Chapter 47. Shock.

Kaira's POV.

A few weeks have passed, and Sasuke was doing better. His eyes still hurt sometimes, but it was much less than before. Even though Sasuke was feeling better, it was the opposite for me.

I was feeling pretty tired lately. I didn't know if it was because I trained more, but this fatigue wasn't convenient. I didn't want to shorten my training schedule because I didn't allow myself to slack, but I was really pushing myself to my limits.

Izuna already told me multiple times to take it easy, but I couldn't fall behind. If I wanted to keep up with him, I had to keep going. I've always been strict with myself, so this wouldn't be any different.

I also noticed that Sasuke and I were being a little bit distant to each other lately, in a good way though. It was not like we were growing apart, but we gave each other just a little bit more space. Sasuke didn't need to rely on me so much anymore since he could see again and we also didn't have to be together all the time.

We both had our own things to do after all.

''Let's call it a day.'' Izuna muttered.

''Huh?'' I looked at him. ''We've just been training for an hour. Why are we already stopping?'' I asked. ''We can still go on.''

Izuna glanced at me, one of his eyebrows raised. ''You're reaction time is slow and your punches aren't as powerful as they were when we started.'' he pointed out. ''Normally, you can keep going for three to four hours, but you're already showing signs of fatigue after only one hour.''

I scoffed. ''I can still keep going.''

Izuna sighed and walked at me, placing his hand on my shoulder once he was close enough to do so. ''You need to take better care of yourself, Kaira.'' he said. ''Let's continue tomorrow.''

"Izuna!"

"I noticed you've gotten paler lately." he muttered. "You're working hard, but maybe you're overdoing it. Just get some rest. I'm worried, you know?''

Knowing he wouldn't let me keep going no matter what, I decided to give up. Maybe it was indeed better to get some rest so I'd feel well again tomorrow.

I sighed. ''Fine.''

Izuna smiled and patted my back. ''I'll see you later then.''

''Where are you going?'' I asked as he began to walk away.

''Library.'' he said before he left the training grounds.

I sighed again and left too, but walked into the opposite direction, heading to my room. It bothered me that I didn't know what caused me to feel this way. I may train more, but I slept enough. I shouldn't be fatigued this easily. And fatigue wasn't the only thing. Also nausea now and then.

Maybe I was just sick?

I walked up the stairs, I suddenly felt dizzy. I blinked with my eyes, trying to see where I was walking, but everything was swirling. I brought one hand to my head and gritted my teeth. Leaning against the wall, I attempted to keep my balance, but everything was turning in a circle. The vertigo wouldn't go away, and I staggered a bit on my feet.

Suddenly, I felt one arm around my waist, pulling me into a warm chest. ''Are you okay, Kaira?''

It took a few seconds before the dizziness disappeared, and I looked up to Sasuke. ''I'm fine.'' I mumbled. ''I'm just not feeling very well.''

''I noticed.'' Sasuke said as he released me. ''Where were you going?''

''To my room.'' I answered. ''I think I need to lie down for a minute.''