Chapter 56. Loss.

Chapter got deleted right after I finished it. If Wattpad had an undo button, things would be much more convenient. Anyway, I don't know how long the war lasted. It seems to take just one day, but that's kinda impossible so..

Kaira's POV.

Three days have passed since Sasuke left, and I was beginning to grow restless. Not because I was worried. Sasuke was strong, so I knew he'd be fine, but I was restless because I was still in the base. I hated it to be left out. It was dangerous for me to fight, I knew that, but I wasn't intending to fight. I just wanted to watch. I didn't want to stay here.

Nobody I could talk to was at the hideout as well. Zetsu was killed, which I didn't really care about, and then Asuki, Shisui and Kuri were still here. Shisui hated Sasuke, so he wasn't fond of me at the moment. Kuri is immature, and she annoyed me. I could get along with Asuki, but she had to keep an eye on Kuri and Shisui, so I was all alone in the end.

I sighed and stood up. I should just try to amuse myself now that almost no one was here. I grabbed the handle of the door, when everything suddenly began to shake. I grunted and leaned against the door to keep my balance. Cracks formed in the walls and small stones were falling from the ceiling, making dust rise. Was this an earthquake? There have never been earthquakes around here before.

A loud bang made me flinch, and I grunted when I almost stumbled. No doubt about it,

it was an attack.

When the shaking stopped, I left my room and ran through the hallways, searching for Shisui, Kuri and Asuki. The kitchen was currently the closest to me, so I decided to look there first. Just when I was nearing the room, the ground began to shake again, and I bumped against the wall when I lost my footing. I hissed in pain when my shoulder began to ache from the sudden impact, but froze shortly when I heard a loud scream echo throughout the base.

''SHISUI!''

I turned around and ran back. That was definitely Asuki, and it came from the living room. I felt my body beginning to tingle as I already saw the room coming closer and closer.

When I entered, my eyes widened. The ceiling had collapsed, and Asuki was digging into the pile of stones, shouting her son's name. A small stream of blood left the heap of rocks.

''Shisui!'' Asuki cried as she threw another stone away, attempting to free Shisui. Tears were streaming down her face as she desperately kept looking for his body.

I clenched my fists and gritted my teeth. ''Asuki..''

''Kaira! You've got to help me!'' She shouted, glancing at me with a pleading look on her face. ''Help me save Shisui!''

She knew it. Asuki knew Shisui didn't survive that, but she just didn't want to face reality. She's giving herself false hope. ''Asuki.'' I said again, speaking softly, trying to calm her down. ''Where is Kuri? We have to leave this place right now.''

''Shisui is still here!" She whimpered. ''I'm not going without him! He's the only one I have left!"

It was true. Itachi was dead, and so was Rai. Shisui was the only one left, but now she was all alone. I gasped when the ground began to vibrate again, and I grabbed Asuki's arm. ''We have to leave! The whole place is going to collapse soon!''

Asuki yanked her arm back rather forcefully. ''No! I'm staying!"

I couldn't look at this any longer. It may be harsh, but she needed to know, and accept the truth. ''Shisui is dead, Asuki!'' I yelled. ''He's dead and he's not coming back! I know it's sudden, but pull yourself together and come with me! We have to find Kuri!''

She wasn't cooperating at all. She slumped on the floor, and cried uncontrollably. She was normally very calm and collected, so seeing her like this frustrated me.  I didn't know how to deal with this Asuki.

I grunted. If she wasn't going to help, then I'd have to do it myself. Leaving my mom's sister behind wasn't an option for me. She helped me countless times, she cured mom, and she healed Izuna a lot too. I couldn't possibly leave her behind.

I grabbed her arm again, and wrapped it around my shoulders. I lifted her off the floor, but she leaned away from me, making it hard for me to keep her on her feet. It was like her whole body had become numb. My pregnancy didn't make supporting her easier as well. Teardrops fell onto the floor and her soft cries filled the room.

Another attack, and the base was falling apart even more. If I could only use my Mangekyou Sharingan and summon Susanoo, but it was too risky. Its size would destroy the ceiling and the walls. The whole hideout would collapse, and Kuri would be crushed.

''Asuki!'' I yelled angrily. ''If you don't cooperate now, we'll both die!''

Asuki whimpered and I couldn't support her body anymore due to the ground trembling. She was leaning away from me on purpose. ''Asuki!" I hissed as she let herself fall to the ground.

''Leave me here.'' she whispered. ''I have nothing to live for anymore anyway.''

I growled and grabbed the collar of her shirt violently, making her eyes widen slightly in shock. ''What about Miyu, huh!?'' I screamed. ''And what about Izuna, Suki, and me!? We need you!''

''You'll be fine without me.'' she muttered with a dull look in her eyes.

I grunted and retracted my hands. She was too depressed to think clearly. What should I do? What to do?

Asuki covered her face with her hands. ''Just leave me alone.''

I bit my lip, and my chest felt tight. Was I really going to leave my aunt behind? I closed my eyes tightly, preventing tears from overflowing, and took a deep breath, and exhaled when I had made a choice.

''I'm sorry, Asuki.''

Third Person.

Kaira ran through the hallways, alone. Her cousin was dead, and her aunt was going to die. Who else was she going to lose? Kuri? She still hadn't found her, and Asuki didn't know where she was either. If she wouldn't be able to find her within the next few minutes, she would have to abandon her. She could have already left the base, of she met the same fate as Shisui. Some parts of the base had already collapsed after all.

Minutes passed, and Kuri was nowhere to be found. Kaira had no choice but to give up on her.

She was frustrated. So many people had died, and now her family was becoming smaller and smaller. So many familair faces around her were disappearing.

She clenched her fists as she headed to the exit while the walls around her began to crumble.

Why did this have to happen?