Chapter 12. Bounty Hunters.

Sasuke's POV.

''I tried it the nice way, but if you refuse to tell me anything, I'll do it the hard and painful way.'' I hissed in her ear. ''Now tell me where Itachi is, my patience is running out.''

Kaira shifted but I held her tightly, making sure she couldn't escape. I pressed the blade a little bit against her throat, and Kaira stiffened. I clenched my jaw when she still didn't say anything.  ''Kaira.. I'll give you one last chance to tell me where he is.. You have to remember I can always use you against the Akatsuki..'' I threatened.

''I don't care.. I won't betray him.'' Kaira breathed out. I snorted and sheathed my katana and turned her around, gripping her neck. ''Why are you defending him?!" I yelled. ''He murdered my clan! He took everything away from me!''

Kaira gasped and I loosened my fingers around her throat. Kaira glared at me, slightly panting at the lack of air. ''He's.. my friend.. and my sensei.. I rather die then sell him out..'' he spoke coldly, only fuelling my anger. Why would she say something like that?! Itachi's a monster! She's speaking of him like he doesn't deserve it to be betrayed, but he does deserve it. He betrayed the clan.. he betrayed me!

''Sasuke..'' Suigetsu nudged me and I glared at him. ''What?''

''We still need her, don't suffocate her!'' He exclaimed. I glanced at the Kaira and let her go once I saw I had been unconsciously tightening my fingers around her throat. Kaira coughed as she fell to her knees, touching her throat.

Kaira's POV.

My throat was burning and it was kinda hard to breathe. I looked up at Sasuke and glared at him. He  wasn't as nice anymore as he was the previous time we encountered each other. I bet he only did it so I would tell him Itachi's whereabouts. But then he was terribly wrong. I am very loyal to the Akatsuki, and Itachi is more than just a comrade to me. He is both my friend and sensei and I kinda see him as my brother as well. Itachi has been a big part of my life and he had even cared for me when I was just a kid.

I never knew he murdered his clan, and I never thought he would do such a thing. But I have killed innocent people myself too, so I won't look differently at Itachi now.

I looked at the white haired boy, and I saw the Kubikiribōchō  on his back. So he was Suigetsu. He wasn't paying attention, and I quickly got up, I had to go back to the base. My throat still hurt and so did my arm. Sasuke twisted it pretty badly... stupid jerk.

I slowly walked backwards, and when they still hadn't noticed me, I turned around and was about to run, if it wasn't for Sasuke standing in front of me. ''You aren't going anywhere.'' he spoke coldly. I grunted and quickly looked over my shoulder, and saw Suigetsu grinning at me. I sighed and swiftly did some hand seals. ''Raiton: Gian..'' I whispered. Lighting emitted from my mouth, in the shape of a spear, and it was pointed at Suigetsu.

He gulped and quickly duck aside, but I had already aimed a new one at him. The lightning hit him and he turned into some sort of jelly. I picked up Suigetsu's sword and turned to Sasuke, who was very annoyed at the moment. ''Come on, Kaira. Aren't you in for a fair fight, now that I can fight to my full potential again? I never thought you were the one who would try to escape..''

I clenched my jaw and tightened the grip on the sword while I heard Suigetsu curse. He couldn't get up, because he was still numb because of my jutsu. The other two ran at Sasuke, and the Karin immediately glared at me. ''Sasuke, you know her?!"'

''Jugo, Karin. Stay out of this. It's my fight.''

I laughed mockingly. ''Don't be so full of yourself, Sasuke, and besides, I don't even have time for this.''

Sasuke grunted and glared at me. ''Only you are full of yourself, Kaira, and you aren't going anywhere before you told me what I need to know.''

I grunted and held Suigetsu's sword in front of me. ''Let's see about that..''

Sasuke drew his katana, a small smirk played on his lips. ''You'll regret it.''

Battling with Sasuke is the last thing I would regret. He was the biggest challenge I've ever had. The people I've fought before were all so weak, and easily beaten. But I really had to go now. Mom was more important. I was told that there were still some days left before the disease would kill mom, but Asuki didn't know how many. Mom still had some time left, but I wanted to be with her every minute now that it was still possible, just in case Asuki wouldn't be able to find a cure.

''Sasuke!''

Sasuke looked over his shoulder at Jugo, who had a bird on his shoulder. ''People are coming, and they are coming for the girl.''

My eyes widened. For me? Who are these guys? Maybe they're from the Akatsuki and came after Suki told them I was still with Sasuke and his team.

''Who are they?'' Sasuke asked icily.

''Bounty hunters.''

Madara's POV.

''Did you already found it?'' I asked impatiently.

Asuki sighed, obviously annoyed. ''I have to create the medicine, Madara. It takes time.'' she grumbled. ''And you shouldn't be so impatient.''

I clenched my fists and glared at her back. How could she say something like that? ''How can I not be impatient?! Miyu is my wife, and she will die if we won't be able to make a cure! We don't know how many time id left, Asuki!''

''Miyu is my sister, and I also care about her, Madara! But if I don't work patiently and calmly, I could make careless mistakes while working on the cure. And then Miyu won't even heal and maybe it would only get worse!''

I clenched my jaw and took a deep breath. I knew she was right, even though I didn't like it. ''Asuki, make sure you make enough. Maybe Miyu is not the only one who inherited the disease. You and Deidara are her siblings, and maybe even one of the kids has inherited it. If we give everyone who can possibly have the disease a medicine, no one will ever get it again.''

Asuki nodded, and opened her mouth to say something, but we both turned around when we heard someone yell. ''Dad!!''

''Suki?'' I asked. Suki was carrying two small bags, with probably the herbs, and she gave them to Asuki. Why does she have two? Everyone was supposed to get one..

Suki turned to me and grabbed my hand and tried to pull me with her, unsuccessfully. ''Dad, you have to come! Kaira! She-''

''What happened?'' I questioned.

''Sasuke captured me, he wanted to know where Itachi was! I don't even know how he knew I was an Akatsuki. I wasn't wearing the cloak and I've never seen Sasuke before. But Kaira got me out and she told me to go back and she stayed behind with Sasuke and his team! She won't be able to handle them all on her own, we've got to help her! You know how stubborn she is!''

''Suki. You are staying here.'' I demanded. ''Help out Asuki.''

''But-''

''I'm going alone.''