Interrogation

Dixies POV: "Dixie please come up stair with us," my mom said. "Yes I guess" is what I said as I turned and my mom, addi, and char followed behind me I walked to my room because I was in front and they followed I sat on my bed and looked up at them confused but innocently confused. "What do y'all need,"

"why were you so happy," addi said. "Um because I had a good day I already told y'all," they nodded not believing me. "Let me guess YALL think I fucked noah I'm the car, because no I didn't I'm not that much of a slut" I know I came off strong but I wasn't the oldest, an I want the youngest why did the care. "Dixie we never said that," my mom said coming off a bit strong as she was probably irritated, but it wasn't like I was making her stay here. "Well clearly y'all think I was doing something" "yes something" charli said making me a mad.

"Okay y'all want to know what I did. I went to school and yesterday I found out I would be tutoring noah for history. Me. Rogers told me we didn't have to learn anything but instead get to know each other so it wasn't awkward" I said looking at addi because it would be. Addi was his sister and I was the sister stealer. "That being said I took him to the aquarium and as soon as we walked in guess who I saw nick with another girl. Now he wasn't cheating but instead lied toe and told me he would be with his dying mother but he was with a slutty girl. Noah made me feel better and we had a great time at the aquarium. On the way back here noah opened up to me a little bit about past times and it made me happy that the get to know you part worked" I said this all in a very sarcastic way because I knew they didn't want to hear about my whole day but if your going to interrogate me you should know everything, right.

"Okay dixie whatever goodnight," my mom said not having time for our crap. "Oh goodnight mother" I said having another one of my smart ass comments. Charli looked at me and said  "I don't care what you do but Nick is the one for you don't fuck noah in the back seat of the car don't mess things up with nick" I laughed "thank you char I will make sure to fuck Noah in the front not the back" she flipped me off as she walked out of the room and I laughed again at my comment.

Now it was just me and addi "dix what's going on" why was she like this she was the person who talked shit about her own brother. "No addi you tell me why did you talk shit about Noah he isn't like what you said" she laughed "yes he is dixie he is self absorbed everything is about him, no one cares about anyone else but him" no he wasn't "no addi that's you, he just told me that he had to live alone while you lived happily with what you called a better family. He said that he is still doing everything in hopes you would actually care" she didn't know what to say, but I did. "Now I'm not mad but get the hell out of my room" she turned and went across the hall.

I sat on my bed and scrolled through my phone for about 3 hours and then I started thinking and questioning everything for about and 2 hours, when I got into the shower i spent longer than usual. My mind was spinning with things. Why did Nick lie? Why did I feel that with Noah? What was everyone hiding? And was Noah that hurt and if he was why hasn't he told anyone?

My chest got heavy, and I started to sweat I turned the shower off and stumbled to my sink where I wash my face and got dry fast. I put clothes on and began to breathe fast as I sat on my bed. I knew what was happening, and I was scared. I knew everyone was asleep because it was quiet in the house and I had took a really long shower so it was about 10:30. I also realized I didn't eat. I started sweating and shaking and I want going to get any help because I couldn't let anyone know that things were bothering me. I began crying, I was scared. This wasn't a new things I had anxiety since I was little and it was diagnosed but my medicine didn't always work. My phone began buzzing I expected nick to be apologizing for being a ass but it was a FaceTime call from Noah. I didn't want him to see me but as I went to press decline my trembling hands touched accept.

His faces appeared and his hair was wet and curly and he was laying in the bed shirtless and when he saw my tears he sat straight up in his bed and said "dix are you okay what's wrong". "P-p-p-a-a-n-i-c-k a-t-t-a-c-k" is all I could barely get our due to my voice being shaky as I was having trouble breathing and my tears. His face got worried and he said "do I need to come over" I didn't want to bother him but nothing would come out "okay I will be there I won't knock I will text you," I just nodded.

5 minutes Noah pulled up we lived in the same housing complex so it wasn't far he texted me saying I'm here and I quietly walked out of the house. When I opened the door there he was hair still wet but he had a sweatshirt on. He grabbed my scared self and wrapped his arms around me, and I did the same.

He patted my hair going down in small strokes. As he whispered it's okay, you'll be okay I promise. He repeated this and soon I calmed down and I was shocked I did because no one has been able to help me other than my dad. He didn't want to come inside due to the fact he knew my family wasn't that welcoming for him especially.

As he was turning to leave I grabbed his hand and pulled him into one last hug that felt like it lasted a eternity. He hugged me back and I felt a smile grow on both of our faces. He looked at me as he pulled him self a bit away from me. I looked him in the eyes and I saw him but I saw a broken Noah that was slowly being fixed.

I know I shouldn't have done this but I reached for his neck and pulled my head to him but he took his hand and put is index finger to my mouth like he was shushing me. "Dixie you can't do that and you know that" oddly that didn't make it awkward but made me feel like he wanted to continue if it wasn't for his maturity and my lack there of. I smiled at his eyes and he smiled at mine. He took his finger from my mouth and grabbed my cheeks and kissed my forehead. We pulled apart but our eyes didn't leave each other's. He spoke softly "goodnight dixie" "goodnight noah" he walked to his car and I walked inside. With a bigger smile on my face like earlier but this one was different because I didn't lose my smile this time I kept this one all the way until I drifted to sleep thinking about what happened.