Chapter 51. Readability.

Kaira's POV.

Sasuke sat down next to me on the bed and leaned against the head of it.''What do you think is best?'' he asked.

I looked down at my fingers. ''I.. don't know.'' I replied slowly. Even after a few days, I still didn't know how to answer that question. I asked it myself many times, but wasn't able to reply. ''We're still teenagers, and we're certainy not ready for this.'' I began softly. ''But somehow, it doesn't feel right if I think of getting rid of it.''

''Well of course not.'' Sasuke sighed. ''You're the mother. Did you think it'd be easy for you?''

''What about you?'' I asked, scoffing slightly. ''You talk about it so easily, but what do you honestly think?''

''I have mixed feelings about it as well.'' Sasuke admitted. ''It's too early for us, we don't have any experience, and we weren't prepared at all, but we're also both responsible.''

And we couldn't run away from our responsibilities.. I pursed my lips and looked down. My stomach was still flat. It was like nothing was in there, and I'd think  that way if I wasn't constantly reminded of its presence by having dizzy spells and headaches. But what Sasuke said was true; we were both responsible, and we should take responsibility, but if we weren't ready enough for this, it wouldn't only make life more difficult for Sasuke and me, but it wouldn't make the child happy either.

''What do you suggest we'd do?'' I murmured.

''What do you think will happen if we decide to abort it?'' Sasuke asked, kinda answering my question with one of his own. ''How would you feel and what would our future look like?''

''Well..'' I began slowly. ''I think I'd feel guilty, but it would be the best solution for us. It's just the truth that we, at least I, won't be able to handle a kid.''

''And what if we keep it?''

''He or she would have the worst mother ever, but I do think it would bring the two of us closer.'' I whispered. ''I mean.. I.. I would need you a lot. I've totally no knowledge about the whole pregnancy thing.''

I gritted my teeth. Talking about this was somewhat awkward, and it also frustrated me a bit that Sasuke talked about this so carefree. At least, he had that kind of expression on his face.

''And you think I do have any knowledge?'' Sasuke grunted, sounding somewhat annoyed. ''I'm just as clueless as you are.''

I looked away from him and clenched my jaw.''Maybe it's better is we talk later about this again.'' I was about to stand up, but the moment I was standing on my feet, Sasuke swiftly took a firm hold of my wrist and pulled me back. I grunted when my back hit the mattress and I glared at Sasuke. ''What was that for?'' I growled. ''I didn't want to start a fight with you, but if you want it that badly..''

Sasuke merely sighed and motioned for me to scoot closer to him. I wasn't willing to do so, but obediently moved closer to him anyway, but was sure to keep a distance between us. Sasuke sighed again and grabbed me by my waist, practically dragging me toward him. I grunted and tried to resist, but he only held me tighter and managed to get me by his side. This was stupid. I was tired of this. All I wanted now was to go to my room and rest for a bit.

 When he finally released me, I saw my chance to walk away, and took it, but I should have predicted that Sasuke wouldn't let me do as I pleased so easily. He grabbed my arm and prevented me from going. Of course I attempted to escape from his grip, but I was currently too tired and he was just physically stronger than me, but that didn't stop me from trying.

Sasuke was now obviously annoyed by my behaviour. The look on his face told me enough. I felt the same. Sasuke was irritating me. His untroubled attitude pissed me off. It was like he didn't care. He talked like it wasn't his problem, and he looked like it was the last thing to worry about.

''Let me go!'' I hissed as I began to use more force to yank myself free, but Sasuke wouldn't budge. Clenching my jaw, I sent him a deadly glare and tried to push myself away from him, but it all wouldn't work. All my efforts had no effect.

Instead, Sasuke suddenly pulled me forward, causing me to bump into him. I whimpered softly and grabbed his shoulder to stabilize myself. And just when I was about to scold him, he shut me up. Not by talking first or pressing his hand against my mouth, no, not something like that. The way he prevented me from saying anything was surprising in this situation.

Just a few seconds ago, I was still calling him things and trying to get away, and the next moment he was kissing me. I didn't respond, but I didn't resist either. I just let him. My muscles relaxed and I just sat there, on his lap, where I accidentally landed when he pulled me into him.

When Sasuke pulled away, he already had a slightly different look in his eyes, but that didn't explain his former action.

''W-What was that for?'' I murmured as I turned my head away.

''You should know by now that you're an open book to me.'' Sasuke said. ''I can easily read you. Maybe you shouldn't t conclude things so fast. If you do, the chance you're wrong is pretty big.''

I grumbled and looked back at Sasuke. ''If you knew I was thinking like that, why didn't you change your stupid attitude?''

''To see how you would react.'' he answered. ''If you'd really think that I didn't care.''

I felt slightly shameful. I knew that I often come to a conclusion pretty fast without knowing everything, and that wasn't always good, but to think I didn't trust Sasuke.. ''Seems I failed your little test..'' I whispered softly.

Sasuke let out a 'tch' and I shivered once I felt Sasuke's cold fingers lift my shirt slightly, which I didn't expect. When his cool hands touched my stomach, I shifted uncomfortably on his lap, but didn't stop him. The tips of his fingers brushed against my skin in a soothing manner, and I leaned my head forward, pacing my forehead on his shoulder.

''You may have failed one test, but you did the other one very well.'' Sasuke muttered.

I frowned. ''What other test?''

''Those questions I asked you.'' he said. ''You know I can read you, right? When you answered those questions, I could tell how you felt.''

It was almost scary how easily Sasuke could tell what I was thinking just by seeing how I reacted to things or how I behaved. I never thought it was this obvious.. And not only that, but it was pretty accurate as well. He was right most of  the time.

''Well?'' I asked. ''How did I feel?''

''You want to keep it, don't you?''

-----------------------

Sasuke OOC? Idk cause I don't really know how he'd really react if something like this happened.. hehe