Nightmare

A week Later

Noahs POV:

Its been a week since Addi moved back in and we went shopping. I could tell something was off with dixie but we weren't in the right place for me to ask.

I loved her there was no doubt about that. I knew she loved me but the real questions was did she love me enough.

She was quiet and distant like she was lying to everyone and herself. I felt bad for her because her anxiety makes guilt 10 times worse, but I could fix it because I had stayed loyal for years now and she couldn't do it for a month.

I wasn't a heartless monster but I didn't let people walk all over me. I learned that the hard way.

Everyone else hadn't learned that at all or they learned it the easy way.

but now I was faced with trouble. Dixies parents invited me and Charli to their Christmas Eve party with the main people of the town. They also invited us to open presents with them for Christmas morning so I would have to spend the night.

Tatum was happy too and I was glad they excepted our appearance but seeing her constantly wasn't healthy for me.

It was currently the day before Christmas Eve my secret Santa was dixie. I got her a Notebook with her initials on it. Dixie was a confident but in the same way a shy person.

She likes to write her feelings down and I know around now she has a lot of feelings that she can't quite describe so she can write her confusing thoughts down.

I also got her a matching Necklace and bracelet. I don't know why but as soon as I saw them it felt like they belong to dixie.

I got Charli a couple different gift cards, I got Mrs. Damelio earrings, I got Mr. Damelio a new set of utensils for his new grill, I got Tatum and Addi a bunch of stuff from bath and body works because that's their favorite.

Now it was the night of the Christmas Eve party and tonight was the night that I started my 48 hour pain party for myself.

I was wearing a suit because I new this would be a fancy party. Addi was wearing a sequin silver and gold dress. Her hair was all down and instead of curling in it was naturally wavy, her heels making her look way taller than she was. She matched her outfit with gold jewelry.

Tatum wore a red romper with silver jewelry and her hair slightly curled she wore silver flats.

Charli wore a green shimmery dress and silver jewelry with her hair also all done in curls she wore silver heels.

And Dixie, wore a red dress that had a slit and was flowy unlike the others. She wore black heels and silver bracelets and earrings but gold necklaces one of them I gave her. Her hair was half up Half down with a silver clip. She looked beyond beautiful words couldn't describe, but I saw straight through her and she was still full with grief.

Bryce, chase, nick, Blake, showed up a few minutes after one another. The venue started to fill up and I could feel Dixies eyes on me all night.

We were around each other either way because no matter how we didn't want to be reminded off the good times we were in the same friend group. everyone was mended friendships around us and we were still trying to be distance.

Bryce, Nick, and chase talked to me and Blake and we were soon in a neutral stage. Nick apologized to everyone and even though that didn't erase something it allowed us all to be together without a constant fight.

Slow dancing came on and everyone soon coupled up and left me and Dixie alone.

She kept her fake smile and I kept my drink to my mouth.

She faced me and started "are you happy Addis back" she said not wanting it to be awkward.

"I'm happy that she is happy" I said placing a small smile on my face.

"That's good" she got quite. I nodded and we were back to our awkward state.

"I want you to know that everything will be okay" I say.

"How can you say that Noah. How can you say everything will be okay when we are both dying inside" she said raising her voice and surprising me.

"You know everything will be okay I get your guilty but you have no right to be mad at me I didn't kiss another person it was you" I said giving her the same voice she gave me.

"I can't believe you Noah I'm trying so hard to be okay and I can't. You don't think I know I kissed him" She said begging to tear up.

"Dixie I don't know why your mad at me" I said tearing up and we had a few eyes on us.

"Oh Noah I can't be mad I did it, it was me. I'm trapped in my own nightmare and I can't get out. I'm so guilty because i hurt the one thing that loved me. Noah I understand you have every right to be mad but please don't pretend everything is okay when we are both drowning" she said her tears messing her makeup up.

"Dixie I'm not pretended everything is okay. I'm hurting too. You said the one thing that loved you I still love you dixie" I said calming my voice.

She was breaking down and didn't care who was here. "How can you love and ugly, cheating, annoying ass bitch Noah how can you love me"

I wrapped my arms around her and said "because I do. My heart beats when it sees you." And we stayed there just her crying and me rubbing her hair.

-
She stopped crying after a while and went to fix her makeup and then the party was over so me and the girls left. We all took a shower and got ready for bed and we parted ways to the different rooms

I know that me and Dixie aren't together but I love her and she loves me and we will be together soon, I'm sure of it.

I think

And that's how I fell asleep I was dreading these hours but now I wanted a Christmas miracle.

A/N
I didn't like this chapter either but the next one will be sweet.