Chapter 24.

Kaira's POV.

''So you are telling me you didn't notice it wasn't the real thing as well?'' my father hissed, sounding as emotionless as usual.

I clenched my fists, gritting my teeth in anger. He should have been there. The Jinchuuriki was a difficult opponent. Sasuke was injured, Karin was injured, Suigetsu had turned into some sort of jelly, and Jugo was turned into a kid, and since I wasn't allowed to fight, the only thing I could do was observe. But later, when began to help them, I was more focused on them than on the Jinchuuriki. If I only paid more attention, I would have been able to notice the guy got away. But it's not only my fault. If only dad had let me fight, then maybe we would have been able to defeat the Jinchuuriki.

I know dad wanted to know how strong and powerful Sasuke and his team were, and because my shoulder still hurt a bit, dad sent me with them to watch them, not to aid them in the fight. With my 'injury', I would still have been able to fight. It's nothing big, nothing to worry about. Just seeing Sasuke and the rest fight, made me want to fight as well.

But even if I disobeyed my father's ordered, and kept silent about him, dad would find out anyway.

''Yes, that's what I'm saying.'' I whispered.

Dad let out a 'tch' and glared at me. ''What's wrong with you? Not only you gave your identity away, but now you failed your mission as well?'' he asked. ''I've raised you, and trained you. You should be able to do better than this. You've cleared more difficult missions, and you've been able to keep your existence secret for many years. Why are you letting your guard down lately, Kaira?''

Why I was letting my guard down? Was I letting my guard down? I just forgot to hide my necklace. That's where all this began. I met Sasuke, and I guess I felt unconsciously attracted to him, making me want to encounter him again. Was it Sasuke? Was he the reason for all the mistakes I was making lately? It's true that during the fight against the Jinchuuriki, I came to his aid when he was badly injured, so I was paying more attention to him than to the Jinchuuriki. Sasuke was just distracting me without even knowing it.

Sasuke really causes me more trouble then I thought. He confused me, making me doubt my feelings, he made me let my guard down, he also made me abandon my mission, even if it was for just a short time.

''Kaira, is something wrong?'' my dad's voice snapped me out of my thought. I looked at him and shook my head. He narrowed his eyes at me, like he could see if I was speaking the truth or not. When dad began to glare again, I knew he knew that I was lying. I swallowed thickly. When I first got into the office, it was uneasy to speak while being watched by someone who could make someone wet their pants by just glaring daggers. Of course I didn't do that.. Dad really was pissed and he even yelled at me, but after he heard that I didn't notice the Jinchuuriki we took with us was actually a tentacle, he calmed down, but now he got that deadly look in his eyes again.

''I'll ask you one more time.'' he growled. ''Is something wrong?''

Even though he tried to speak calmly, I could hear the anger in his voice. I couldn't tell him about Sasuke and me, and what happened between us. Dad intents to use Sasuke for his plans, and I could tell Sasuke and dad didn't like each other even one bit. If I were to tell dad everything that happened between us, I wouldn't know what he would do. Kill Sasuke, maybe? Dad never hesitates to kill  person he dislikes, but he still needs Sasuke...

''Answer me, Kaira!''

I flinched at his loud voice, and grunted. ''It's nothing.'' I whispered.

Dad sighed loudly, obviously annoyed. When he opened his mouth to say something, the door opened, and Izuna walked into the office. For just a second, he stopped and looked at both dad and me, knowing he interrupted something important. Not that I cared.

Izuna began to talk to dad about his mission, and I saw my chance to get away. I didn't want to continue this stupid conversation any longer. But when I reached the doorway, I heard my fahter speak up. ''We're not done yet, Kaira. We'll finish this later.''

I clenched my fist, and closed the door behind me, letting out a groan. Why must he always get under my skin?! I wish I had a father who was a bit dumber and not Madara Uchiha. That guy honestly never gives up. Of course I love my father, but sometimes, I really wish he would just let me be.

Sasuke's POV.

When Suki had healed me, I touched the bandages around my chest. Karin did a good job on healing me as well back in Kumogakure, but Suki finished what Karin couldn't finish. I had to say, Suki looked a lot like Kaira. If only her hair was a bit messier, and her eyes black instead of green, it would be hard to keep Kaira and Suki apart. Suki looked a lot nicer, and kinder as well. Always a smile on her face. I wonder how she could keep smiling like that. She's a criminal, so she must have committed sins. Yet she looks like there's nothing to worry about.

It's not like Kaira felt guilty for anything she'd done, and I didn't as well, but we don't smile when they is nothing to smile about.

''Sasuke-san, you're from Konoha, aren't you?''

Suki's soft voice snapped me out of my thoughts. I looked down at her, because I was still sitting on the bed, while Suki was standing on the ground.

''Yeah.'' I murmured.

''What is it like to live in a village?''

I frowned at her. Why does she care? Maybe because she will never get the chance to live a normal in a village.. ''Annoying.''

''Annoying?'' she muttered. ''Why would it be annoying?'' Suki glanced at me, looking slightly confused.

I sighed. I knew that if I were to answer that question, more questions would follow. Why is she so curious about it anyway? I didn't answer her question. It wasn't hard. There were just a lot of people in a village and people are annoying, especially people who continuously stalk you.

''Kaira, what are you doing here?''

I looked up and saw Kaira entering the infirmary. She looked at me for a brief moment, and I noticed an almost unnoticeable smile on her lips, which made me smirk slightly.

''Where's mom, Suki?'' She asked.

''In the library.'' Suki answered as she grabbed my arm, tightening the bandage around my wrist. ''Why do you want to know?''

''I just need to talk to her.''