25.

"I forgot to tell you before,"he said as they step out from the lobby to the hotel reserved beach. Haewon looked to her side to see his side profile, all sharp and handsome which makes woman looked at him twice. Maybe she was lucky as Jungkook said, all this look is all for her to see. Which wasn't deserving at all.

"What?"

"The dress you wore at the memorial was beautiful, too beautiful I had to put you close at all time before Wonwoo snatch you away from me"

Jungkook wasn't lying about that. The knee length dress with embroidery delicate decorations at the end, the nicely fitting fabric to her skin and the way it was so soft for Jungkook that if he was really her boyfriend, there will be no way he will taking her out to fireworks.

He will have shown the fireworks in his chest to her, at bed. Ripping of the fabric so that he could have what others couldn't, even his mischievous cousin who seems to try taking her away from him through out the memorial.

But Jungkook know that he shouldn't do that, and he will never touch her that way because his time was undeniably short to make love with her.

"That's some nice compliment rather than you saying I smell nice every single day,"she said along with the man chuckle beside him. The cold breeze that night hit them, and she was glad the long cardigan did make her a little warm that night. Jungkook told her that the beach will be a perfect spot to watch the fireworks, so Haewon just agreed to follow him here.

"You do smell nice everyday, I wasn't lying about that"

"You better stop sniffing my hair when you got a chance. What are you? A dog?"

He laughed at the remark before finally reached the beach. There are some people there, waiting for the fireworks or just strolling around the beach. Couple and families, women and men, old and young. He smiled at how everyone wanted to see the fireworks, excited and he was right about it. Everyone likes the spark and noises of the fireworks.

Even for a dying man like him.

"There again, you are silent. Go and save us some spot, I'll buys us some snacks"

"Don't go for too long"

She smiled before pecking his cheek slightly. "I won't"

The moment she walked away, his smile died. He is now regretting the decision to not let her go. His speech before was actually longer than that. He wanted to tell everyone to remember him the moment he was no longer here, like they did to his father. He wanted to tell his family how lonely he will be when he's alone later, gasping for his last breath. He too, wanted to show the whole world the woman who had seems to have him, by flesh and soul, mind and heart but Jungkook couldn't.

The memorial is about his father, not about him who will be following his father step soon.

For all Jungkook know, he was about to leave the world without living his life to the fullest.

But the moment his eyes met her, sitting down at the corner down of the stage, smiling with his orbs sparkling in awed and passion at him, all those worries went away.

She is now his world, and he's trying his best to make sure he has fill himself with her. Jungkook wouldn't want to call it love because it is selfish for him to be the one leaving, but he couldn't help but attached to her not just to be his last moment in his life, but to have her even when he was about to close his eyes.

Jungkook wanted to love her, and he already did even after telling himself not to do so.

Sighing to his own thoughts, he looked at the clear dark sky. It is almost 12, and people are getting more crowded. His aunt for surely knew how to attract visitors and he still remember the mischief playing in her eyes when she saw Haewon at the buffet tray while he went to greet Wonwoo's family.