38.

"Jungkook, our pictures came out," she said as she step in the room, the man was just awake and he smiled sweetly at the woman before trying to sit up at his bed. Haewon quickly walked to him, pushing him back down to the bed which earned a look from Jungkook. "Lay down, I want to hug you," she said before finding a spot beside Jungkook right after she pulled out her feet from her shoes. The man gently pulled her up, giving her a space as she was rested beside him, his arm as her pillow while she held the pictures Taehyung had washed for them.

"Does it come out nicely?"

"It's perfect, as if it was a real wedding photoshoot"

He hummed, as his eyes rested on the pictures, they didn't move much in it. Taehyung randomly clicked the camera, which he called aesthetic for no reason and Jungkook was too tired to fought back.

"Look, your face is too close to mine," she said as she showed one to him, Haewon was hugging his neck as he leaned forward to bop their nose to each other. Probably Taehyung aesthetic work this time. "I was about to kiss you, but Seokjin was yelling so much as if he was the one getting kissed"

Haewon laughed at his jokes before they turned to another picture, they were laying down at the grass while looking at each other, it was funnier that Taehyung, Chaeyoung, Seokjin and Jimin shadow was in it. It wasn't even ideal to put it in display, but at least they got some shades from it. And who the hell raise his hand to a peace sign beside Seokjin?

"That's Yoongi. He was there untill he wanted to see us laying down at the grass. "

"Really? I didn't realize he was there the whole time," she said and turned to another picture, which her face instantly lit up seeing it. "Taehyung did a good job with this"

"It's Jimin. No way Taehyung would take nice picture of me," he corrected at her but his smile didn't wavered from his lips. Haewon was showing something at her phone, but Jungkook eyee were on her, smiling at her who was focusing on her talk. Haewon didn't realize this photo was taken, nor did she realize the man was staring at her intently the whole time.

"You are too nice to look away, I can't stop myself," he said as his fingers trailed down the pictures before glancing at her who could only smile at his words. Compliment keep coming out from Jungkook lips, she could never get enough from it.

"I don't know if I have to call you a pervert or a gentleman now"

"Call me anything you want, I will still call you mine"

She scoffed at his words but still happy to hear that before turned to another picture, of all of them together in one picture. Haewon and Jungkook was at the center, Chaeyoung and Taehyung was at Haewon side while Jimin and Jimin was at Jungkook. Yoongi was at the back, emotionless but he still looked at the camera. It was formal, with their hands at their laps except for Haewon who was holding the flower, and Yoongi who was standing. It was as if all of them had known each other since before, way back then and the pair smiled.

Turning to the next picture, was a informal picture in the same position. Taehyung pulled Chaeyoung closed to his shoulder with the blondie eyes went wide, Yoongi was babbling (mouth parting in a weird way) about how bad pollen can make one allergic from it suffer as Haewon looked up to him to hear the information, Jimin and Jungkook were standing up as they bickered while Seokjin posed between them. So much things were happening, and they were laughing at how they were explaining each actions in there. Seokjin caught their attention because he was camera ready with the thumbs up.

"You'll never caught this man slipping"

"He's handsome looks did justice on him," she says as they turned to another picture, which they were back to sitting down, smiling widely with peace and V sign here and there, Yoongi showing his set of teeths funnily while Jungkook was laughing in the picture. Taehyung with his boxy smile, Jimin with his small eyes as he was grinning and Seokjin with a funny face that it isn't appropriate to show the world now. Chaeyoung and Haewon were glued to each other, doing hand signs. Almost half of the pictures where them together, prior to Jungkook request.

"We look like teenagers"

"We do, don't we?"

His soft snore was heard around the ward, as Haewon softly played with the strands of his hair. Jungkook had been asleep as soon as he finished taking his meds. He didn't talk much today, in fact all he did was responded to her, and she realized he was slowly getting tired that she let him rest once a while he got quiet. Even so, he kept on looking at the pictures, a weak smile played on his lips. The pictures were stacked beside him, but there were two grasped in his grip. It was the picture of them both, one where they bopped their nose to each other and another one was when all of them in one picture, taking pictures candidly.

"It must be tiring for you, right?"

She whispered as a teardrop fell from her sparkling eyes, but a smile was still there. Haewon didn't want to leave him tonight, but Taehyung had asked her to go home. It had been several nights since she sleep here with Jungkook, taking care of her father too who had knew who Jungkook was. The old man was stunned at first, but then he sobbed.

"Why, why are you crying, father?," She said frantically before pulling her father in her embrace, which the old man sobbed softly in his arms. Why did he cried?

"Why must you go through this, dear?," Was what her father said that she instantly understand. "Your mother left you, and she's a nice woman the two of us ever met. Now, Jungkook is leaving you. Why must fate be cruel to you?"

She couldn't hold back her tears, as she sobbed softly in at her shoulder. Her father was right. All of them were nice, so why do they have to leave them so early? She never deem herself to be strong for everything, but she was able to pull herself back up after everything that happened. Even when her father collapsed at their family bakery back then years ago, she was able to complete college in constant fear and tears.

"You could say, I'm probably one of god strongest soldier now," she joked as she calmed her father while calming herself too. It was heartbreaking how her father pittied her too much that it led his own tears to come down, but she couldn't do anything to stop it. If Jungkook were to blame his fate for his sickness, then should she blame the fates too for making every precious person in her life to walk away from her and never come back again?

"At least I do have some proper goodbyes with them, father," was what she said slowly, but her heart was crushed beyond words when she uttered it.

Which broke Lee Haejin heart more.

"When the times come Jungkook, rest well. I'll be doing alright, just like you wanted to, and I will always, always remember you, my love"

Kissing his forehead one last time, she whispered, "Good night, Jungkook. And I hope I'll see you again tomorrow"