The Future

Jungkook slowly opens his eyes, noticing the light coming through the small window for the first time. He moves his head to look around to remember where he is, and is confused for a moment, wondering at the lilac colored walls and the soft scent of flowers. He smiles, instantly connecting the room with Binna. His smile grows as he stretches his hand over across the duvet to touch her, but it falls flat against the mattress. He groans, remembering the last time he woke up to find her gone. He sits up on his elbows and looks around. It's her apartment, she can't leave without facing him. He smirks and shakes his head, smiling at the idea that she's not going to be able to run away this time. He turns his head to the side, and his eyes drift over to the suitcases in the corner. His eyes pop open wider as he realizes that she can in fact leave. She was supposed to leave, and she might still actually do it. He sits up quickly, the duvet falling off his bare chest.

"Binna?!" he calls out loudly. He listens and when he doesn't hear a response, he throws the covers off his body and jumps up, grabbing his pants. He struggles and nearly trips as he hops toward the door pulling both legs into the pants. He steps into the living room and looks around for her. Amid the boxes, he sees her keys on the table and he sighs a little relieved. He hears something behind him and Binna steps out of the bathroom in a short thin robe, with a towel around her hair.

He smiles so broadly at the sight of her as the relief washes over him. He grabs hold of her and pulls her close, holding her tightly. She's surprised, and she holds her robe closed as he kisses her cheek and her neck. The words come out very quickly as he holds her to him.

"I thought you left! I don't know how you could leave, but I thought for a moment that you had." He spins her body slowly, rocking her back and forth in his embrace. He kisses her cheek again, bringing his lips closer to hers and the towel in her hair drops, revealing her wet hair underneath. He runs his hand through it, noticing the wet. "Why didn't you ask me to join you in the shower Bae?" he asks in a low and sultry tone. He pulls back and looks at her face, and his expression drops.

She looks down, avoiding his eyes and her lashes are wet from tears. His heart sinks, recognizing that she's been crying. He runs his thumb over her cheek, feeling the wet trail of her tear as it falls and he crouches down to face her. He lifts her chin to look up into his eyes and she struggles to avoid him.

"Binna, no," his voice cracks. "You aren't leaving," he says the words but he already knows why she's crying.

"I'm sorry Jungkook," she whispers in a tiny voice, as though she can't bring herself to say it outloud and make it true. She sniffles and raises her eyes to him. Her brows furrow as she pouts.

"Binna, it's not true!" He pulls her against his body, holding her so close he lifts her off the ground. He squeezes his eyes shut tightly to fight back his tears. "You don't need to go." She stays quiet, unsure how to speak to him, unsure how to tell him what she's feeling.

It all seems cruel, to have needed him so desperately last night and to deny it in the morning, as she had done before, too often. She's ashamed for how often she has let herself give in to her need for him, only to run away the next morning, afraid of her true feelings. She feels embarrassment for her weakness, and for using him. She won't let herself admit how much she wanted him and how very hard this is for her. If she was being honest, with herself, she would admit that she could give up everything to stay with him. But the thought of that makes her cry harder at the loss of this persona she's created for herself, the strong independent woman who needs no one and who makes her own way in the world. When she wins, it's because she works harder, and pushes herself more, and she wants it more than anyone else. That was the 'Binna' she understood, and no one else needed to be in her life to cloud her feelings and get her off track.