9.

Haewon searched for him everywhere around the house, but he was nowhere to be seen. Not even in the kitchen, and not even in his room. So she just decided to slumped herself at the spacious branded sofa and looked to her side, where the high glassed window greeted her. The view is surely pretty, and she had video call Chaeyoung to show her every part of the house. The woman is delighted, saying that she should try explore her surrounding more.

Haewon is lazy, and she believed her past life must have worked like crazy to be such a lazy person in the present.

"Where is he?"

"Here," a voice startled her that she jolted up from her seat just to see Jungkook leaning at a wall not far from her. A smile lingered at his lips before he come closer to her. His long hair that reached his cheeks is making him look cute that Haewon realize how good he looks in both hairstyle. Whether he do his hair or not, he still look good. And that's not fair.

"Where have you been?"

She asked as soon as the man sat beside her and supported his head sideways with his hand, making him looking at her with full attention. Jungkook eyes lingered at her face for a while before he speak.

"Had things to settle. You want to know what?"

"Can I know?"

"Of course. I agreed to share my private life with you." He said and her eyes lit up, which Jungkook chuckled before sitting up straight. "But first, I want to do this"

He then laid his head at her lap which Haewon again freeze at his bold action. For the past 24 years of her living, even after dated several guys, she never went this far. She tend to show less emotion, accused of being loveless when she was supposed to be in love. Now it happened again, but far more extreme when Jungkook can do anything he wanted to her without crossing the line, and she can't push him.

"Can you play with my hair, Haewon?"

"Do I have to?"

"Come on, people say it's nice when someone played with your hair," he whined which again a new side of him is unlocked in front of Haewon. Rolling her eyes, she took a deep breath before her shaky fingers touched his hair, and the man closed his eyes in comfort, though he almost laughed at how trembling she is.

"I worked at Taehyung hospital"

"You are a doctor?"

"No, I owned the hospital. Well kind of," he said and she raised her eyebrow. "Kind of?"

"It was inherited to me suddenly when I became a legal adult. I'm an orphan, Haewon. So I don't know much about my family. All I know is that they die, and leave me alone. Depressing isn't it? But then I don't know them. It was hard to feel sad about it actually."

"Then?"

"When I reached 18, someone came and told me I'm going to have to take my father work. I thought he was doing some illegal shit. I was about to brag to anyone about having a mafia dad when he actually worked in a humanity organization. The hospital was one of his project, so I was needed to handle it. An eighteen years old handling a company? Of course not. I was forced to study about it while working and you can say I multitask the whole time"

"You should have prayed your father is a mafia, not an angel who needed to work his ass off"

Jungkook let out a small laugh before he continue."I went there just now to passed the hospital ownership to someone else. So I'm jobless now"

Her fingers stop playing with his hair and Jungkook eyes shot open. He saw the bewilderment in her eyes and he smirked. "Don't worry, I have enough money for you and me, and I'm still going to pay you. I just wanted to take a rest"

"For how longer? Three to five months?"

"Yep, that if nothing stop me in the middle of the way", he said and she just stayed silent. For Haewon, it's just a single metaphor to describe his life but to Jungkook he really mean it. Death will be the end of his life, and he might lose the chance to lived to the fullest yet. With this thought, he sighed and Haewon took it as a sign that he must be stressed because of his job before and brushed his hair again. She could play with it everyday because it was soft and a little bit curly that she can twirl it around her fingers.

"You know taking a rest that long might affect you badly. Will the hospital be alright?"

"I worked hard everyday, don't I deserve to be alright too?,"he said and his doe eyes looked at her making him looking like a child and she had to stop herself from pinching his cheeks because it look cute. Seriously where was the man who wore black leather jacket with a slick back hair yesterday? He looks different now and undeniably soft. It was as if Haewon paid him to be her partner for three to five months.

"Yes yes, you deserve too. Happy?" She said with a grin and the man did the same before turning his head to face her stomach and burried his face there. Haewon gasped and then, the insecurities came. All those baby fat stored in her tummy will be noticed by Jungkook and it will be embarrassing. She isn't some model who took good care of their body and now Jungkook must have been laughing at her internally.

"Wait-wait!"

"What?,"he said, voice muffled as he his hand went to hug her waist hugging her like a teddy bear and her body flushed. "I-I-," she stutters with her hand froze and her body stiff. How could she explain to him about her not-model-like tummy and push him away? When she was panicking herself, Jungkook peeked her by looking up slightly at her expression.

"I won't do anything bad"

"It's not l-like that! I-well-,"she couldn't speak words and then her hand slipped to gap betwen his face and the fabric covering her stomach, cursing herself from eating too much at night. She should have followed Chaeyoung to the gym. Now she's regretting it all.

Jungkook on the other hand, interpret her wrong. "Hungry?"

"N-no"

"That's weird, but I'm starting to get sleepy and you smell nice. So good night, or good morning Haewon," he said and went back to hug her which this time Haewon give up in planning to push him away. The panic was still there, and the insecurities lingered in her mind. Will he still do this if she didn't smell like fresh soap, just her normal scent? There is no way a man could do something like this without making sure his partner is beautiful.

That was what she had learn ever since she worked in Love Inc.

"You're tummy feels like my pillow now. I should do this all day"

"What?," she asked, quite didn't catch his words because it muffled. But she could feel him smiling at her fabric and he looked up with hazy eyes, half asleep and half awake.

"You're beautiful Haewon. Don't let those insecurities hurt you. I can cherish everything you are and make you feel confident about yourself. Besides, I choose you right?"

Her heart melted at his comforting words, thanking god for making Jungkook understand her without her speaking it out loud. She just nodded and continued to play with his hair, making twirls and comb it manually with her fingers. A sigh left from his lips, telling her she liked it and hug her tightly. Within a minute, he's already a sleep.

If to die in someone's arm has its own definition, then this will be his.