping under it as she drops her knees open to either side of him. She strains her neck to reach his lips as her hand slides down the front of him, beginning to unbutton his shirt. Her kiss grows more desperate as her movements grow more frantic. He pulls back from the kiss, lifting his head away from her as she follows him trying to reconnect.

"I've spent so much time wanting to be with you Binna," he whispers as he returns her kiss. "Let me stay." Her leg wraps around him to pull him closer to her, to feel him press against her. His fingers pull her joggers from her hip, sliding over her skin, sending a shiver through her body.

All of the questions that flooded her mind when she first saw him, have disappeared, all forgotten. All that matters is his lips pressed against hers, as his hand slips under the fabric of her joggers. His breath tickles her skin as he lies above her, and she can no longer deny her feelings. She wants to be overwhelmed. She wants to give in. She is ready to surrender.