Chapter 61. Ice.

Sorry for the long wait! There's a chance there will be a few mistakes in this chapter. I don't remember well what happened in the previous ones but I don't think you guys do remember cause it's been a long time since I last updated. Anyway, I hope you enjoy!

Izuna's POV.

I held Kaira tighter against me when the ground began to shake once again. I didn't know what was going on there, but I knew it was something big. We already almost got caught up in dad's jutsu. I didn't want us to get involved in this war any further, but we needed to get Suki back. She had probably already fallen victim to the jutsu, just like the majority of the people, but that wouldn't stop me.

It really bothered me to leave her behind, but I trusted Sasuke and his friends with the task to defeat Madara. Both Kaira and I couldn't do anything to help anymore, but I still planned to go there. Even though Kaira told me not to go, I was still going.

I only had one job now.

Protecting Kaira and Suki.

Of course, I couldn't fight anymore, but I could still help wounded people and look for Suki. I actually wanted to do this all along, but my priority was getting Kaira into safety, but I couldn't leave her behind in this state. That'd be even more dangerous. I needed to protect her.

Suki and Kaira were the only ones I had left. Most of the others who were dear to me were already dead or were about to die. I didn't know where mom was, if she's indeed supporting Madara, or if she also turned against him. Maybe she ran away with the others to avoid getting involved. She could already be dead by now. Everything was possible. I didn't know, but I really hoped that she was safe.

More tremors followed, and I slowly stood up. Putting Kaira over my shoulder wasn't an option because of her slightly round stomach, so I carried her in my arms. I turned around to face the direction where the fight was taking place. Even from this distance, I could see that the fight had somewhat calmed down.

No more tremors or bangs.

It was like the fight had come to a stop.

If that was so, then there was all the more reason for me to go there.

Kaira's POV.

I squeezed my eyes tightly closed when I felt that my body was being moved. Even though I was held pretty gently, the person didn't move exactly carefully. My eyes opened and I blinked a few times when the sun shone right into my face. It hurt. My eyes still hurt a bit, but it was bearable. After getting used to the large amount of light, I was able to see clearly, and thus also saw the person who was carrying me

''..Izuna?''

Izuna stopped immediately and looked down. ''Kaira!'' He exclaimed, looking both surprised and relieved. ''How are you feeling?''

I sighed and leaned my head against his shoulder. ''I'm tired,'' I muttered. ''And my eyes hurt,''

Izuna smiled. ''Keep them closed it that helps.'' He said softly as he continued to walk. ''I'm carrying you so you can just get some rest. You really need it.''

I nodded but kept my eyes open. ''Where are we going?"

I saw him hesitate before speaking, which worried me a bit. ''We're going to get Suki.''

My eyes widened. ''W-Wait! It's too dangerous for us to go! We'll be killed!''

''We're not going to fight.'' He explained, trying to calm me down. ''We're only going there to get Suki back. As soon as it gets too dangerous, we'll leave, okay?"

I gritted my teeth. ''Like we're in any state to flee.''

''I planned to go alone, but you were unconscious and I couldn't leave you behind,'' Izuna said. ''You also want to get her back, right? Don't tell me you actually want to leave her behind?"

He shouldn't have said that.

Angrily, I pushed him away, and he was forced to put me down. When my feet touched the uneven ground, I needed a moment to keep my balance. I felt dizzy and everything was swirling, but I didn't let it affect me.

''Kaira!'' Izuna exclaimed as he grabbed my shoulders. ''You need to rest!''

I slapped his hands away and stepped back, somehow still standing. ''I'm fine!" I barked. ''And of course, I don't want to leave Suki behind! She's our sister and I love her!'' I paused shortly to catch my breath. ''But if we have to risk our lives to save her, I rather leave her safety in someone else's hands. Even if we manage to get her back, she'd still be affected by the jutsu, so we'd only have her shell.''

Izuna looked away. ''I know that! I know that we can't save her from the jutsu, but I tasked myself with the job to protect her and get her back. Sasuke and the others need to defeat the enemy to undo the jutsu. We all have our own jobs!'' He yelled. ''Or do you want to watch from the sidelines, feeling helpless and letting them do all the work?!''

I gritted my teeth again. Of course, I'd rather do something than just watch, but we just couldn't do anything.

''Even if we can't do something now, we can still do plenty of things when Madara is defeated,'' Izuna said, now speaking softly. ''Are you in, or not?''

''No fighting?"

Izuna grinned. ''No fighting, just helping. We need to make up for our sins, don't we?''

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. ''You're such an idiot,'' I muttered. I couldn't believe that after running from that place, we were now going back there, but I couldn't hide a smile. ''I'm in.''

Izuna laughed and walked at me. ''Let's go then.'' He said. ''Since it's too far to walk for you, get on my back.''

''If I do that, we're even slower,'' I mumbled.

''I have an idea,'' Izuna grinned mischievously. ''But you need to hang on tightly.''

''What are you going to do?'' I asked confused. ''You're almost out of chakra, you can't summon your Susanoo anymore.''

''I'm going to use a jutsu which requires much less chakra than my Susanoo,'' Izuna said. ''So get on my back.''

I sighed in defeat and did as he said. When I was on his back, he let go of my legs and I wrapped them tighter around his waist so I wouldn't fall. ''And now?'' I asked.

I heard Izuna chuckle and he put his hands together, doing a few hand signs. A few seconds later, he spewed out a large amount of water. The water came far, and I looked down at Izuna. He was doing a few hand signs again.

I had never seen this combination before and thus didn't know this jutsu. ''I practiced a lot!" Izuna boasted, sounding awfully pride, and later, I could understand that pride.

My eyes widened when the water froze. A path of ice appeared before us. A path that would lead to the battlefield.

''Mom's Kekkei Genkai..''