Chapter 39.

Sasuke's POV.

When I woke up this morning, Kaira wasn't in my room anymore. It was still early, so I wondered where she went. If she left the base again..

After I put my shirt back on and put the cloth back around my waist with a rope, I left my room. I really hoped she didn't leave. I wanted to get going again, to the Five Kage Summit, and I didn't have the time to wait for someone who wandered off.

We only needed to stop at a hotel for the night once more before we would reach our destination, and Kaira wanted to go back tomorrow. I doubted she would go back to where everyone else was. That was pretty far away now. I bet she would go to the closest Akatsuki hideout, and head back from there after staying there for a while.

I was just about to go to the kitchen when I heard the sound of swords clashing. Narrowing my eyes, I decided to go to the training grounds instead. I didn't think Kaira would be training so early in the morning, but couldn't help but be slightly amused when I saw her practising with Suigetsu.

It looked like she listened to what I said, about needing experience. Kaira was strong, I couldn't deny that, but she didn't fought many opponents, and thus didn't know how to fight people with an extraordinary fighting style. That's very disadvantageous.

They didn't seem to notice me as I kept watching them, seeing Suigetsu having a hard time. I couldn't blame him. Kaira is almost on par with me, but she wasn't that good if it came to hand-to-hand combat. Kaira isn't an opponent who is easy to defeat, and she could still become even stronger.

But now I was thinking about her, I thought back of yesterday. What did she wanted to tell me? I forgot to ask her after I accidentally woke her up.

''Ah, Sasuke!'' Suigetsu grinned.

Kaira turned around and sheathed her katana once she saw me. ''How long were you there?''

''A minute or so.'' I answered. ''About yesterday, do you still want to talk about it?''

Kaira averted her gaze as she walked toward the exit. ''Not now.''

Izuna's POV.

''Are you sure you're feeling alright?''

I grinned and stood up from the bed in the infirmary. ''I'm fine.''

Mom smiled, but it wasn't really a happy smile. ''Be careful. Those guys might still walk around.''

I nodded and pulled mom into a hug, which she already quickly returned. ''You should worry more about yourself.'' I muttered. ''I'll look out for myself, and for Kaira as well.''

I pulled away and grabbed my bag that was lying on the nightstand. ''I'll be going now.''

Kaira's POV.

I looked at Sasuke's back as he ran in front of me. It was snowing pretty hard, so we had to stick together to make sure no one wandered off. I tightened the cloak around me and shuddered slightly. It was really cold, and this chilly wind was only making it worse.

We've been running for already three hours. I wasn't tired yet, but it became hard to get a good grip on the branches without slipping, and I could hardly feel my fingers.

''We're going to take a short break.'' Sasuke announced, pointing at a small cave. We all jumped off the branches onto the ground, and followed Sasuke into the cave. It wasn't a deep once, and I could easily see the end.

Everyone sat down in the corner, while I was closer to the exit, distancing myself from them. It's not like they like me anyway, and the other way around.

Seeing a branch lying close to me, I took it and shook the snow off of it, letting it fall to the ground in front of me after. If we were going to stay here for a few minutes, I could warm myself a little bit up before I'd freeze to death.

I did a fire technique and let the branch burn. I sighed contentedly as I put my hands close to it. I wasn't really paying attention to the others, until I felt someone sit down next to me. ''Hello.'' Suigetsu grinned. ''You don't mind if I sit here, do you?''

I shook my head. ''Not really.''

Of all the members of Taka except for Sasuke, I liked Suigetsu the best. He was nice to have around, didn't constantly fangirl or worry. He was easygoing, but sometimes he could be a huge dork.

I noticed Sasuke looking at me, and looked up from the fire. I didn't really know how to describe the way he was looking at me, but it send small shivers down my spine. Looking away from him, I focused on the flames again.

Izuna's POV.

It took a few hours, but I was finally here. I may be a bit early, but that didn't matter. Kaira would probably arrive at this base tomorrow, so I was pretty lonely till then. Dad sent me to this place. Once Kaira came back, she and I had to complete a mission. It was just an easy one, nothing to worry about. That is, if we would not be found out.

Those people we would have to spy on are crazy. They poisoned me and Kuri, and killed Rai. Not only that, they also killed our spies. Dad thought to have found their hideout, and now Kaira and I have to go check it out.

Mom didn't want me to go at first. It's true that I'm not 100% yet, but it's not like I would collapse during the mission. I was feeling fine so that was good.

Sasuke's POV.

I stood up. ''We're going again.''

Everyone got up as well, and Kaira put out the fire she made before by throwing some snow on it. If only she brought some other clothes with her. Some shorts and t-shirts with a cloak wouldn't keep her warm for a long time.

We still had to travel for about 4 hours before we would reach the hotel, and that hotel would be in the last town we would see before we arrive at the Land of Iron.

From there on, we had to go straight to the Five Kage Summit. Danzou would pay for what he made Itachi go through. With his life.