Hope

Jungkook wakes early the next morning, ready to start work. He's not in the studio today, instead he is planning to work on a visual example of the music video for the new song. It's a slower song, and he thinks he has access to enough footage of the group in different places, live and from other sources, to create a 'found footage' version of the MV to showcase his ideas. Of course he would want to direct, and shoot new footage for the song, it's a single, and it deserves it's own imagery, the fans deserve new imagery, but, being slower, it is easier to create the storyline without concern for choreography that would limit him to working in a studio.

He sits down with a matcha latte at his desk in the edit studio in his apartment. It's a completely enclosed room, dark enough to work on the large monitors he uses, and piled with racks of equipment for storing and offloading, connecting video to edit. It's been a while since he did anything specifically for the whole group. He's done bits and pieces for the members at various times, and plenty of shorts for their fans.

He switches on the monitors and begins the slow tedious process of reviewing files of footage, to find the images he wants to use. The song plays continuously on a loop in the room so he can listen to different elements and find inspiration. It's close to his heart, and he thinks that maybe, when all of this is done, one day, far in the future, hopefully, he would like to direct more projects, maybe even films or documentaries.

If Bang PD gives him the opportunity to direct the tour documentary, it would be a huge step in that direction. People across the world would see it and look at him differently. He wouldn't just be the singer and dancer, a member of the largest group on the planet, he would have this skill, to share, that he could keep sharing with the world long after his back or his legs give out. He knows that other members would likely all still be involved in music, and he wouldn't entirely give that up, but, he loves the idea of being in charge of an entire movie set, being the one to make all the creative decisions, start to finish, and releasing it to the world to live on as part of his legacy, of his own legacy, something he alone did, not something BTS did, or 'Jungkook from BTS' did. He wants to have recognition for his talent outside of the group. No one would say he did well because of BTS when he wins an Academy Award for Best Picture, someday.

He works through lunch, not stopping to eat. There are so many files to review, and he's less than organized when it comes to labeling them all properly. He wanted to have an assistant at the company go through all of his hard drives to create a good filing and labeling system, but he hadn't gotten around to it yet, and so he sits, and watches, and searches, and gets stuck sometimes watching a video and remembering it all, remembering what they were all like then, or what they thought and felt at the time it was recorded. It's easy to get lost in the history, in his history, and he rarely allows himself this time to look back, and remember. Today, a crisp spring morning, it looks like it could rain, it's the perfect day to just sit in the dark room, and relive it all.

***

Jungkook works tirelessly all afternoon until his phone alerts that Hoseok is calling. They were supposed to have dinner together, but he's been working so long he has forgotten the time. He realizes it's really late now. He answers the phone.

"Hobi hyung, I am so sorry! I was working and I forgot about dinner," he apologizes immediately.

"It's OK, I got caught up at Taehyung's anyway," Hoseok explains. Jungkook's brow furrows at the mention of Taehyung.

"So he told you, about the girl?" he asks tentatively.

"Oh yes, he did, I went over there after the studio, I just left, want me to come by?"

"Bring food! I'm starving, I haven't eaten, I've just been editing all day." His stomach growls as if to punctuate his statement. Hoseok is always the person to make him feel better. If he needs a good friend to talk to, or needs a bit of a cheer up, Hobi is there. He's never been too busy to help when someone needed him. It's always been that way, even though he works constantly on his own projects, he's always ready to stop and help. It's good to have someone to bounce ideas off of, now that he's hit a wall with the cut.