Prologue!

A/N- Hi :) This is my new story.... Please leave a comment and vote, it means a lot to me. i love feedback.  I really like the song to the right and you can play it while you're reading. Please tell me what you think :)

  Prologue

                             Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe,

                         Wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm

                          And gaiety to life and to everything.

                                             – Plato

            Hear it. Be it. Live it.

            Isn’t that all we can ask for?

            Music  isn’t something that you  can capture, take, or hold.

            It  is a being, the very essence of something pure, magical, and beautiful. It  is a gift from God.

            Think. Feel. Listen.

            See past the city, our school, our friends, our family, our home, our lives.

            Music is the gurgling laughter of a river to the hiccupping sob of a heart gone wrong. It  is everywhere. Music  is the words of an author, the stroke of a painter, the grace of a dancer, and the curiosity of a child.

            Music  unites the past, present and future.It unites every culture, every person, every cell within us. It  is a language; the art of expression, someone once told me.

            I used to think that music was only for me. It wasn’t until he showed me  that I realized that music was so much more.

            Music is for the poor, the rich, the broken… It is offering the world your very soul, your every emotion. Music is that feeling of stepping upon that stage -- your stage, and owning the world. Like a brilliant man once said, all the world was a stage. .

            When I step onto that stage, I  not only have the audience in the palm of my hand, but I have the world itself. With the aching words of an ancient awakening perched upon my tongue and a passion for art, I will begin our tale.

            Interwoven with the gems of words, the fragmented pieces of art, and the snapshots of every emotion within the world combined, music came out.

            Music is every tear, laugh, and gasp. Music is pain, sadness, and happiness. It is pure, raw and human.

            Music is ours.

            Falling upon my knees on that stage, I lowered my lips and kissed it.

            Tears pooled out of my eyes, every memory, emotion and thought of the past, present and future lying upon this stage.

            I loved it. I loved it so much that it hurt.

            Gripping my heart, I felt so much pain. It was a pain that pierced past my numbing walls built around an uncaring, ruthless world. In a matter of seconds, it penetrated every spiteful word, every hidden pain, and every crevice of my hardened heart.

            And it hurt. Feeling all these stupid emotions hurt so much. Seeing all these lingering memories hurt.

            Everything was so hard to explain, but I guess that’s what music was for.

            Gasping for air, I filled my lungs with life.

            Speak it told me.

            Now.