16.

Haewon really did took a great care of Jungkook. From meals to his med, his emotion to his physical, she was doing a great job on it, not hurting Jungkook because she knew the man hated it when he is treated like a sick person. Sometimes it worries Haewon that he is too positive in his state, or too acceptable but she thought it is because he knew the disease will be cured anyway, or he will just have to live it with the rest of his life like her father.

She sighed at the thought of her father, bedridden at the hospital bed, waiting for his turn for his surgery because Haewon couldn't afford to pay the cost of his treatment in one go. That resulting in the hospital needs to hold her father there, but Haewon is glad he didn't hustle about it. At least he was taken good care by them. Now that she thinks about it, is there might be a chance that Jungkook owned the hospital her father was placed in? He never spoke about the hospital a lot, and Haewon wasn't that interested for it actually.

Her hands stirred the batter with the whisk when a pair of arms circled her waist and she instantly knew who. Smiling, she looked to her side where the man had rested his chin on her shoulder, eyes peeping on the batter in the bowl. "What are you baking?"

"Cake. Banana cake. I thought you will like it since you enjoyed those banana milk so much"

"I like everything you cook. But you can use the machine, why using the manual way?"

"My father said bake with you own hand from the start to the beginning is tastier and you appreciate it more once it's finished. Besides, I don't want to ruin anything expensive in your kitchen," she said while her hand had stopped stirring and turned around to greet his handsome face. The man smiled at the sudden change of position before he bopped his nose at hers and she chuckled.

"You do have such big nose, Jungkook"

"Do you want to know another thing that is big?"

"Don't you dare tell me what-"

"My arms for you to hold you like this. Don't tell me you are thinking about other things?"

She smacked his shoulder before his laugh ringing at her ear like a melody she could hear on repeat. Turning back, she focused on her batter again, holding back a smile that was threatening to escape her pale pink lips. His arms still engulfed her in his arms, watching as the batter is mixing with the new ingredients she add on, and Jungkook had imagined the whole kitchen smell like a fresh bakery house when it will be cooked in the oven later.

Even now, the kitchen smell of chocolate as she had just placed the pan off raw batter cookies in the oven, claiming she's bored and wanted to bake today. The man had heard the commotion she did in his spacious kitchen and he smiled before focusing back to his left over works Seokjin and Jimin left from him even after handing the hospital for them to take care of it. Haewon had volunteer to help him with some, but the man knew the woman eyes were sore after dealing with files of her own job so he politely decline, assuring he won't get stressed by it.

"You bake a lot today. I believe this isn't the last?"

"I thought about making cupcakes too, and give some to your neighbors. The family who lived at the door in front of us who had three child, the elderly couple at the seventh floor who greeted us when we went to the supermarket every Sunday, the nice guard, the-"

"You know everyone as if you live here longer than me," he teased and she giggled. "They are nice, and they always ask for you whenever they see me alone. I couldn't say you were sleeping everytime because of your meds so I said you are too busy"

"So they think you are my girlfriend?"

"I'm not?," She replied back nochalantly , didn't realize the smirk appeared on his lips hearing her admitting it. Bringing his lips to her ear, he whispered which the woman shivered at the sudden intimate contact they have.

"Why don't you kiss me on the lips to prove you are my girlfriend, Haewon?"

She snapped her head to him, their lips almost brushed against each other when she saw the mischief and passion in his eyes. A look that Haewon had first saw when they locked eyes at the lobby. Now it its staring back at her, him holding her too close and she caught his eyes gazed down at her lips before looking back at her eyes. Her body flushed, knowing that Jungkook is now not the clingy man she deal with almost a month.

The man stood in front of her is looking at her as if he might devour her the moment he get the chance to place his lips on her.

"I bet it will taste nice like those cookies you baked," he said huskily and she gulped, anxiety and participation clouded her mind when he leaned forward. His head tilted to the side, his eyes gradually closed and she could feel her eyelids doing the same. At some moment, her hands now were at his shoulder, leaving the unfinished batter alone as she waited for his lips.

This time, Jungkook wasn't playing jokes about it. He was really going to do it, claiming the lips of hers to be his and taste the strawberry balm she used every morning. Her vanilla scent is now etched in his mind forever, the scent has become her favourite and he will do anything just for it to lingered longer at his shirts.

Just when their lips are only centimeters apart, the oven ringed and she gasped in suprise before her eyes opened and he did the same. She quickly distanced himself from him, face flushed and body shivered at the lost of his heat on her.

Jungkook groaned inwardly at the lost, hating the oven and the cookies inside to ruin their moment together.

Shit, I need to work out. I'm getting crazier now.