Ready Or Not

Monday

Noah's POV

I wasn't expecting the ring of my doorbell on a Monday night but here I was standing in front of Dixie as she stood sobbing at me doorstep.

"Woah what's wrong" she just sobbed tears going down her face. She wanted to speak but nothing would come out.

"Come here dix calm down" I pulled her by her waist and let her wrap her arms around me.  She held in to this hug longer than she ever had.

"Let's go inside" I ushered here inside. Tatum looked up from the couch. Before dixie was here me and Tatum were watching Outer Banks together as that was our show.

Tatum almost jumped  to her feet at the site of Dixie.
"What happened" Tatum said wide eyed.

"I don't know" I spoke softly back to Tatum not wanting to pressure dixie.

"Same thing as it always is" dixie finally said. I dropped her bag in the single chair and made her sit in between me and Tatum.

"What does that mean" Tatum said. "My parents not letting me live life. Questioning my every move. Being bitches for that matter" she smiled at bit but then it disappeared.

"My sister and Addison being the favorites and getting away at everything while I'm left picking up my broken pieces"

She stopped and waited a minute me and Tatum silent. She hit her hands over her mouth and said "I'm so sorry, I'm acting like a bitch too obviously it's not as bad as y'all's. I'm sorry that I complained, I can leave if y'all don't feel comfortable anymore" she was rambling.

She stood up ready to leave, but me and Tatum grabbed her arms in unison and placed her back on the couch.

"Dixie calm down we understand" Tatum said and I followed "yeah dixie maybe it wasn't in the case but you shouldn't be pushed around"

"Thanks y'all" Dixie said hugging Tatum once and then hugging me keeping her head on my shoulder. "What were y'all watching before I was here" Tatum smiled and said "OMG now this will be me, Noah, and dixies show okay we were watching Outer Banks and now you are too"

Dixie looked down regaining her sad eyes and said "aww y'all have a show" Tatum looked at me and back at Dixie and held her hand and said "I'm sorry but know it's yours too" dixie smiled and said "if you insist"

After 2 hours of watching outer banks dixie was out. I walked upstairs as put her on one of the guest beds and then walked back down to say goodnight to my sister.

"Good night Tatum love you" I said about to turn around to leave when Tatum said "I like here I think you do too don't fuck yo Noah" she said in a serious tone but with a smirk on her face.

"I like her a lot, like really a lot and this one of the one thing that if I fuck up my life is fucked" I said looking back at Tatum.

"Holy fuck you love her" she got up and indulged me in a hug. "I think I do" she looked at me and ruffled my hair and said "you do I'm proud of you" she hugged me again and then let go backing up with the smile remaining on her face.

"My little brother is in Love" she said adding e's after love. "Sorry goodnight Noah love you" I turned around with my smile.

Love

I never thought I would experience it after my parents broke my heart and left me along with the train of pain. That was until I met Dixie the golden girl from the outside but hurt at home like me the girl who didn't look at me who didn't care. She cared though she wanted to tutor me she wanted to and that was what mattered because if it wasn't for her saying yes nothing would have ever happened.

I remember that day at the aquarium

I walked up stairs and went into the guest room to check on Dixie. To my surprise she was sitting up looking out the door like she was waiting for me.

"Hey" she said just like the fist day I met her in the library. "Hey sleepy head" she smiled and I laughed sitting on the edge of the bed.

"That's not funny but I have a question" she asked getting serious. "Go ahead ask away" I said becoming curious.

But she didn't answer for a while she just stared at me with her angelic hazel eyes. "Dixie is everything okay" I was going to say that she could talk to me but she silenced me with a kiss.

I placed her in my lap and she then said "I have to ask you the question before anything happened" she placed her hands around my neck. "Dixie what's wrong"

"What am I to you, because I feel something and I'm willing to chase this feeling so I need to know what you want before I give myself to you" she finished and I knew she was afraid of my rejection.

"Well I feel something special with you and if you want to wait I will wait for you"

"I don't want to wait but you will have to ask me to be your girlfriend sooner than later" she smiled and kissed me again.

I kissed her back and then we pulled away for a breath. She laid down beside me putting her head in my chest and we fell in our slumber of love.