Gone

Jungkook opted to ride back to HYBE headquarters after PD left the set to head home. He didn't need to do any work, but he felt the need to go back, and see what could be done to get Binna back with the company, and, to find someone with information about her. It's far too late to find anyone at their desk in Human Resources, and he isn't sure who knows her other than the crew but he thinks he might be able to find someone to help, and there is nothing he can do from his home. He'd rather keep the adrenaline from the last day shoot moving him forward, even though the Soju shared with PD has slowed him and made him feel the exhaustion of the long day. He left the large bottle in the refrigerator on set, thinking he might get it later, before they clear out the props. He walks through the inner lobby of the building and is surprised to see the elevator doors open and Jimin step out.

"Hyung?" he calls out to him as Jimin looks up surprised.

"Jungkook, what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be home sleeping by now?" He smiles warmly and reaches out to pat his shoulder.

"You should be too, you left the set hours ago, have you been here the whole time?" He nods.

"Putting finishing touches on the song for the Comeback with Moon. I need to celebrate, join me in the cafe for a drink?" Jungkook looks at him surprised but he nods, momentarily forgetting his reason for being there in the first place. They walk back toward the elevators. "You're sure? You weren't going to go work with Moon were you?" Jungkook shakes his head.

"No, I was just thinking I might find someone here who knows how to reach Binna, - Noona- the producer." He runs through the list of names and titles that describe her. They step onto the elevator and Jimin smiles over at him as he presses the button to head to the cafe level. Jungkook quickly presses the top button on the panel. "Can I stop off first? I need to see if PD's assistant is still in the office." He presses a different button multiple times as the doors open and close again on the floor with the cafe. Jimin wonders what's going on.

"No one would be there now surely?" he questions. Jungkook presses the door close button a few times more, making Jimin take note of his impatience.

"The assistant works really long hours so there is a chance she is still there." Jimin grins at him as though he understands. He cocks his eyebrow.

"Oh I see. Am I going to get sent home alone if she is there Kookie?" he teases, winking at him and Jungkook frowns. He turns to him quickly shaking his head.

"No no, I just need some information from her, nothing else!" he seems too eager to get that point across and Jimin is unsure if it's true as he studies him.

The doors open on the top floor and Jungkook leads the way down the hall to PD's corner office.  Jimin looks around the quiet space. The floor seems empty with almost no one around at this late hour. Jungkook steps up to the outer office and sees light under the door. He turns the knob and it opens to allow them to enter the space, surprising So Yeon as she sits at her desk working.

"Oppa? It's so late!" she exclaims, brightened by the sight of him. She looks past Jungkook to see Jimin and she seems to frown a little realizing this must be only a business visit. Jimin smiles at her awkwardly, still wondering what is going on.

"I realize PD isn't here, but I wanted to get some information from you," he tells her. She smiles a little more coquettishly.

"Oh really?" Her voice raises with interest. "I will tell you anything you want to know," she says with a smirk. Jimin chuckles at the obvious flirt. Jungkook shoots him a stern look, as he corrects himself, clearing his throat, but he watches her reacting to Jungkook, noticing her eyes linger on him just a little longer than they should.

"I need to get in touch with Jee Binna, the producer," he explains. Her expression drops and her face turns cold. Jimin notices her eyes flash with a dark anger and it surprises him. He hasn't been told what happened with Binna yet, and he's surprised at the reaction of the assistant. She is obviously displeased by the mention.

"I can't give you that information Oppa," she says, her lips pursed. He shakes his head.

"I had her number but I can't find it," he lies. "I need to speak to her about the shoot. Can you look in your files for another way to reach her?" he continues to try for more information.

"Oppa, I am sorry but there is no information to give. She doesn't work here anymore, we have no more contact with her," she says as if reminding him. Jimin looks at Jungkook surprised by this statement. Jungkook shakes his head again.

"I just need her address, the last address on file, I need to, to return something to her," he tries one more time, oblivious to the assistants growing anger. She takes a deep breath before she speaks, leaning in closer.

"Oppa, you know I would give you anything you want," she clarifies, "but I have no more information on her. She is gone." Jungkook frowns but is unwilling to accept the answer.

"Do you know who would?" he asks, almost pleading, unaware of her displeasure. She shakes her head.

"There will be a file in Human Resources, but you won't be able to access it. It will be sealed to prevent her from being considered for rehire," she explains and she leans back from the desk, looking at Jimin, studying him and wondering how much he knows based on the surprised look on his face. "Is there anything else I can do for you, before I leave, Oppa?" she raises an eyebrow at him as if to warn him she's giving him one last open invitation. He continues to frown and he stares at the floor.

"No, not today. Thank you," he says, still oblivious to the real invitation. He motions for Jimin to move toward the door, and he turns and looks back at her once more, maybe hoping she will change her mind. She drops the scowl she let creep across her face when she sees him look back and she smiles sweetly at him.

"Good night Oppa, sweet dreams," she purrs before he turns away and she shakes her head slightly. Jungkook shuts the door to the office and stands for a moment, still holding the handle, almost wishing he could come up with something to convince her to share the information he knows she must have. Jimin turns and notices he looks upset. He leans closer to him to whisper.

"Kookie, what is going on? What happened to the producer?" Jungkook looks up at him, his brows furrowed and his lips pouting sorrowfully.

"It's going to be a long story hyung. Can we go somewhere else?" he asks looking around as if people could be watching. Jimin nods, taking his arm and leading him back toward the elevators.

"Of course, but, we shouldn't go back to mine. I mean, Dasom is rehearsing for a show." The doors open and Jungkook nods slowly, still looking somewhat defeated as they step onto the elevator. Jimin sees a tear just drop from Jungkook's eyelid. He gasps as he realizes how upset he is now that they are in the privacy of the elevator. He grabs his shoulder and pulls him in to his embrace. "Oh Kookie, I'm sorry you're upset. Do you need to talk now? Right now?" Jungkook shakes his head.

"No, I definitely need a drink to tell you all of this. I know a place." He presses the button to the garage level and takes a deep breath before awkwardly smiling over at Jimin, unsure how to or where to begin.