Chapter 52. Precious.

Something went wrong, apparently. I don't know how, but this chapter was suddenly unpublished? Wattpad is bullying me again...

Oh, and everything written in italic is something that's said/done in the (recent) past.

Kaira's POV.

I looked into the mirror raised my shirt a bit, and bit my lip.

A few weeks have passed after Sasuke and I talked. When he asked 'You want to keep it, don't you?'. Back then, I didn't know. Did I really want to keep it? I couldn't answer. I didn't say anything. Sasuke knew he wasn't going to get a response that day. But now, a few weeks later, I still didn't have an answer.

Of course we talked more about it during the last weeks, and Sasuke hadn't brought that question up again. I didn't know why he asked that, or why he thought I would want to keep it. I didn't know what to do yet myself.

But time was running out.

Not everybody knew about this; the pregnancy. Only Izuna, Asuki, mom, Sasuke and I. It was easier to hide than I thought, but now I was beginning to show myself less among the others.

10 weeks, and already a very small bump. It wasn't really noticeable, but it would be in a few weeks.  I was beginning to get nervous. The longer we would wait, the less options I'd have to choose from. And not only that, but I still had to tell dad about this. I was anxious. It was rather obvious that he wouldn't take this so well as mom and Izuna did.

He'd be furious and disappointed. This would definitely destroy the bond I had with him.

I pursed my lips and placed my hand on my stomach. Do what feels right. Do what you think is the best, huh? That's the advice I got, but I didn't know a thing about being pregnant, so how could I make the best choice?

''So this is where you were.''

I looked into the mirror and saw Sasuke standing behind me. I quickly fixed my shirt and turned around. ''S-Sasuke..''

Sasuke sighed and walked at me. ''Since when did you get so flustered and nervous around me?'' he asked.

''I'm not nervous because of you.'' I muttered. ''It's this whole situation that's making me feel uneasy.''

''We can't wait much longer with making a decision.'' Sasuke said. ''Have you already decided?''

''Why do I have to decide?'' I whispered, clenching my fists. ''You're a part of this too, so stop making me feel like I'm the only one who can decide. It's like you want me to get rid of it!''

''It's quite the opposite, actually.''

My eyes widened, and I stared at him. ''Huh?''

''I knew what I wanted from the start, but chose not to say anything until you knew what you wanted. I figured, that if I told you what I wanted, it'd be harder for you to decide what you really want.'' Sasuke explained. ''Correct me if I'm wrong, but is it true, that if I told you I wanted to keep it, that you'd feel bad because you actually wanted the opposite but would decide go along with what I wanted?''

''Y-You've really thought about this..''

''Of course I did..'' Sasuke said. ''I'm a part of this too, right?''

''Idiot.'' I muttered as I buried my face in his shirt. Sasuke's chest vibrated when he let out a smal chuckle and he put his hand on the small of my back, pulling me tighter against him. I hated to admit it, but he was right. Especially because I knew nothing about it, I'd be easily influenced by what others would say. Izuna and mom realised this too and didn't tell me what they'd choose on purpose.

I sighed and closed my eyes, enjoying the contact. ''Sasuke?''

''Hmm?''

''Why do you want to keep it?''

''Well..'' he started. ''I've always wanted to revive the Uchiha clan, thinking Itachi and I were the only ones left. Even after I found out there were more, I knew it wouldn't be enough to keep this clan from extinction.'' he said. ''It wasn't my intention to start a family now though. And..''

''And?''

''I've lost enough people around me.'' Sasuke mumbled, as he held me tighter than before. ''I may not know this kid, but I don't care about that. He or she's a part of my family now, just like you.''

I bit my lip, but couldn't suppress a small smile. I heard Sasuke sigh and he put his hand on my head. ''My shirt is getting wet again.'' he murmured. ''You need to stop crying over everything I'm saying.''

''Blame the hormones.''

Sasuke's POV.

I watched Kaira as she was sleeping peacefully. She had asked me to stay, and I had no reason to refuse. After all, we'd have to get used to being with each other almost the whole time.

''So, now you've heard what I want, what do you want?'' I asked.

''I've decided.''

Kaira squirmed slightly and her eyebrows furrowed. She stirred again, causing her shirt to go up a bit.

''I think..'' she began. ''That I've misunderstood myself the whole time.''

I looked at her stomach, and my hand reached.

''Maybe, I wasn't hesitant about keeping the baby.'' she said. ''But I was hesitant about letting go.''

Her skin was warm, unlike my fingertips, and I looked at Kaira's face. She was still in a deep slumber.

''After hearing what you said, I realized I've been looking at this from only one side. I only thought of the negative things and what it could do to me.''

It was still weird. To think that there was someone right there.

''It was selfish of me to think like that.'' Kaira whispered. ''But now I know what I want.''

And not just someone.

And that is?''

Our child.

''We're keeping it.''