Chapter 45. Siblings.

Kaira's POV.

''There you go.'' I muttered as I finished putting the bandage back around his head.

Sasuke sighed and turned around. ''You aren't going on any missions for some time, right?''

''I don't know.'' I mumbled as I stood up, getting off the bed. ''If I'm given a mission anytime soon, then I have to go.''

Sasuke furrowed his eyebrows, obviously displeased with the answer I gave him. I understood that he didn't want me to go. It was true I've been a bit reckless lately, and one little screw-up could result in my death. It all depended on the person I'd face.

''I promise to be careful.'' I said as I adjusted the bandages a bit. ''But in return, you also need to make the same promise.''

Sasuke sighed again. ''Fine, I promise.''

I chuckled and retreated my hands. ''I need to meet up with Izuna. I see you later, okay?''

Sasuke merely nodded and shortly after, I left the room. He had become quite protective. I understood he lost people close to him, but he's acting like I'm going to die as well. I know that there are people out there who are stronger than me, but there were more people who were weaker than me. I was trained by my own father, who is one of the strongest shinobi that ever existed. Even though Sasuke was just a little bit stronger than me, he was still underestimating me.

I grunted. Just putting him at ease would do for now. Sasuke wasn't my boss, and I simply did as I pleased. Of course I'd be more careful, but he's not going to stop me from going on missions or just going outside.

I was just about to knock on Izuna's door, when nobody but himself opened it. I grin appeared on his face. ''Yo.'' he greeted me. ''How did it go?''

''Good.'' I answered as Izuna closed the door behind him.

''Let's go to the living room.'' Izuna said as he began to walk down the hallway. I quickly went after him. ''How was Suki?'' Izuna asked while looking at my with curiousity in his eyes.

''She was fine.'' I replied. ''She wasn't discovered yet and she didn't seem unhappy.''

Izuna hummed in response and smiled softly. I knew he missed her. So did I. Even though we may not always have been on the same page and even though we were very different from each other, we were still siblings. Izuna, Suki and I.

It was pretty weird to not have her around. We all grew up together 17 years long. We may have been slowly getting more and more separared, going all our own way, we still saw each other almost every day. And now only Izuna and I were here.

''Ne, Kaira?''

''Hmm?''

''I've been thinking..'' Izuna murmured. ''What about you?''

''What about me?'' I asked, not quite understanding what he meant.

Izuna sighed and stopped. ''Suki has left, Rai is gone, just like many others. We both know there will be more casualties. Are you going too? Or are you intending to stay here?''

I bit my lip, pondering about how to answer his question. I already told Sasuke I'd be joining his team some time, but it had fallen apart. Karin was captured, and Suigetsu and Juugo were also gone. 'Well, I have to admit that it crossed my mind. I don't want to stay here all my life.''

''So you're leaving the Akatsuki?''

''Not yet, but I am going to.'' I replied.

Izuna chuckled. ''So you're going to leave me, too?''

''No.'' I grunted, nudging him with my elbow so he'd stop smiling so sadly. ''I'm not leaving you behind idiot.'' I muttered. ''You're going to come with me.''

Sasuke's POV.

I buried my nails in my palms once a severe pain shot through my eyes. I could feel the warm and sticky blood on my fingers as I held them against my eyes.

Just when the bandages fell off, my eyes didn't hurt as much as I expected them to. The sunlight was bright, and I felt this slightly burning feeling in my eyes. My sight was still pretty hazy, and it was hard to see things clearly, but I could see.

But it was wrong of me to try to activate my Sharingan. Just the normal one caused already great pain, and I immediately had to deactivate it. My eyes began to bleed in an instant, and they are still a bit hurting. I was too hastily and too greedy, and this was the result. My eyes may have been healing, but activating the Sharingan was something I could better forget for a few more days.

Hearing the door open, I inwardly cursed. I already knew it was Kaira.

''Sasuke?'' she whispered, and I heard footsteps quickly nearing. Soon, I felt two hands on the sides of my face. ''What happened?'' she asked as she gently moved my hand out of the way so she could look at my closed eyes.

When I didn't answer, I heard Kaira sigh and the warmth of her hands left my face. I heard her walk into the bathroom, and a few seconds after that, I heard water running. When she returned, I felt a wet cloth against the skin around my eyes. She was wiping the blood. ''Idiot.'' she grunted. ''What were you thinking?''

As she gently continued her actions, we both remained silent. Her question was left unanswered once again, but I just didn't feel like replying. When I felt Kaira's fingers brush against my cheek, I raised my head a little, yet I kept my eyes closed.

''I'm going to get some new bandages.'' Kaira muttered softly as she stood up. ''I'll be back in a bit.''

I nodded in reply, not knowing if she saw it or not. When I didn't hear the door close, I knew she left it open.

I noticed we were growing closer, Kaira and I. When our relationship first started, things were a bit awkward sometimes, especially for Kaira. But now we were together almost all the time. Of course we also spent time away from each other. We both needed time alone too, it was something we were used to after all.

When I heard the door close and footsteps near, I knew Kaira was back. The sheets rustled and I felt the bed dip in slightly. ''Look this way.''

Turning my face to the way her voice came from, I felt her hands cupping my cheeks as she moved my head a bit more toward her. I shut my eyes more tightly once I felt the fabric of the bandages being tied around my head. She didn't bind it too firmly, but just right. After she tied the knot, she retreated her hands. ''I'm done.''

''Thanks.'' I muttered as I brought my hand to my eyes to fumble the bandage.

''I still need to take ca-'' ''Come here.'' I interrupted her.

''I already am here.'' Kaira murmured, sounding a bit confused.

''Closer.''

After hearing her sigh, she moved closer to me and I felt her arm brush against mine. Knowing where exactly she was now, I snaked my arm around her waist to pull her even closer while I tried to reach for her face with my other hand.

Kaira snorted and I felt her pull at the collar of my shirt as she drew me closer to her. Feeling pressure on my lips, I also felt a hand on my shoulder. It didn't take long for me to return the kiss as I placed my hand on her neck.

Just when I was about to tilt her head a bit, the door was abruptly pushed open. Kaira pulled away. ''Izuna.'' she grunted. ''I told you I'd be coming soon.''

I heard Izuna laugh. ''Ahw, don't be like that.'' he chuckled. ''Are you coming or not?''

''Where are you going?'' I asked as I grabbed the wrist of the hand that was still resting on my shoulder.

''Outside to train with Izuna.'' Kaira replied as she removed her hand from my shoulder as I let her go. ''We'll be done in an hour or so.''

''Kaira.'' Izuna whined.

Kaira grumbled. ''Yeah yeah, calm down. You'll be fine, right Sasuke?''

''Yes.'''

''Alright. Then I'll be back.'' Kaira said and she pressed a quick kiss to my lips before she turned around and left with Izuna.