Chapter 30. A Second Chance.

Two chapters in one day.. I should be learning for my test now, but I couldn't resist! This chapter is dedicated to fj_uchiha. Thank you for your votes and comments!

Kaira's POV.

I stared at the door as I was lying on my side. It was already morning. It seemed I had fallen asleep yesterday..

In Sasuke's room.

He was currently lying behind me, his arm around my waist. For some reason, I felt so safe, even though we were being targeted. I fet so calm, even though the situation couldn't get worse now. I wonder how Izuna is..

It felt weird to be here, next to Sasuke. We only kissed twice, and I don't even know why he kissed me. I didn't even know why I kissed him that day. I just felt the urge to do so. He was so nice to me, he comforted me, he cared for me..

I wonder what I am to him. I liked Sasuke, I had to admit that. He understood me, and I could tell him everything and he would keep it a secret, yet I couldn't be honest to myself and to him when it came to what I felt for him. I was hesitant at first, unfamiliar with this feeling, but now things were clear.

I think that I.. love Sasuke.

But there's no way I could possibly tell him that. I would be too embarrassed. To think I would be embarrassed about something like that. I normally don't care about what people think of me, but I do care about what Sasuke thinks of me.

I carefully turned around to face him, making sure to not to wake him. His eyes were still closed, so I assumed that he was still asleep. I took a good look at his flawless face now I had the chance.

I suddenly had the tendency to touch his face, to run my hand through his soft black locks, but just when I was about to extend my hand, Sasuke stirred. I quickly pulled my hand back.

Would he wake up now? I hope not. I sighed softly in relief when Sasuke's eyes remained closed.

Maybe I should go. I guess it would be awkward for Sasuke as well if he would wake up and see my face. I carefully removed his arm from my waist, and lay it down next to him. When I sat up, I took one last glance at the raven. I averted my gaze from him, and looked down at the sheets. I wonder what this meant to him. Me being here.

''I..'' the words came hardly past my lips. ''I love you.. Sasuke..'' I whispered. Biting my lip, I pulled the sheets aside, and swung my legs over the edge of the bed. Why was I so upset about this? Not knowing how he felt? I probably couldn't tell him those words again without knowing how he felt about me. Sasuke was asleep now anyway, so he probably hadn't heard me.

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. I should really go now, before he'll wake up. I was about to stand up, when I heard Sasuke move behind me, and I stiffened. I slowly looked over my shoulder, and saw two onyx eyes stare at me.

''S-Sasuke?!"'

I quickly stood up, and turned around to face him. Was he awake the whole time, or id he just wake up? Sasuke sat up and ran a hand through his hair, removing the bangs that were hanging in his face. I was unsure about what I should do. Acting like nothing happened? I noticed that my breathing had quickened a bit, and I began to feel uneasy. Was I nervous? I swallowed thickly and managed a small smile. ''I.. I should go now..'' I murmured as I turned around and began to walk away.

I grabbed the doorknob, but just when I was about to open the door, a hand went past my head, pushing the door shut. ''Why are you acting so weird?''

Hearing Sasuke's morning voice made me shudder. It was deeper and raspier than his usual voice. I didn't really know what to say. He didn't hear what I said, was he really still asleep then?