Chapter 37. Solicitude

Kaira's POV.

I watched Jun fly away with the message I entrusted him with. I had to inform dad about this. This black cross group was targeting us, but what was their goal? Eliminating the Akatsuki? And then what?Sighing loudly, I headed back to the base we were currently staying in.

My shirt was partly covered in the blood of that man. I couldn't let his body lying there, so I buried it, along with the bodies of the two spies. If someone from a village were to find those bodies, they might try to find out what happened and it'll be harder to move freely if enemies were roaming around.

Just when I entered the hideout, I saw Sasuke leaning against the wall, his eyes closed. It didn't look long for that irritation from earlier to come back. He must have been waiting for me, which he didn't have to do.''What happened?''

''Nothing important.'' I answered indifferently.Sasuke's dark eyes opened, looking straight into mine. I felt a shiver go down my spine, but I ignored it and countered his glare with one of my own. ''Stop trying to get involved with something that doesn't have anything to do with you.'' I muttered as I passed him.I heard footsteps behind me, making it rather clear that he was following me. Now, he was really getting on my nerves.

Why did he act like that? Why did it matter to him?Quickening my pace, I tried to get rid of him, but I should have known it wouldn't be that easy.I gasped when his rough hand suddenly grabbed my arm firmly, and pulled me with him into a room.

Sasuke wasn't holding my arm anymore, and closed the door.''Sasuke, what the hell is your problem?!'' I hissed angrily. No response, that is, until he suddenly walked at me and pushed my back against one of the walls.Sasuke was right in front of me, holding my shoulders so tightly that it almost hurt, but I wouldn't let him see. Narrowing my eyes, I even hardened my glare, but it didn't seem to affect him.

''My problem?'' Sasuke asked coldly, his voice void of emotions. ''My problem is that you run off without telling me where you're going.''

''Why do you care? It had nothing do to with you!'' I growled as I tried to free myself, but it was no use. Sasuke was stronger than me and grabbed my wrists, pinning them to the wall on each side of my head. He held them so tightly that I knew he was going to leave bruises.

''I don't care if it has anything to do with me or not!'' My eyes widened. Sasuke wasn't someone who would raise his voice easily, but now he was yelling at me. ''You are being targeted, and you keep running off alone. What if something happens to you, and I'm not there?! Do you even realize the situation you're in?!'' he continued. Did he feel responsible for my safety? I never thought he's feel that way. I just assumed he thought I couldn't take care of myself.

''I don't want to lose you too..'' he whispered, loosening the grip on my wrists. ''So I refuse to let you out of my sight.''

''Sasuke...'' I muttered. I knew losing Itachi was hard after he learned the truth, but I didn't know he was be so protective over me.Sasuke let go of me, and took a step back, but I quickly grabbed his arm and swiftly pulled him into an embrace. I wrapped my arms tightly around him, and buried my face in the crook of his neck. ''You should have told me you felt that way, idiot.'' I mumbled as I felt Sasuke return the hug.

He said nothing, neither of us did, as we kept standing like that for some time. It was comfortable, but then Sasuke ended the embrace by letting me go. I wasn't really happy by the sudden lack of warmth since it was pretty cold in the base, but Sasuke didn't seem to notice.

He was still standing in front of me, looking down on me. I hated it how he was taller than me despite being younger than me. His coal black eyes were gazing into mine as he stepped closer to me.

Sasuke's POV.

She could be such an idiot sometimes. Was she that oblivious?

I saw Kaira's eyes flicker to my lips once I stood right before her. I couldn't help but be slightly amused by her action, and leaned in. Covering her lips with my own, I kissed her softly. But when I felt Kaira run her hands through my hair, I longed for a bit more.

The kiss, that started off gentle and slow, became now more passionate and rough. Kaira could hardly keep up as she held the fabric of my shirt tightly. Deciding to let her breathe for a second, I pulled away. Kaira's face was flushed and the kiss had left her speechless.It didn't take long for me to continue where we left off, and I pressed my lips against hers again. I brushed my tongue against her bottom lip, and, hesitantly, Kaira parted her lips, granting me access. Tilting her head for a better angle, I deepened the kiss even more. Kaira staggered slightly on her feet even though she had her arms wrapped around my neck. Was this becoming too much for her?

Gently placing my right hand on the small of her back, I held her steadily in her place, while I put my other hand against the back of her neck. Her lips were so soft. It was intoxicating. We were both panting softly after I pulled away. Kaira's eyes were half-lidded as she weakly held onto my shirt. And this tension..

Kaira's POV.

It left me breathless. My lips were tingling, and also a bit swollen from the bruising kiss. Even though Sasuke and I were both not very experienced in kissing, he did damn well. My eyes flickered to his lips again, but at the same time, I felt a bit scared. Of what? I didn't know.''Sasuke..''

He lifted his head, and his black eyes stared into mine. I felt myself shiver once I saw something in his eyes for a second. He opened his mouth, but before he could speak any words, a knock on the door cut him off. ''Sasuke, are you in there?'' I heard Juugo ask. ''Zetsu wants to talk to you.''

Sasuke sighed irritably and let out a grunt, obviously displeased with the interruption. His eyes went back to me. ''I'll see you later.'' he mumbled before pecking my lips. When he distanced himself from me, I grunted at the lack of warmth.

Sasuke left the room, and I slowly glided down the wall, touching my lips. This kiss was so different from our previous ones. My face felt hot and I ran a hand through my hair. My mind went blank just a moment ago. I couldn't think straight anymore, and gave in to Sasuke pretty easily, but how couldn't I?

Damn you, Sasuke. What are you doing to me?