Chapter 50. Support.

Shorter chapter than usual and maybe it's not very good either, but I wanted to save the other stuff for the next chapter. Hope you enjoy :)

Kaira's POV.

Before, I could easily tell there was pretty much pressure on the relationship between me and Sasuke. I had felt uneasy and afraid, but most of that tension disappeared this morning. It was hard to imagine that just a kiss could make things like this better, but it was like Sasuke was telling it was okay. Just by kissing me. Of course he had said it before, that we would come to an solution together, but those words barely reassured me for some reason. The way he said it hadn't really made me feel better.

A knock on the door snapped me out of my thoughts, and before I could respond, the door opened. Izuna revealed himself. I was glad to see him, but the look on his face bothered me. How to describe it... He seemed to feel.. guilty?

I stood up. ''Izuna?'' I asked. ''Is something wrong?''

''I told mom.''

''You told mom?'' I asked slowly. ''I-Izuna, why did you tell her?''

I didn't want her to find out this way. I wanted to tell her it myself sometime later, but now Izuna decided to tell mom just like that? What did she say? How did she react? She must think I didn't have the courage to tell her myself, or that I wanted to hide it from her, but that's both not true!

''She wants to talk to you.'' Izuna said, not answering my question, and he smiled softly. ''Don't worry so much. You know how she is right?''

I swallowed thickly and rubbed my hands together. I knew how she was. She was caring and understanding, but I was still nervous.

I just hoped she'd support me.

Sasuke's POV.

I grunted when I felt Shisui's eyes on me again. That kid just didn't know when to stop. He was still glaring at me, already since Itachi died. Of course he blamed me. I was the one who killed him after all, but he also had to understand that that was Itachi's will. He wanted me to kill him.

If I only knew the truth from the start, then this wouldn't have happened. It was all Konoha's fault. If those stupid elders only did things differently, then Itachi would still be alive. He may have suffered from an illness, but couldn't Asuki have cured him?

I gritted my teeth. Danzou may be dead now, but my revenge wasn't over yet.

Kaira's POV.

''Thank you.'' I breathed shakily as I embraced mom tightly.

''I've also been through this.'' Mom said. ''I was older though, but that doesn't mean that I'm disappointed in you or something like that. How did you think I was going to react?''

''I thought you'd be angry with me.''

Mom released me and placed her hands on my shoulders. ''It didn't happen on purpose, did it?'' She asked. ''It's not your fault, so why should I be angry with you?''

''You have no idea how much better this makes me feel.'' I said softly. ''I was pretty afraid of your reaction.''

''You know that I'd always support you no matter what you do, right?'' She questions as she smiled. ''Now, what are you going to do? You are keeping it, right?''

''I-I don't know yet.'' I stuttered. ''Sasuke and I still have to talk about that, and I don't know how to make the right choice.''

''This might sound a bit silly, but you just have to follow your heart.'' Mom said. ''Just do whatever feels right. It's your choice, so no one will blame you if you make 'wrong' choice in their eyes.''

Izuna's POV.

''Izuna!''

Upon hearing my name, I looked over my shoulder, but turned fully around when I saw Kaira approaching. ''Kaira?''

I puffed when she almost literally jumped at me. I had to take a few steps back to prevent us from falling. Her arms were wrapped around my neck as she buried her face in my chest. I simply held her by putting my hands on her upper arms.

''Kaira?'' I asked again. I thought she'd be a bit angry with me. I told mom about her pregnancy while she actually wanted to tell her herself. Not that I had a choice. Mom was pretty worried back then, and since Kaira wanted to talk to Sasuke, I had to keep mom busy. I ended up telling her what was going on. Well, she was going to find out one way or another..

''Thank you, Izuna.'' Kaira whispered as she looked up to me.

''For what?'' I asked, slightly flabbergasted. ''I didn't really do anything.''

''You really helped me.'' Kaira said. ''When I found out about.. that, I didn't know who to turn to. I actually wanted to tell mom first, but I was afraid of her reaction. Of course I was afraid of yours too.'' She laughed softly, and I smiled. ''You can be arrogant, stupid, and self overstimating and also rather protective,'' she continued. ''But you're also one of the few who always stayed by my side and supported me.''

I grinned and ruffled her hair. ''Well, I'm not the only one with those 'bad' characteristics, and of course I always supported you, and still do. I'm you brother, and all brothers support their sisters and are protective over them.''

''So..'' I muttered. ''What did mom say?''

''She'd be happy no matter what choice I'd make.'' She said. ''Guess I was nervous for nothing.''

''You shouldn't think that we'd abandon you or something.'' I chuckled. ''You're family, we're family. We overcome everything together, right?''

Kaira smiled. ''Yes.''