Jungkook's Gift

Jungkook's phone connects Taehyung's number, and rings several times. He hopes Tae will answer, and not be too distraught. He hopes he can think of something to say to make him feel better. Taehyung has had many girlfriends, many break ups, maybe more than any of the other members. He feels very deeply when he's hurting. He seems to take weeks to snap out of mourning after one relationship ends. Those are weeks Jungkook knows they don't have. He hopes for everyone's sake that this relationship with Hana works out, at least until the comeback and the music video is finished, and of course, he hopes he can find happiness too.

"Jungkook, what's up?" Taehyung answers, sounding nervous.

"Taehyungie are you in the car?" he asks.

"Yes, but I'm parked."

"Are you alone?" He wonders if he's not interrupting something between them right now.

"Yes, why? Did Jimin call you?" Taehyung knows he must have because Jimin was the only person he had called today after he found Hana gone. He had told him what had happened, the mistake made by Mrs. Choi and how Hana had left and was not responding to his calls or texts.

"Yes, he called after he spoke with you." Jungkook isn't sure when they spoke, but he's hoping it's not too late to talk some sense into him.

"I am not in the mood for a lecture right now. I don't want to hear 'I told you so."Taehyung's voice betrays his pain. Jungkook feels a little guilty for trying to discourage this and for not being more supportive. Things are going so good for all of them right now, and he doesn't want Taehyung to be hurting.

"No hyung, I don't want to say that. I wanted to tell you that I really liked Hana, and I really do believe she's the girl for you." Taehyung's eyes get wide at the unexpected admission.

"What made you change your mind?" he asks, surprised. Jungkook thinks for a moment, remembering them at the V live, how 30 people were there, so many people he hadn't even noticed Binna, but the way Hana and Taehyung looked at each other, it was as if no one else existed for them.

"Meeting her...and, seeing you together.  I've never seen you that way, and I believe you now. I know it's real. We all do. I just wanted to tell you that, I support you." He smiles as he says the words, trying to turn away as someone comes off an open elevator and walks past him.

"Thank you Kookie, but I'm sure Jimin told you that she hasn't spoken to me since Mrs. Choi convinced her I had a fiancée. I don't know what to do. I'm sat outside her apartment now waiting for her to come home from her class." Jungkook nods at a familiar face and turns away again.

"You can't go to the university?" He steps a little further away from the elevators.

"I wouldn't know where her classes are."

"Does she study anywhere nearby?" Taehyung is quiet as he thinks.

"She told me on our first date that she studies at the library, or at this cafe she took me to called A Twosome Place. She was a regular there." Jungkook smiles as if it's all settled.

"Then try those places. You can try the cafe and if she's not there, try to the library." He smiles, thinking of the plan.

"Jungkook, you are right! One of the staff at the cafe gave me a gift with a nice note, I bet he would help me find her." Jungkook hears the car engine rev as Taehyung pulls out onto the street. "Thank you Kookie, I am on my way." Jungkook hangs up the phone, smiling, proud of himself for helping, just as Binna rounds the corner to the elevators and is surprised to see him there.

"Oh, you're still here?" she says, confused. He blushes a little, holding his phone out.

"I got a call I had to take. Girl trouble," he offers, not knowing why he would have said that. He begins to blush as he sees her face grimace and she nods.

"I see, must be rough." She presses the elevator button and stands with her back to him to wait. He realizes in that instant what she must think he means.

"Oh, I mean, not my girl trouble. I don't have any trouble," he stammers. She looks back over her shoulder at him, cocking her eyebrow.

"I'm sure that's true," she says, as she turns away.

"No, I meant, a friend, it's just a friend." There is nothing coming out of his mouth that doesn't sound wrong! He frowns. The elevator doors open and he considers getting on with her, but he's already said all the wrong things. She smiles slightly back at him as he stands there holding his phone.

"See you tomorrow at 11," she says as the doors close. Jungkook drops his head back, making a groaning sound as he wonders why he suddenly sounded so nervous. They were just speaking like normal adults a few minutes ago and now, she must wonder what's wrong with him.

***

Jungkook steps into the outer office on the top floor and smiles at the assistant who lights up when she recognizes him. It's good to feel instantly appreciated again. He has no trouble talking to girls who are already so obviously interested in him.

"Bang PD messaged me to come straight away," he explains. She nods, bowing her head low, and raises her eyes to him. Her expression changes as she looks at him and it surprises him. She begins to blush and giggle a little. He looks at her curiously.

"Forgive me Jungkook ssi, but you, you have a little food on your mouth." She flutters her eyelashes as she looks away from him, covering her mouth to hide the smile.

"What? Where?" he asks, instinctively touching his lips with his finger. She watches him get no where near the spot, and she reaches to pull out a tissue from the box on her desk.

"Here," she says, wrapping the tissue around her tiny finger and reaching up cautiously towards his face. She studies him closely as he stands still, waiting for her to remove the spot. She brushes the tissue against the sauce, removing it, and wiping gently just at the corner of his mouth. He notices she pauses just a little longer than necessary and he looks directly into her eyes in a devastatingly challenging way. She giggles, pulling back immediately and looking away. He smirks, at getting her so flustered. "You can go right in Oppa," she says coyly. He nods and walks up to the big imposing door. He was just at this door, a few days ago when he was ready to pitch the idea that he wanted to direct, for the music video, and for the tour, and he hopes that maybe Bang PD has summoned him to say that he's agreed to let him direct the documentary.

When he steps through the door, with a big smile on his face, he meets the eyes of Bang PD, who does not look pleased to see him. It's startling. He is not use to seeing a look of displeasure on his face aimed at him. He stops a foot from the desk, standing still, feeling a little like he's been called to the principle's office in school. Bang PD eyes him closely.

"Jungkook, I am a little upset today," he begins. Jungkook nervously clasps his hands together in front of him. "I asked you specifically not to make public that you were directing the music video...and yet you have already told someone," he begins. Jungkook swallows hard as he realizes he is not about to be rewarded by being selected to direct the tour documentary, and he may be in a bit of trouble. There is only one person who he spoke to about the music video, and only one person who could have told Bang PD and that was Binna. He frowns as he takes a seat across from Bang PD to await his lecture.