Chapter 33. Fears.

I'm not really satisfied about this chapter, but after 33 chapters, your inspiration runs out.

Kaira's POV.

Why did I feel this way? I knew I could lose people close to my at any moment, and I thought I was ready for that, that I was prepared for that. I would only grief if people who were really close to me die, like Itachi. But Rai? We never really talked, or did something together, like real family would, so why did I feel this way? Was it because of Itachi, because Rai was his son? Or Asuki? She had lost her husband already, and now she was about to lose her son as well?

And if Rai was dead, then what? Who would be the next one to die? Who is going to come this time to try to kill or kidnap us? Poison us or turn us in? Bounty hunters again? Or those guys who attacked Izuna? And why didn't dad do anything? The only thing he did was sitting on his ass, waiting for the next victim to die. And what could I do? I wanted to stop this, but I couldn't do it on my own? But it isn't likely that someone would go with me. Izuna is recovering, Suki'll leave. Mom is sick, Asuki is depressed, Shisui disliked me, Rai is going to die, Kuri is recovering as well, Deidara and Yuki are staying with Kuri, dad needs to look after all these guys, and Kisame wasn't here at the moment, just like Obito. The only ones left were Sasuke and his team, but they didn't have a reason to help me, the Akatsuki. They already did their job for this organisation, even though they failed.

''Kaira.''

I stopped, and looked over my shoulder, seeing Sasuke behind me. ''Where are you going?'' he asked. When I didn't answer, Sasuke sighed. ''I can tell you're

afraid. But instead of running away, you should face it.''

I snorted. ''I'm not afraid. And I'm not running away from anything.''

Sasuke raised an eyebrow, slowly walking at me. ''Are you sure about that?''

Was he mocking me? What should I be running away from? What should I be afraid of. The enemies who attacked Izuna, Kuri and Rai?

''Fear of death.''

My eyes widened, and I felt my chest tighten. I suddenly felt this weird feeling in my stomach. Fear? Afraid to die? Fear of death? Rai, Sasori, Itachi.. mom. Was Sasuke right? It's true that I hadn't accepted that mom would die when I first heard. I didn't want to accept it. I didn't want her to die, and I still didn't want her to. Sasori and Itachi's deaths were so suddenly, and it sure took time for me to progress it all.

''Am I right?''

I raised my head to glare at Sasuke, who was looking at me calmly. How could he be acting like that after saying that. He knew how I must feel now, and yet he looks like he doesn't care? I felt anger bubble up inside me, but couldn't bring myself to bring my fist to his face. That would be how I would normally react, so why was this anger turning into sadness?

Sasuke sighed and walked at me. ''You don't have to look at me like that.'' he muttered. ''It's not bad to be afraid of it. Everyone is. I lost my whole clan in one night. That was sight I rather never see again.''

What was I thinking? Getting mad at him for being right? Or was I just mad about being wrong for once? I got mad at him, while I didn't have the right to. Sasuke lost far more people in his life than I have. He must feel more miserable than me.