Chapter 54. Denial.

Kaira's POV.

"Are you feeling better now?" Sasuke asked as he entered the room.

"I'm fine." I muttered as he pressed his hand against my forehead. I felt still a bit weak and dizzy now and then, but the fever was mostly gone.

"Did something happen when I was away?" Sasuke asked as be sat down next to me.

"No." I lied. I couldn't tell him about what Izuna said to me a few days ago. Even though I really wanted to, I didn't do it to protect Suki's home. If Sasuke would take his revenge, and crush Konoha, Suki would be in trouble.

"Heard anything from Madara?" He questioned while I saw him looking at me from the corners of my eyes. "About the pregnancy?"

I clenched my jaw and shook my head. "He doesn't know yet." I whispered. "I have been avoiding him for a while now."

"We can't hide it for much longer, you know?" Sasuke sighed.

"What are you suggesting?" I asked. "That we tell him right now?"

Sasuke shrugged and sighed again. He obviously didn't look forward to telling Madara, and neither was I. I've never really been afraid of him, despite him being intimidating and strict without mercy, but now I was afraid.

He could react calmly, and accept it, but he could also become furious.

"I'll be going now then." Sasuke said as he stood up.

"You just got here." I grumbled, feeling a bit disappointed. "Why are you going already?"

"Izuna asked me to train with him." He replied. "I just came here to check up on you, but I'll be back later."

"Izuna did?" I asked surprised. "Well, don't push yourself too hard. He may look stupid and easygoing, but he's a different person while fighting."

Sasuke nodded and placed one of his cool hands on my neck and bent down, giving me a chaste kiss. "I'll see you later."

"Bye." I muttered as he left.

When he was gone, I let out a sigh.I was glad when he came here, but now he's already left. We've been spending less time together, I noticed that. It's not like we didn't want to see each other, but we also had our own things to do.

I pursed my lips and just when I was about to lie down, someone knocked on my door.

"Come in." I said slowly as I grabbed a pillow and hugged it to hide my stomach in case it was my father.

The door opened and I swallowed thickly, but heaved a sigh in relief once Shisui entered my room. "Shisui, what are you doing here?"

"Madara asked me to tell he he wants to see you."

Third Person.

The moment Shisui said that, Kaira had felt uneasy. She knew she had to go. She didn't have another choice. If she didn't go to Madara's office now, he'd come to her, and that wouldn't be very pleasant.

Now, she was walking toward the room where her father was waiting for her. She was thinking of what she'd say to him, but she couldn't come up with anything that would save herself.

The bump was still small, so there was a chance he'd overlook it, but Madara was observant and not stupid.

Kaira clenched her jaw and she grabbed the handle of the door. He was going to find out sooner or later, so maybe this was the best time?

Opening the door, she peeked into the room, and was relieved to see Madara paying attention to the paperwork only, and not her, even though he knew she was there.

"You wanted to see me?" Kaira asked as she closed the door.

"Yes." He answered, still not looking up. "I have a mission for you. A scouting mission."

"Alright." Kaira spoke softly. "Where do I have to go?"

"Iwagakure. If possible, I'd like you to infiltrate the village."

"Infiltrate?" She muttered. "They know who I am. I'd be discovered the second I enter, even if I'm disguised."

"That is a risk we'll have to take."

Kaira looked away. "I can't accept this mission. You can better ask someone else."

Madara stopped reading the document in front of him. "Why can't you do it?"

Kaira gritted her teeth. "I.. I am-" Madara looked up, his Sharingan activated, and a second later, he stood in front of Kaira. She backed away in shock, but Madara grabbed her arm.

"No wonder you've been avoiding me." He mumbled coldly as he held her tighter, making Kaira whimper softly. "How long did you think you could hide this from me?"

"I-I didn't think I could hide this from you." Kaira stuttered as she tried to escape from Madara's grip. "At least, not the whole time."

Madara grunted. "It's Sasuke's?"

"Y-Yes."

He grimaced. "I knew you two were hanging out together more often, but to think your relationship with him had gotten this far."

The look on his face and his comment made her angry. He talked about them as if it disgusted him. "Why do you care!?"

Madara narrowed his eyes. "You're my daughter, and you're only 18!" He shouted. "You're not ready for this!"

"18 isn't that young anymore!" Kaira snapped back. "And I know I'm not ready for this, but I have people who will support me when I need support, so why are you being so unsupportive!?"

Kaira whimpered more when he squeezed her arm harder. "You've got some nerve to talk to me like that." He hissed. "Why were you hiding this from me? Where you afraid that I'd tell you to get rid of it? Or that I'd become furious?" He asked. "I'm angrier now because you hid it from me for so long, and also because of your inappropriate behaviour. You've become quite disobedient."

"I'm not your dog, so don't expect me to always listen to you!"

Madara growled and raised his hand, ready to hit her. With only one free hand, she readied herself to block it, but she also knew it wouldn't make much of a difference. Madara was strong. Too strong for her.

His hand came down, and Kaira was pushed back. Not by the fist, but by Izuna. He blocked Madara's attack, while Sasuke caught Kaira.

"Are you okay?" He asked as he pulled her up. Kaira nodded and buried her face in his neck. If he and Izuna wouldn't have come, she'd be in even more trouble.

She felt horrible. Her father denied something Sasuke and she were going to work hard for, and that depressed her.

---------------------

I should start every chapter with a sorry. Well, sorry for the late update. I've been busy, even without school. Not only that, but I didn't really know how to let Madara react. I came up with this, and I hope it wasn't too disappointing. Well, I'm less busy next week so then I'll try to update a but faster.