18.

Her head snapped to the coughing sound at night, it was too bad that she stood up quickly, almost knocking her coffee and head out from the kitchen leaving her works behind. It is 3 in the morning, her heartbeat raced as the groan and whine in pain could be heard across the apartment. Opening the door harshly, she saw the messy bed sheets and the opened toilet door with a half naked man bending down to the sink as he throw out everything.

Haewon reached to him, flung her arm to his body and rubbed his back before eyes landing down to the sink, a pool of blood with the mixed saliva decorated the marble surface of the sink. Jungkook was still gasping for air, his hands held the side of the sink so hard and Haewon placed her small hand on top of his as she gently rubbed his bare back, his muscle still tense from the blood vomit. They stood like that for a while before she finally turned the faucet, letting the blood to went down the sink, leaving it clean from it.

Jungkook then washed his mouth clean before slumping his tired face at the crook of her neck, which the woman take a clean towel at the rack and wiped the sweats all over his face and some spot at his neck. "Are you feeling better now?"

He shook, saying the truth as the pain in his chest is still there even though it is gradually going away. His chest hurt, his head hurt and his legs almost failed him so Haewon help him to walk out from the bathroom to his bed. Her hands secured his turso, feeling the hardened abs under her skin.

Placing him down the soft bed,  he brushed the strands of his hair away from his damp face and smiled weakly at him. "Do you want anything?"

"Water please"

She nodded and walked out from the bedroom to get him some water. Several minutes later, she came back to see Jungkook looking at her as if he was waiting her to come back the moment she left. She walked to him and gave him the glass which the man drank it in one go because he is thirsty after the sudden bloody vomit.

She took a side beside him, waited for him finish drinking and once he's done, she took it from him and placed at the nightstand beside him. "Is it still hurt?"

"Not that bad anymore"

"Do you want me to stay? I can watch over you if you need anything"

"You are tired from your work. You don't have to. Don't stay up to late, Haewon. It's not good for you"

"Says the one who puked out at the bathroom before," she joked and he lauged before he sinked himself at the bed, his hand take her hand in his and brush some circle on it. "Do you still have some works to do?"

"I can continue tomorrow. It's you who I need to be worried about now. Are you sure you can stay alone tonight? "

"Your contract says that I cannot bring you to bed-"

"For sexual things. I don't have to sleep with you tonight, just staying beside you here is enough. Who knows you might be in pain again and I can call the ambulance just in time?"

He smiled before giving in but his hand pulled her closer to him which her eyes widen in suprise. "I won't let you sleep sitting down, Haewon. Come in the bed, it's not your first time right?"

She glared at him which the man laughed but then she slipped inside the duvet, quickly turned to the side so that her back faced him. "You said you will be watching me, why are you facing there?"

"I can hear you clearly so go to sleep, Jungkook. ,"She said, hiding the red tint of her cheeks because Jungkook is surely enjoying her being helpless like this. Just when she thought he will be quiet, he pulled her closer to him, her back hit his bare chest and he burried his face into her hair. Haewon could feel the warmness radiated from him and how secured his arm to hold her close to him.

She will be so dead if Chaeyoung and Taehee knew about this.

"What are you doing?"

"Can you look at me now?"

"Jungkook-"

"Please, I want to look at you"

The plead sound so broken for her to resist, but her mind couldn't decipher why such emotions left his lips the moment he said that. She thought he was enjoying this situation, but now it hit her that the man literally was in pain before and he badly wanted to end it. Gulping, she turned slowly to face his tired face, his used to be pinkish lips are pale as hers in daily basis and his eyes didn't have the same glow he always gave it to her. How bad was his condition? She remembered how her father would often be in this situation until they put him warded, but it was acceptable that his is already old and his body couldn't stand being sick.

Was Jungkook condition is really bad?

"Happy?"

"Now I see you, I might sleep well tonight"

He said softly, eyelashes dropping down and his breath calm which fanned her lips, and his palm reached to the back of her shoulder so he could keep her close in his sleep. He positioned himself so he can hide his face at the crook of her neck, and Haewon took him in his arms. Hugging his naked turso,her hand play with his hair while the other rested at his bare back which she couldn't deny how firm his body feels.

"You won't go anywhere right?"

"I won't, I promise"

"Goodnight Haewon, and I hope I see you again tomorrow", is what he mumbled, unsure if she heard it because there wasn't any response from her and Jungkook had drifted to sleep.

With him holding dearly to her as if it was his last time for him to be in her embrace.