40.

"Here, have some meat," Jimin placed it at her food tray, and the woman let a small thank you before focusing back to her meal. They were in silent, there was nothing to talk about. If Jungkook wasn't sick, Seokjin and Wonwoo would be fighting about business, Taehyung and Jimin would only look at them before laughing at how ridiculous the men were. Now, it was full of silent, nothing was able to cheer up the mood and even depressing. It was when Taehyung decided to speak that all of them looked up from their meal.

"Chaeyoung hated meats"

It was random, out of nowhere but the male nurse continue. "She said, this has a lot of fat, she wanted to be a vegan, and she wanted to have a nice body even when she reached forties later"

"You know she's lying right," it was Haewon who spoke then and the man scoffed slightly. "At first, I thought I will die having a healthy girlfriend. She looked dead serious at the first date I bought her"

Taehyung looked up before smiling at Haewon as he remember an event which bought to Chaeyoung lies. "That night , after I bought her home, she left her scarf at my car so I turn back, just to stumble upon her at the late night snack, eating chickens and meats as if the salad she had before was just an appetizer. I never thought one who is stuffing chicken in her mouth will look that pretty"

"You are whipped," Seokjin said in a low voice but they hear it clear. Taehyung looked to his side, flashing a smile to the man. "She's fun to be with, despite always getting mad at me. She will curse me when she hear this later"

"Chaeyoung had a dictionary full of curse word in her head. She used to spat at a junior back in college because poor girl wasn't looking where she is running. Chaeyoung almost get sued by the girl mother"

A soft chuckle was heard from them, and Taehyung secretly smile when Jimin face lit up while asking Haewon to tell more about what happened to Chaeyoung that time, which the woman grinned and continue to tell the story, lifting up the gloomy mood that was clouding them since they saw Jungkook in the ward. He couldn't help but pity Haewon the most.

A woman who entered Jungkook life at the last moment of his days and is now slowly need to accept the man is leaving her. It was true Jungkook is selfish to do this, but Taehyung play a part in this too. Had he didn't drag the man there, the woman wouldn't had to go through the pain that is coming once Jungkook is buried seven feets deep. Taehyung knew he pushed the woman to stay with him countless time, and Haewon never say no.

And Taehyung was grateful for that.

"He's sleeping"

Jimin said the moment Haewon stood up to enter the room. "Oh, then I'll come tomorrow then. It must be tiring to meet his whole family just now. "

"Are you sure you don't want to see him first? "

She glanced at the closed door of his room before smiling weakly. She did wanted to see him, but the man is now sleeping and all Haewon will do beside him was cry. Since when she had been so weak of heart that the sight of him sleeping could let her be a sobbing mess? She could have accepted it by now, she could have muster enough courage just to said to Jungkook that everything is fine, and she is ready to let him go, but she couldn't. She wanted to hold on the last string of her hope to him, which day by day is almost non existent as it it shredding to pieces.

"What will you do after he's gone, Jimin?," She asked as the latter question was dismissed which Jimin completely understand she didn't want to go in. "Jungkook left the orphanage which I worked at for me, so I guess I'll just be staying and working there for him. It his youth after all there, a memory Jungkook is so fond of. Maybe that's how I'm going to cope with his death later. If I couldn't, then I'll be just like any other man will be"

"What is it?"

"Drunkard, drink myself to death and denial and probably got my friends mad for that. There's a lot of things going to happen, some changes here and there. Like the amount of people who we will have when we have a get together, the drinks I will ordered when I'm drinking with them, the less nagging about work which is now only Seokjin will talk about, or the lack of someone whining, laughing, joking around when we are teasing each other. It's either I lost myself with Jungkook, or I go through this with them. Jungkook had been a part of our life. Everyone will be affected"

"You are right, all of you will be. You known him since you were young, I only know him for four months. And-"

"Four months are enough for you to be attached to him, same goes to him. Don't you see how mad he was when I was trying to take you away?," Jimin said and the woman chuckle before she nodded. "Right, he almost exploded"

"Had he was healthy, he will have punch him right on my face, then dragged you away for who knows. Jungkook has alwasy been possessive for his belongings. It is sad his will to live is no longer his"

There was a deep silence between them, before she sighed and darted his attention back to Jimin. "Take care, Jimin. Don't push yourself much, and take care of your meals"

"You too, Haewon. Get some sleep, your eyebag is quite worrying," he pointed out jokingly and the woman grinned before bidding farewell, leaving the man as she walked to her father ward which was located down three levels from Jungkook floor. The hospital ground was silent, there weren't much people around as visiting hours has long ended. Just before she turned to corner to head to the lift, a hand patted her shoulder and she saw Seokjin was looking at her solemnly, but still have a small smile on his plump lips.

"Jimin told me you are going home. Do you need a ride?"

"Thank you, but no. I'm staying at my father ward, are you going home, Mr. Kim?"

"I'll be sleeping in my office. My house is quite far from here, it's better to stay close for anything happen"

Haewon nodded, before pushing the button down with while Seokjin pushed the up one. There was silent between them before he spoke,"I used to hate the idea Jungkook renting you for this. It was only for a short time, why wasting it on something not valuable? But then, whenever he called and met us he was always delighted to talk about you. It was annoying at first, he couldn't stop talking how wonderful were you,"he said before scoffed jokingly but a smile lingered on his lips, reminiscing Jungkook bright face when he talked about Haewon.

"I was glad he isn't sad for what is going to happen, but the same time I was scared that he might broke your heart more than he break his. But you are still here, and no one is leaving him except himself. Thank you, Haewon. For staying till now. "

Haewon didn't say a word, but she nodded before the elevator ring, indicating her ride down is there. Giving a small 'good night' to Seokjin, she entered the lift while the man only look at her before the door closes on him.

He sighed before saying ," I should get someone loyal like that to be happy, what's with this handsome face only attracting gold diggers?"