Revelations

"There you are on the elevator." Jimin points to the other monitor. Jungkook pushes the red button on the controller to switch views and sees the image of he and Binna appear on the larger monitor. He studies himself, noticing how he's looking at her as they speak. His hand sliding a whisp of her dark hair behind her ear and lingering there a little too long. He wishes there was sound on this footage, but he thinks he remembers what he said to her, because he still thinks it's true; she's incredible. "Kookie you look like you're about to kiss her," Jimin interrupts. Jungkook looks at him, smiling awkwardly.

"I wanted to," he admits, although Jimin is already smiling as though he knows. He looks back to the monitor and sees the elevator doors open on the edit suite floor. He's able to pick up the thread of the path down to the office suites, and into the lobby space where they met with the receptionist. He would have given the footage directly to the editor but it was already late by the time they got to HYBE and they had all gone home for the evening. He remembers wondering if he should just take the footage home with him, and wait until he could see the editors himself the next morning, but he knew he and Binna were both due on set at 7am and there would be no time. He remembers that if he had done that, Binna would have still been with HYBE, and maybe with him.

As they watch the footage of them chatting casually with the receptionist as Binna filled out forms, he remembers what a busy day they had planned the next morning, not realizing that Jin was about to be a father, two weeks early. If he hadn't been at the hospital, he would have gotten Binna's calls and he might have gone to HYBE that night too. So much of what happened could have been avoided if the baby had not made it's early appearance. He chuckles to himself at the twist of fate. To him, meeting Binna felt a bit like a twist of fate, one he wouldn't have expected, and one he did not go looking for. The idea of working with her, after she tried to get him removed from the project would have been ridiculous if not for Bang PD's insistence that they work together. He must have seen something very special in her, in them both, to bring them together. 

"The receptionist just put the footage in the edit room. Where did you go next?" Jimin asks. Jungkook snaps back into the present, remembering they took the elevator right to PD's office to give him the original. 

"We took the media cards to PD nim, but there won't be cameras inside his office." He shakes his head wondering if they've reached the end of the useful footage.

"You're getting off the elevator here." Jimin indicates to another monitor and Jungkook switches it to the big screen. He watches himself walk with Binna into the outer office, and switches to the  camera inside. "Well at least there is footage of the reception area, and there's that assistant you always flirt with,' he says. Jungkook looks over at him shocked.

"I do not!" His mouth hangs open and he frowns, but Jimin's laugh makes him feel a little self conscious and he realizes he's probably right. He does flirt with a lot of the girls who work for HYBE, but that's it, he's just being playful. Jimin watches the monitor. 

"Hmm, maybe not, you didn't even say hello, just sat back on the couch." They watch Binna sit back down next to him and notice that he moves closer to her as he speaks. Jimin smiles as he watches them. "You definitely look a little too wrapped up in each other. What's Binna holding?" Jungkook squints at the image on the screen.

"Those are the media cards with the footage of me and of Jin hyung." Binna puts her phone back into her bag just as PD opens the door. Jungkook watches her walk to the desk and speak with the assistant. From the security camera angle he can just see their profiles and he wonders at it, he wasn't aware they had spoken, he was too busy talking with PD.

"What is she talking to the assistant about?" Jimin asks, confused. Jungkook shakes his head. 

"I didn't realize she was, but they both look a little bothered don't you think?"