Chapter 60. Pathetic.

I feel so incredibly guilty for updating so late. I was very busy, like two weeks ago, but I admit that I could've written this in the much free time I had after. I just didn't have any motivation >.< and if I don't have any motivation, the chapter will be crappy, just like most of the chapters of this story XD

It literally took me 3 hours to find the right manga chapter and episode to look what I had to use for this story next. I hate the fillers. Even though I was told they were good (I honestly don't think so) I don't watch them. I have more important things to do in my life (not really tho. I actually live quite a pointless life.. hehe)

Not a really long chapter because I have piano lessons in a few hours and I still haven't learnt the song I was supposed to learn -_- I also don't want to keep you guys waiting any longer.

Also, I know Sasuke was able to block the light with his Susanoo because he had the Rinnegan. Kaira and Izuna should have been affected right away because they don't have the Rinnegan, but this is fanFICTION so I can fictionalize fiction... (wtf am I saying? I don't even understand myself :/)

Kaira's POV.

''The moon!" Izuna exclaimed. ''It's started!''

I looked up into the sky and saw a red moon. Upon the sight, I gritted my teeth. ''If they are affected, it's all over.'' I whispered. ''And we'll be affected too.''

''Kaira, can you look at what''s going on there?'' Izuna asked. ''I can't use my Sharingan for a while.''

I nodded and activated my Sharingan. I couldn't see it very well, but I could see the chakra of multiple people. A big group was further away from Madara, while a smaller group was close. I also saw a sort of shield, and I quickly realised that it was Sasuke's Susanoo. He was using that to shield them from the moon? Would it even work?

I blinked and took a deep breath before I summoned my Susanoo. I couldn't manipulate its form so well as Sasuke did, but I could at least try to protect Izuna and myself from the jutsu that was about to be spelled.

''What are you doing?'' Izuna asked hastily. ''You're not going there, you know.''

''They're using Sasuke's Susanoo as a shield.'' I explained. ''Probably to protect themselves from the moon's effect. I'd rather have my eyes hurt bit while trying to protect us than doing nothing and be affected by that man's jutsu.''

Izuna didn't like it, but he didn't object either.

He knew we had no choice.

Suddenly, the moon began to shine like a sun and I squinted my eyes. The light couldn't really penetrate my grey Susanoo, but I felt myself being pulled into that jutsu a bit.  I turned around, turning my back to the moon and blinked a few times, hoping that this feeling would decrease, but it didn't work.

The light had only one source; the moon behind me, but it seemed like the light could reach every place possible. Also this pain. My whole body hurt this much already just from using the Susanoo for a few seconds. How was Sasuke able to do this? Wasn't he suffering?

I could feel my will slowly being taken away, and it was like I was slowly falling into sleep. The Susanoo was able to block only a bit, but not enough to protect us from being exposed to the light.

That bastard. Madara knew we were here. Didn't he care anymore at all? Was he also letting us get caught up in it? We betrayed him, but he also betrayed our trust. I hated him. I hated him so much, yet it was weird to think of how I'd feel if he were to die. Would I happy? Would I even care? I didn't know.

I just wanted him to suffer for what he did, and I wanted him to realise he didn't have to do this, but for that to happen, he needed to be alive. Letting him get away with death was one thing I wouldn't allow him to do. Also, because he's my father, whether I like it or not. He was the person I once looked up to, and now he's turned into this.

A monster obsessed with power and might, but he was still...

I bit my lip and felt a tear roll down my cheek.

I still cared, didn't I?

Izuna's POV.

I heard Kaira pant.

She was worn out. She fled from the base after an attack, walked a long distance to reach us, and now she was protecting both me and herself from the jutsu that was being cast.

The pain she was experiencing now must be horrible. I also felt it, and my body still tingles. But that didn't matter now. I was incredibly worried about my sister. That pain could be felt in every cell of her body, and she was carrying a child. Wouldn't it be damaging to keep letting her do this?

I rather end up having a long dream I might not wake up from than letting her have a miscarriage. Even if we wouldn't wake up anymore, the child would have more chance of survival.

But for now, I needed to protect her, and fast.

Even though my body and eyes still hurt, I activated my Sharingan and summoned my Susanoo.  This should take care of any light leaking in. Or that was what I thought.

The double layer of Susanoo didn't help at all. It was like a pulling rope game between staying awake and being pulled into a dream.

I sighed in relief when he light slowly disappeared, and it became night again. Both of our Susanoo faded away and my face contorted in pain. My eyes widened when I saw Kaira falling over, not being able to stand on her feet anymore, and I quickly pulled her against me, letting both of us fall over with her on top of me.

I also didn't have any strength left now, having just used up the energy I spared up when Kaira had activated her Sharingan. I took a deep breath and looked down to my sister. Her eyes were closed, but they were bleeding. I chewed on the inside of my cheek and kissed her head, holding her close. ''I'm sorry, Kaira.'' I whispered. ''For not being able to protect you on my own.''

I didn't want to involve Kaira into this war, but now she risked her eyesight, her life, and possibly also the life od her child to protect me. She may not have realized it herself, but it was true.

I pursed my lips and wiped the blood from Kaira's face. ''I'm pathetic.''