Chapter 63. A Home.

As Kaira was running back to where she and Izuna met the Kages, the ground began to shake once again. Having nobody to lean on this time, she almost lost her balance but managed to keep standing on her feet.

Huge round rocks floated in the air, rising into the sky. Kaira only needed second to recognize them. She could remember seeing her father doing such a jutsu before, but he couldn't be the one who was doing this now. After all, Hashirama said that Madara wouldn't survive, so there was no way he had the chakra left to pull off something like this.

Kaira didn't know who else was there besides Sasuke, but she somehow knew it was him. She wanted to see him so bad. After this stupid war, she only wanted to embrace him again. Even though it had only been a few days since he left, to her, it was like months had passed. Kaira knew that he'd be fine, but at the same time, she couldn't stop worrying. He fought against great foes; Kaguya and Madara. There was no way those battles left him unscathed. Kaira needed to make sure that he was alright.

And that was exactly what she was going to do.

When the shaking stopped, she resumed. The exhaustion was getting to her, but she kept running. Her legs felt numb and she felt her knees trembling with every step she took, like they could give in at any moment. It was sheer willpower that kept her going.

Slowly, the landscape began to change slightly. The ground was uneven, and pointy rocks were sticking out. This was, without doubt, the work of Sasuke, who let those builders float. Climbing over the obstacles, Kaira came closer and closer to the place where Sasuke was supposed to be. She felt her chest tighten at the thought.

Of all the people who were close to her, only Suki, Izuna and Sasuke survived. The rest were either dead or their state was unknown, but the chance was big that they weren't alive anymore. Even though almost everyone from the Allied Forced was attached to the tree, still all in their own dreams, they had won the war. That meant that all their enemies were defeated, including the remaining members of the Akatsuki. Kaira, Suki and Izuna were the only ones left, but they weren't siding with the organisation anymore.

How others would look at them was something Kaira didn't have to ask. She already knew. She knew that people despised her, and that they hated her and her siblings for what they've done. Kaira could do anything they'd ask for, but it would never make up for her sin. The only one who could make things right was Suki.

Kaira sighed and climbed on another rock, and she felt her heart ache when she saw a black-haired male lying before her. His eyes were closed and his body was covered in wounds and bruises. Unconsciously, she reached out to touch his face, but her movements froze when she heard a voice.

''He's dead.''

Looking up, she saw the man she'd seen before at the bridge some time ago. The one with the grey hair and the head protector that covered one of his eyes. He was together with the girl with the pink hair, who was also there that time. The only two that were missing from the encounter at the bridge were Sasuke and Naruto, the jinchuuriki.

''Did you come to back him up?'' The man asked, his eyes narrowing, throwing a glance at the girl, who was unconscious for some reason.

Kaira slowly shook her head and looked around some more, checking if Sasuke really wasn't here. ''I didn't come here for him.'' She mumbled softly. ''Where's Sasuke?''

The man seemed to relax a bit, understanding that I wasn't such a big threat as he thought I was. ''He's having a final battle with Naruto.'' He answered. ''You shouldn't interfere.''

Kaira slowly walked past Madara's corpse, leaving him behind, and walked at the man, letting herself tumble down onto the hard ground right next to him. ''Like I can do anything the way I am now.'' She whispered. Kaira couldn't deny it. She was very disappointed. After looking forward to seeing him again, it seemed that Sasuke had already run off to have yet another fight. Once again, Kaira was powerless; she couldn't do anything.

Kaira bit her lip in frustration and looked at the man, seeing him stare at her. He was obviously keeping his guard up, which was understandable, but at the moment, Kaira just had enough. Enough of everything.

''I won't do anything.'' She sighed, looking at the ground. ''I'm not you enemy. Not anymore, at least.''

''Sasuke is at the moment an enemy, sort of. Aren't you siding with him?" The man asked suspiciously.

She shook her head again, but then began to hesitate, so she shrugged instead. ''I do support Sasuke, but I don't share his ideals.'' Kaira replied. ''I don't stop him from doing what he wants though. I do state my opinion sometimes, which differs from his, but I mostly let him do as he pleases.''

''You say you don't always agree with him. So what do you think of the fight he is having now?''

Kaira pursed her lips, not sure of how to answer his question. ''I understand that it must be important to him, to face Naruto, but I rather have him stop. Sasuke has suffered enough.'' she mumbled. ''He deserved to live peacefully now. No violence anymore.''

The man didn't say anything anymore. Kaira was sure he knew what she meant, but maybe he couldn't understand it fully. His view on Sasuke is different from hers after all.

Kaira sighed softly and looked down at the ground. Even though the majority saw Sasuke as a villain who needed punishment, she saw him as a victim who needed to be saved. Saved from his feelings of revenge and sadness. She wanted him to be free from negativity and suffering, even though she knew those feelings would haunt him even after all this.

After all this...

Her hand went from the stone ground to her stomach when she began to feel a bit nauseous. With her fingertips, she softly massaged her skin through my clothes.

After all this.. Even though they didn't have a place to return to; a base or a house, Kaira felt like Sasuke had only one place to go to. It was selfish of her to think like that, but it was the truth. Even without a house, there could still be a home.

Kaira pressed the palm of her hand against the small bump. Both this small kid and Kaira needed him, so after all this..

She wanted Sasuke to come home.

----------------

Please read this below

-Sorry for the long wait again. I'm just terrible at updating frequently.

-More importantly, I'm looking for a proofreader!

*Are you from England, the US or any other country and have English as native language, and are you interested in helping me out?

*I have currently 2 stories I update every 2-3 weeks, and also a one-shot now and then.

*Just correcting grammar and spelling mistakes, and also giving tips, advice or suggestions (if you want)

*Unfortunately, I can't give you anything in return, but I hope you don't mind. (maybe a shout-out? Not many people see it but it can be a way for me to express my gratitude)

Why I want this? I know my English isn't that bad, but I really want it to be in good English. So if you're interested or if you have any questions, just message me! :)