Chapter 55. War.

Kaira's POV.

I buried my face deeper into Sasuke's neck, practically pushing it. I didn't know what I was supposed to feel.  I felt angry, sad, disappointed, scared, guilty, troubled, but also relieved. Relieved because I didn't have to hide it anymore. Because now I had another reason to avoid him.

I certainly didn't want to see him anymore. At least not for a while.

Sasuke sighed, and I felt his arms around my waist. ''Are you okay?''

I didn't reply. How was I supposed to reply? I didn't know what I felt, so I couldn't give him an answer. Pressing my lips tightly together, I tried to fight back tears.

All these mixed feelings were confusing me, and I didn't know what to do anymore. It was a good thing that Sasuke was still here, or else I'd be completely lost.

Sasuke must have felt something wet against his neck, because he grabbed my shoulders and pushed me away from him, slowly and gently. His black orbs stared into mine. He was the same as me. I could see it in his eyes. He was also angry, also disappointed, but also relieved.

''You don't need him.'' he said with certainty. ''You know that, right?''

I nodded, but I wasn't sure of the answer I'd given. For now, I didn't need Madara. Only Sasuke, Izuna and mom were enough for me, but at the moment, only Sasuke was here.

Almost everyone left yesterday, for the war. Only Asuki, Kuri, Zetsu and Shisui were at the base, together with Sasuke and me. I still hadn't told him about the huge fight that was about to take place, just like Izuna instructed me. I felt bad about it, but it was the right thing to do.

I knew I couldn't hide the fact that there was a war going on between nations from him, but even if he'd find out, he'd find out later, when most damage would be already done.

Sasuke's cold fingertips wiped my tears, and then he slowly began to touch my face. Even though I felt relieved, I also felt helpless, and lost. Madara was my father, and if he was against this, I didn't feel exactly happy.

He didn't explicitly say he was against it. He only said I was too young, and after that, it just became a quarrel about me being disobedient. But still, he didn't react supportive, or in any other positive way.

I sighed, and Sasuke placed his hand on my cheek. It was warm, unlike the cold feelings I was having now. It was so comforting, so familiar.

I wanted more of it.

I gripped Sasuke's shirt tighter, and tugged a bit at it, pulling him closer to me. He already understood quickly what I wanted and tilted my head slightly before leaning in and pressing his lips softly against mine. They were also warm.

The kiss was slow, and it didn't sped up like it usually would. I appreciated that. At the moment, I just wanted him to hold me. I may look pitiful, clingy and pathetic, but I couldn't care less.

After the war, everything would be different. Sasuke would leave the Akatsuki, and I'd go with him. I didn't know where, and I also didn't care.

Everywhere but here would  do.

Sasuke pulled away, and then let go of me completely, getting off the bed. ''I'm going to get something to drink.'' he said. ''Do you want something to?''

I shook my head, and stood up as well. ''I'm going to take a shower.''

Sasuke's POV.

Almost everybody was gone. Something was going on. I knew that Kaira knew something. She isn't suspecting anything, and that means that she knows of what was going on. I wanted to know too.

I wanted answers.

I entered the kitchen and ignored the glare Shisui was sending me. That brat should just quit already. It was annoying.

I grabbed a bottle of water and left. The hallways were so empty, and it was also so silent. I clenched my jaw. I didn't like this one bit.

I quickly went back to the room, hoping Kaira wasn't showering yet. I didn't have the patience anymore.

When I was back, I knocked on the door of the bathroom, and heard her answer. ''Yes?''

''Are you still dressed?''

''I am.'' I heard her mutter, sounding a bit confused. ''Why do you ask?''

''Get out.'''

It only took a few seconds for her to do as I asked, and when she came out, she frowned at me. ''Is something wrong?''

She had already taken off her shirt, leaving her in a black tank top and a pair of shorts. I grabbed her arm and pulled her fully out of the bathroom. ''S-Sasuke?''

I didn't answer immediately and let her bump into me, holding her shoulders tightly. ''Kaira, what is going on? Where is everybody?'' I questioned. ''Tell me.''

She looked away from me. ''I can't tell you.'' she whispered. ''I'm sorry.''

"Did Madara tell you to keep your mouth shut?" I grunted. ''Why won't you tell me?''

I knew I was getting pretty rude by now, but I didn't like the fact that she was keeping things from me at all. ''Kaira!''

''If I tell you, you will go away!'' she snapped, grabbing the wrist I was holding her shoulder with, unconsciously digging her nails in my skin. ''You will leave!''

The door opened, and Zetsu came in. ''Kaira, don't tell-'' He was cut off, and I heard Asami gasp. The room was lit with a purple light. Zetsu cried out in pain. ''W-Why would you do this?'' he grunted as he was pierced by my Susanoo and fell to the ground when I pulled my Susanoo back. His body was now lifeless.

''S-Sasuke..'' she stuttered, and I looked back at her, my Sharingan still activated. I didn't want to intimidate, or scare her, but it was too late now. I let go of her shoulder and held her chin, making her look at me instead of Zetsu. ''Kaira, tell me.''

She bit her lip. ''A war.'' she whispered. ''There is a war going on now. Everybody is out there, fighting.''

''Akatsuki versus who?''

''Everybody.'' she chuckled weakly. ''Against the Five Great Shinobi Countries.''

I let go of her, and Kaira leaned against the wall, avoiding looking into my eyes. ''I didn't tell you because if you knew, I was sure you'd join the war.'' she explained. ''You'd try to crush Konoha, and I don't want you to. Suki lives there now!"

I grunted. I understood how she felt. I knew she didn't want to be left here with insecure feelings, but she knew this would happen eventually.

Kaira roughly wiped her newly formed tears away and wanted to walk past me, but I grabbed her waist and pulled her against me. Kaira stiffened for a mere moment, but then buried her face in my chest. Zetsu was long forgotten by now. I sighed and pressed my lips against her temple. ''I'm sorry for treating you like this.'' I muttered against her soft hair. ''I'm going anyway, Kaira. Suki is probably also fighting, so getting my revenge now wouldn't harm her.''

Kaira slammed her fists against my chest pretty hard, but not hard enough to really hurt me. ''I hate you.'' she mumbled. ''You will return, you hear me?''

''I have enough reasons to return, haven't I?'' I muttered as I placed my hand on the small bump on her stomach.

''If you don't, I will never forgive you.'' she warned me, emphasizing never.

''Understood.''

-------------

Just a few more chapters before the end of this story (finally). I've been meaning to end this now for a while. I have so much more future stories to write and I'm so excited about that. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed :)

Happy new year!