Chapter 38.

Kaira's POV.

After washed my shirt, which was slighty stained with blood, I left it to dry and took a long warm shower to get myself cleaned up. While doing so, I thought about everything Sasuke said the last few weeks. About my dad, the Akatsuki, and about me.

When he first said that Madara was using me to reach his own goals, I didn't know what to think of it, but after giving it a lot of thought, I was slowly going to think he was right.I knew my father wasn't one of the good guys in this world, but he did raise me. I could never hate him, but I wasn't looking up to him either. He taught me everything I know.

He could be very strict and his lessons were pretty rigorous. There were countless times he told me to keep going while I was at my limit, but he did make me into the person I am today. And I was grateful to him for that.But there were also countless times I wondered how it was to live a village. Having to go to the academy, being placed in a team with a sensei. I didn't know what would be better; this life, or the one in the village.

I knew I wouldn't be this strong if I was raised in a village, but I am a criminal now. I had to follow orders and complete missions to we would have something to eat every day .I knew the things I did were bad, but there was no going back. I committed too many sins, unlike Suki. She wasn't even a murderer, and only completed small missions, like stealing a scroll.

Did I feel guilty for what I did? Not really. The people I have killed deserved it. I killed them with a reason. They were a threat to the people I hold dear. Besides, the blood on my hands is the blood of the people who were criminals themselves.

Dad lived in a village before he left, and he told me he didn't have a really good experience with living like that. Maybe he was just assuming the same would happen to us.

But dad was acting a bit strange lately. He was more stressed and busy than ever. I knew something big was coming, but dad never informed me about it.

Turning off the faucet, I grabbed a towel and dried myself, wrapping the cloth around me after. The shirt I washed was still moist, so I decided to only put on my tank top. .Even though it was a bit short, it wasn't too exposing. After putting on some shorts and brushing my hair, I left the bathroom.

I wanted to look for Sasuke, to ask for his opinion. He may have already given it, but I wanted to know what I should do. Hearing voices in the hallway, I knew what way to go. The hallways were dark, and a funny smell hung around the place. It was weird to think that Sasuke lived here with Orochimaru. This place was horrible.

The voices became louder, and it didn't take long to reach the room where Sasuke and Zetsu were. When I peeked into the room, I saw Zetsu, Juugo and Sasuke standing around a table with some sort of map in the middle of it. Candlelight flickered, casting long shadows on the wall and floor. They didn't seem to notice me as they looked like they were consulting.

Juugo was the first one to notice me. He was the only one who didn't have his back turned to me after all. ''Kaira?''

Now, Sasuke and Zetsu turned around, looking at me as well.

''Sasuke.. Can I talk to you for a bit?'' I asked softly. I wanted to talk to him alone. If Zetsu knew about me beginning to doubt dad and the Akatsuki, he would tell dad for sure. And it just didn't have anything to do with Juugo.

Sasuke narrowed his eyes, knowing something was bothering me. I noticed a tired look in his eyes as he sighed. ''Wait in my room, I'll be there in a bit.'''

I nodded slowly and Zetsu sent me a suspicious look before turning back to the table. I walked away from the room, heading to Sasuke's instead. It was still hard to find the way around here. It was like a labyrinth, but I knew about where Sasuke's room was.